Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Today is "old soldiers, sailors, marines, and guardsmen day.."

MARCH "FORTH"...OLD SOLDIERS DAY!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

2. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain, Elessar, LongTermGuy, CSM and 4 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    MARCH "FORTH"...OLD SOLDIERS DAY!

Know what's good about getting soldiers on boats? They can't swim. They sink like rocks.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks NightTrain, Elessar, CSM, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Know what's good about getting soldiers on boats? They can't swim. They sink like rocks.
    If soldiers wanted to be on boats they would have joined the Navy.... besides, that's what Marines are for.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Jeff, Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    If soldiers wanted to be on boats they would have joined the Navy.... besides, that's what Marines are for.
    @CSM.

Yeah, well we don't jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Think you can drown before you crash and burn?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks LongTermGuy, CSM thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

CSM Thanks. Ask Gunny, or remind him WHY some Marines have the letters "TGIF" in their boots.

In case he doesn't remember. "TGIF" for Marines, in their boots means..TOES GO IN FIRST.

And if they fall in the water. "TGDF", TOES GO DOWN FIRST.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

10. Thanks LongTermGuy, Elessar, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Despite the inter-Service ribbing (hopefully given and received good naturedly), I totally respect any that have served regardless of what job they did while serving. From the cook that gets up at oh-dark-thirty and does his best to feed the troops to the baddest, bad ass infantryman that charges the enemy with an M60 in one hand, a shotgun in the other and a bayonet between his teeth, we all had a job to do and, by god, we did it to the best of our ability.

I fully realize that there were a few who didn't quite fit that description but I can tell you for certain that the vast majority of service members did and still do. I also realize that folks see that image of the Rambo du jour and think that is what all of us did (for good or ill) but I can also tell you that the cook who rolls out of bed at 2 a.m. every morning to fire up the coffee pot and start cooking for who knows how many guys is every bit the hero as that Rambo guy.

Finally, when you civilians see a bunch of old vets sitting around swilling coffee and smoking (even while they cough their lung out) just shut up and listen. In every one of those "no shit, there I was stories" is an element of truth and a lesson in duty, honor and country. Don't try to fit in by telling them how tough it was working a 4 hour shift at McDonalds or how bad ass you are because you were a hall monitor at your high school. Above all, don't ever believe you can throw your own insult at any one of them; I can assure you that they will ALL jump up, beat your parakeet ass and then go back to smoking and joking without a second thought.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

12. Thanks Jeff, Bilgerat, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Despite the inter-Service ribbing (hopefully given and received good naturedly), I totally respect any that have served regardless of what job they did while serving. From the cook that gets up at oh-dark-thirty and does his best to feed the troops to the baddest, bad ass infantryman that charges the enemy with an M60 in one hand, a shotgun in the other and a bayonet between his teeth, we all had a job to do and, by god, we did it to the best of our ability.

I fully realize that there were a few who didn't quite fit that description but I can tell you for certain that the vast majority of service members did and still do. I also realize that folks see that image of the Rambo du jour and think that is what all of us did (for good or ill) but I can also tell you that the cook who rolls out of bed at 2 a.m. every morning to fire up the coffee pot and start cooking for who knows how many guys is every bit the hero as that Rambo guy.

Finally, when you civilians see a bunch of old vets sitting around swilling coffee and smoking (even while they cough their lung out) just shut up and listen. In every one of those "no shit, there I was stories" is an element of truth and a lesson in duty, honor and country. Don't try to fit in by telling them how tough it was working a 4 hour shift at McDonalds or how bad ass you are because you were a hall monitor at your high school. Above all, don't ever believe you can throw your own insult at any one of them; I can assure you that they will ALL jump up, beat your parakeet ass and then go back to smoking and joking without a second thought.
    Great post

Thank you to all the Old Vets, for that matter young or old my hat goes off to y'all !!!
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

14. Thanks Gunny, Bilgerat, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    CSM Thanks. Ask Gunny, or remind him WHY some Marines have the letters "TGIF" in their boots.

In case he doesn't remember. "TGIF" for Marines, in their boots means..TOES GO IN FIRST.

And if they fall in the water. "TGDF", TOES GO DOWN FIRST.
    Nobody said we could spell. Matter of fact, last I heard we could lift a ton but can't spell it.

16. Thanks CSM, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

We're going to have to disagree on this one. I never met a military cook that couldn't srcew up meatloaf. How the hell can you screw up meatloaf,? THAT is talent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We're going to have to disagree on this one. I never met a military cook that couldn't srcew up meatloaf. How the hell can you screw up meatloaf,? THAT is talent.
    LOL...nevertheless, that cook rolled out of the sack at least tried and that's far more than most of the candy ass kids these days even think about doing. There are also some darn good cooks in the Army. I'm thinking they probably feed you jarheads tree bark and call it meatloaf.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

LOL...nevertheless, that cook rolled out of the sack at least tried and that's far more than most of the candy ass kids these days even think about doing. There are also some darn good cooks in the Army. I'm thinking they probably feed you jarheads tree bark and call it meatloaf.
    I loved the Airmen's Club. They might have been simple but the kept it simple. You don't feed us and that one little doo=hicky that keeps your plane in the air might be missing. Can't argue with the logic.

21. Thanks LongTermGuy, CSM thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Great post

Thank you to all the Old Vets, for that matter young or old my hat goes off to y'all !!!
    Yes, me too. I don't know what to say except "thank you".

23. Thanks Jeff thanked this post