Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Think with your dick- you are a dick.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You being full of shit has nothing to do with love; its you lying to people and yourself. Your logical fallacies run rampent and you refuse to consider other views. Did jesus allow solomon and other godly people to have more than one wife? If yes, maybe the church views are man-made. If no, than jesus is not God, and jesus is a liar, or you refuses to understand biblical context. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    and your full of love? your not even polite when we talk DMP.
    Why the chip on your shoulder?

Well you quote it yourself DMP "about the two becoming one flesh" .

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
    Matthew19

Jesus doesn't promote anything but "2 becoming one" and "male and female" in marriage.
    that's it. if your looking for anything else you have make it up and shoe horn it in.
    And we see here that that he doesn't say anything about OTHERS from the outside of that union coming in as an addition or breaking them apart. he says as Genesis does, "let no one separate".

As i mentioned dmp you may think you know better. fine. no hard feeling from me.
    We disagree. I can't honestly read Jesus's words or the other teaching of scripture and pretend that it supports what you seem to be promoting here.

Just as i can't read your words here and honestly assume the love and " Attachment within sexual relationships" you're talking includes sex with animals or the dead. I can't honestly read the words of scripture and assume that "2" "male and female" and "let no one" REALLY means "2 or more" and "all genders any combo".
    It's not an honest reading of the words.

again of course you're free to DO and THINK what ever you like but you can't honestly claim it's what Jesus described.
    You may say it's what you think he meant.. or what buddhist mean... but it's NOT what he said.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You being full of shit has nothing to do with love; its you lying to people and yourself. Your logical fallacies run rampent and you refuse to consider other views. Did jesus allow solomon and other godly people to have more than one wife? If yes, maybe the church views are man-made. If no, than jesus is not God, and jesus is a liar, or you refuses to understand biblical context. Your choice.
    sheesh,
    I have no problem with you having a different view here, but seems to me you could be more uh diplomatic (if not loving) in your rejection of my understanding.
    I haven't called you or your views "sh!t" etc.
    I've simply said it's NOT what Jesus SAID, or what the Bible teaches.

And Dmp c'mon you think i "refuse to consider other views", dude I luv to hear, read and think about other views. But it seems like you think that "consider" is the same as EMBRACE or accept as true.
    they aren't.
    And there no dobut that you're rejecting my understanding pretty harshly. Have you "considered" it dmp?

As far as Solomon is concerned,
    Well Yes God ALLOWED a lot of godly men and women to do a lot of things. God is very forgiving. It doesn't mean that he ENDORSES it or thought/taught it as the best thing to do.

And the Bible says that Solomon's wives turned him away from God.
    As the the Mosaic law warned they would, It said the kings should not take multiple wives.

...When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you and have taken possession of it and settled in it, and you say, “Let us set a king over us like all the nations around us,” be sure to appoint over you a king the Lord your God chooses. He must be from among your fellow Israelites. Do not place a foreigner over you, one who is not an Israelite. The king, moreover, must not acquire great numbers of horses for himselfor make the people return to Egypt to get more of them, for the Lord has told you, “You are not to go back that way again.” He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray. He must not accumulate large amounts of silver and gold....
    Deuteronomy 17:14-17

So I really don't see any really biblical support for your view here.
    But again believe whatever you want. But There's no honest way read multiple wives or serial partnerships as being promoted in the Bible as GOOD or God/Jesus endorsed.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-21-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Love must be free or it's not love.
    I'm assuming the occasion where someone accepts the consequences of immorality. It's sounds like you're refusing to make the distinction of a slut versus a woman. If you confuse the two, you set yourself and others for a world of pain. If want to enjoy a slut, it's essential that you avoid any attachment whatsoever. If you're dealing with a woman, you have made some kind of commitment; you should keep that commitment.
    Last edited by tailfins; 03-21-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I'm assuming the occasion where someone accepts the consequences of immorality. It's sounds like you're refusing to make the distinction of a slut versus a woman. If you confuse the two, you set yourself and others for a world of pain. If want to enjoy a slut, it's essential that you avoid any attachment whatsoever. If you're dealing with a woman, you have made some kind of commitment; you should keep that commitment.
    What I am refusing to do is let you completely change the subject.

Is love selfish? Can selfishness exist within love? If you answer yes, you are at odds with Scripture. If you answer 'no' you must allow for the topic of this thread to be viable consideration - assigning attachment to a love/sex relationship is selfishness; moreover, if your wife comes to you and tells you she's fallen in love with another person, a symptom of mature love is to wish her well and remain sound within your self-worth.

(shrug)

You refuse to learn things. I get it. But don't resort to logical fallacy - you're smarter than that.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

sheesh,
    I have no problem with you having a different view here, but seems to me you could be more uh diplomatic (if not loving) in your rejection of my understanding.
    I haven't called you or your views "sh!t" etc.
    I've simply said it's NOT what Jesus SAID, or what the Bible teaches.
    And you're lying or grossly mis-reading on purpose.

And I'm saying Jesus said the OPPOSITE of what you believe.

And Dmp c'mon you think i "refuse to consider other views", dude I luv to hear, read and think about other views. But it seems like you think that "consider" is the same as EMBRACE or accept as true.
    they aren't.
    And there no dobut that you're rejecting my understanding pretty harshly. Have you "considered" it dmp?
    I'm saying you fight tooth and nail - completely avoiding points that counter your point of view.

