Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default One Thing Gabosaurus Does That Makes Sense

I understand the "post and run" thing that Gabosaurus does. There's an idea that you want to see the reaction to, but don't want to get bogged down in a back and forth with some goofball. It then makes sense to make the post, come back later, perhaps much later and see what the first responses were.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

How about you reference what you are talking about?

Too much work on your part?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I understand the "post and run" thing that Gabosaurus does. There's an idea that you want to see the reaction to, but don't want to get bogged down in a back and forth with some goofball. It then makes sense to make the post, come back later, perhaps much later and see what the first responses were.
    I believe for the most part that this is called "trolling".
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Elessar, Little-Acorn, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I believe for the most part that this is called "trolling".
    Surveying is a better word. For example one might find out if given individuals are true political activists or just blowhards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    How about you reference what you are talking about?

Too much work on your part?
    Tailfins is a mental case trying to run experiments on us because he thinks he is some kind of enlightened God.
    Amazing such arrogance from such a blind worm..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Surveying is a better word. For example one might find out if given individuals are true political activists or just blowhards.
    Look, Dipshit...

I like Gabby because she is different, and has always been polite to me.

You, on the other hand, just snipe and troll. Why not have the sense to attach
    the source of your idiotic statements such as this present one?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks gabosaurus, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The whole alleged "post and run" thing is alternately known as "I am not old and retired and can't sit on DP all day."

If I am at work, I might just come on for a couple of minutes. If I am at home, it means I have a family to deal with.
    It might also mean that I have made my point and it is time to move to something different. Or perhaps it is useless to mud wrestle with a pig because the pig enjoys the mud much more than you do. So excuse me for not jumping in the mud with any of you.
    What some old fools consider "trolling" is actually a difference of opinion. Some of you troll me all day with your crazy far-right topics and less than intelligent responses.

I am polite to those who are polite to me. Attack me and I will likely respond with sarcasm. Or, if I am in Bipolar Bitch Mode, attack you with both barrels. Because you obviously deserve it.

12. Thanks indago thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Surveying is a better word.
    Trolling is a better word.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Tailfins is a mental case trying to run experiments on us because he thinks he is some kind of enlightened God.
    Amazing such arrogance from such a blind worm..-Tyr
    Watch it Tyr, he may do that real manly thing and Lawyer up to sue ya. Gabby comes on to get a reaction from folks, TF comes on to test folks, difference being gabby has a brain, TF is happy letting all know he doesn't need one, hell he will just sue.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Look, Dipshit...

I like Gabby because she is different, and has always been polite to me.

You, on the other hand, just snipe and troll. Why not have the sense to attach
    the source of your idiotic statements such as this present one?
    I see that you've found the proper way to address tailfins.

And correctly cited his actions here!

He must feel the need to do that because he grovels at the feet of his muslim masters(bosses)
    and has awareness of his on cowardice and lack of true worth in life IMHO.
    The world's full of them my friend. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-20-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks Jeff, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The whole alleged "post and run" thing is alternately known as "I am not old and retired and can't sit on DP all day."

If I am at work, I might just come on for a couple of minutes. If I am at home, it means I have a family to deal with.
    It might also mean that I have made my point and it is time to move to something different. Or perhaps it is useless to mud wrestle with a pig because the pig enjoys the mud much more than you do. So excuse me for not jumping in the mud with any of you.
    What some old fools consider "trolling" is actually a difference of opinion. Some of you troll me all day with your crazy far-right topics and less than intelligent responses.

I am polite to those who are polite to me. Attack me and I will likely respond with sarcasm. Or, if I am in Bipolar Bitch Mode, attack you with both barrels. Because you obviously deserve it.
    You are correct about having more important things to do. I will add this: If one doesn't time box interacting with people that have a crappy disposition, that crappy disposition will become contagious. I express myself through work, therefore a bunch of idle cranks don't interest me much. Sitting on message board and complaining doesn't advance any ideology.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Watch it Tyr, he may do that real manly thing and Lawyer up to sue ya. Gabby comes on to get a reaction from folks, TF comes on to test folks, difference being gabby has a brain, TF is happy letting all know he doesn't need one, hell he will just sue.
    My opinion of his character is not cause for action in any legal case. I am free to think him a coward all day long etc. and I do..
    This is an internet political forum, if he could bring suit and win on members expressing their opinions on topics OR even each other then - billions of lawsuits would be possible each week since that how often such opinions are expressed on the many tens of thousands sites daily.
    He can sue if one presents as fact, a deliberately false and inflammatory accusation, with deliberate intent to harm or cause injury ETC..
    Merely expressing a personal judgment on his character does no qualify.

He likes to threaten lawsuits because he has likely had true grounds to do so at his workplace and won.
    Other than that he is just a blow-hard IMHO.
    NIGHTTRAIN PRETTY MUCH SAID THE SAME THING TO HIM BACK WHEN HE THREATENED TO SUE HIM..

NT told the little worm to go pound sand. --Tyr

20. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    My opinion of his character is not cause for action in any legal case. I am free to think him a coward all day long etc. and I do..
    This is an internet political forum, if he could bring suit and win on members expressing their opinions on topics OR even each other then - billions of lawsuits would be possible each week since that how often such opinions are expressed on the many tens of thousands sites daily.
    He can sue if one presents as fact, a deliberately false and inflammatory accusation, with deliberate intent to harm or cause injury ETC..
    Merely expressing a personal judgment on his character does no qualify.

He likes to threaten lawsuits because he has likely had true grounds to do so at his workplace and won.
    Other than that he is just a blow-hard IMHO.
    NIGHTTRAIN PRETTY MUCH SAID THE SAME THING TO HIM BACK WHEN HE THREATENED TO SUE HIM..

NT told the little worm to go pound sand. --Tyr
    Plain and simple

Lawsuits are helping destroy this country, as is a worm always praising Allah, IMO anyone that cries about suing as much as Tf does is a complete worm of a man, must of gotten the snot kicked out of him his entire life. Hell that could be the reason for his love of Muslims, Americans all beat his ass, but wait, the ass kicking he got wont be nothing to the beheading he is going to get from his new friends.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Plain and simple

Lawsuits are helping destroy this country, as is a worm always praising Allah, IMO anyone that cries about suing as much as Tf does is a complete worm of a man, must of gotten the snot kicked out of him his entire life. Hell that could be the reason for his love of Muslims, Americans all beat his ass, but wait, the ass kicking he got wont be nothing to the beheading he is going to get from his new friends.

Hell that could be the reason for his love of Muslims, Americans all beat his ass, but wait, the ass kicking he got wont be nothing to the beheading he is going to get from his new friends.
    Only if they seize control of this nation will he ever face such a possibility.
    He, in his self appraised Godlike wisdom, either thinks thats not possible or else thinks his continued appeasing will spare him any vengeful acts the muzzies heap upon the rest of us.
    Blind as a bat is no way to go through life IMHO.
    YET HE SEEMS TO GLORIFY IN IT AND IMAGINE HIMSELF SOME KIND OF DEMI-GOD IMHO.-TYR

24. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

When have you ever made a point?

It's fairly easy to discern the difference between your trolling and making a legitimate argument. You troll far and away more than you post any kind of real argument.

And all Tailfins wants to do is call everyone who doesn't think like him what he is -- an internet bully and troll.
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-20-2016 at 05:34 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

26. Thanks Jeff thanked this post