Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Lets see I was raised Catholic and then went to a Methodist (Presbyterian) church and am now in a Baptist church, I have been to Pentecostal churches as well and have never ever seen one person asked to leave a church for any reason even if they have been divorced. Now if you wish to attend a Catholic church that is fine, but if divorced you can not join the church, yea all because of a simple thing called a vow ( ooo by the way the word Vow is defined as, a solemn promise, pledge, or personal commitment: marriage vows; a vow of secrecy.) After reading the definition and Noirs complaint of a Vow forcing people to stay married, well maybe if it bothers ya that much you should make sure of what ya want before ya promise someone forever.

With that said yes I have been through a divorce and no I couldn't join a catholic church unless I get the marriage annulled, but I have been to Mass many times since my divorce in a Catholic church and have never had a issue or been asked to leave or anything even close. I made a Vow under God, and I did so knowing I was very young as was the EX so divorce was possible, but we did everything we could do to keep our Vows, but in the end it was worse for our kids if we stayed together so we divorced knowing what the deal with the Catholic church was but again I was never asked to leave a church, the EX well I would hope they threw her out of the state let alone the church. When I received my drivers license I knew it was against the law to drink and drive as well, dam law kept me from getting drunk and driving. And just to be clear I was Catholic when the EX and I met but we where married in a Methodist church, the preacher was that good.
Contrary to popular myth/assumption, I just want to be left alone. I don't like the Baptist church because they want to glad-handle everyone. I don't want to be noticed. Y'all go about your business and leave me teh Hell alone. But no, they want to recognize you, everyone shakes your hand, and you fill out some card. It's like you're on display. I can't stand that crap.

True story: I went running one day after me the ex and the kids went to church. I come back in time to see the biddy committee show up and have the ex trapped on the porch. She's looking right at me as I just decided to turn that 3 miler into a 5 miler and kept right on going. I was REALLY popular at the dinner table that night.