As far as Solomon is concerned,
    Well Yes God ALLOWED a lot of godly men and women to do a lot of things. God is very forgiving. It doesn't mean that he ENDORSES it or thought/taught it as the best thing to do.
    So God was fine with folks doing certain things at certain times. God changes. God adapts his instructions.

And the Bible says that Solomon's wives turned him away from God.
    Different topic.

So I really don't see any really biblical support for your view here.
    But again believe whatever you want. But There's no honest way read multiple wives or serial partnerships as being promoted in the Bible as GOOD or God/Jesus endorsed.

Abraham. David. Esau. Jacob. (shrug) In fact - in 2 Sam, God says:

“And here’s what God, the God of Israel, has to say to you: I made you king over Israel. I freed you from the fist of Saul. I gave you your master’s daughter and other wives to have and to hold. I gave you both Israel and Judah. And if that hadn’t been enough, I’d have gladly thrown in much more.
    Sounds a lot like Jesus was on-board with all that, no?

I'm saying, God cares about much more important things than Church or societal definitions of marriage. And the worst part - this thread isn't even about marriage.

It's about Love. And Love means - the fullest, most-mature measure of love - means not associating attachment with those we love - even those with whom we share the most intimate nature of love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I love my wife and don't want her to leave but if she walked in and said she found someone else I would tell her goodbye. I'll help you pack, here's your pink slip, here's some cash, keep what's in your bank account and get out. Do not ever come back and do not contact me ever again. I've been through a divorce 23 years ago. We've been married 21 years but I made up my mind long ago how I would respond and she already knows it. There is no coming back once you leave. It's done!
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm saying, God cares about much more important things than Church or societal definitions of marriage. And the worst part - this thread isn't even about marriage.

It's about Love. And Love means - the fullest, most-mature measure of love - means not associating attachment with those we love - even those with whom we share the most intimate nature of love.
    "Attachment within sexual relationships."

"If your lover, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc, walked in one day and said they had just found love, how would you reply? I found this Buddhist article about attachments within a sexual relationship. I think I like it a lot. I think I want to be that - I want to be a person who would feel good for anyone who found the love of their life - even if that hurt me..."

sex, love and attachments "isn't even about marriage" ?
    OK Dmp, if you say so. But yeah, we disagree.
    But I have to say it seems you might be hanging out with gnostic-christian-bishop on this one.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-22-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

"Attachment within sexual relationships."

"If your lover, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc, walked in one day and said they had just found love, how would you reply? I found this Buddhist article about attachments within a sexual relationship. I think I like it a lot. I think I want to be that - I want to be a person who would feel good for anyone who found the love of their life - even if that hurt me..."

sex, love and attachments "isn't even about marriage" ?
    OK Dmp, if you say so. But yeah, we disagree.
    But I have to say it seems you might be hanging out with gnostic-christian-bishop on this one.
    More logical fallacy. Stop pretending to try.

As if to a 5 year old:

"If mommy came home and told Daddy she found love, Daddy's "love" for mom, at its BEST and HIGHEST level should ultimately be happy for mommy."

You and others tried to make this about polygamy. You tried to bring in out-of-context scripture. I let you go there a bit by showing clear evidence Christ supported and sanctioned multiple wives and even concubines - then reminded you at its core, this topic is about Attachment or Ownership within a loving relationship.

And no - Christian's are NOT mandated to have sex ONLY within a legal marriage. Human sexuality and circumstances are MUCH more complicated than a simple 'thou shalt' command. As evidence, look through the bible. Christ was pretty clear hookers and what-not will enter heaven before the religious leaders. He didn't say 'former hookers.' and probably for a reason. To teach/think otherwise falls into the category of "watch out - in the last days you will be taught all kinds of wrong shit, because people will want to limit God and your access to Him."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Some people will do anything to justify their perversions, but this is the first time I've seen someone claim Christ approves.

11. Thanks tailfins thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Some people will do anything to justify their perversions, but this is the first time I've seen someone claim Christ approves.
    Even fewer will stick to the topic at hand

If anyone has trouble with Christ-sanctioned polygamy in the Bible, take it up with the authors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yeah right, keep repeating that shit to yourself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Darin, you know I think you're a great guy...

All I know is that on our wedding day, in front of God, our pastor, and everyone we cared about, my husband and I took solemn, intentional vows, where we swore to "forsake all others" until death.
    I realize that for close to half of us, that doesn't stick. But anyone who knows me can attest: I surely am not going to say it's ok, if my husband doesn't keep his end of that particular promise. Let alone be happy for him.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Black Diamond, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Darin, you know I think you're a great guy...

All I know is that on our wedding day, in front of God, our pastor, and everyone we cared about, my husband and I took solemn, intentional vows, where we swore to "forsake all others" until death.
    I realize that for close to half of us, that doesn't stick. But anyone who knows me can attest: I surely am not going to say it's ok, if my husband doesn't keep his end of that particular promise. Let alone be happy for him.

Solemn senior admin....

17. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Speaking personally, now married 47 years, as of March 21st. That attachment is primarily for Honest people who know how to keep their word, their promises, and for those who know how to speak only the truth, no matter how hard it may be, or embarrassing.

It's not just a joke to say "Honesty is the best policy." It also prevents anyone from needing to remember their Lies, since the truth, and honestly do not require THINKING about the right answers.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne, jimnyc, PixieStix thanked this post