Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    As you have demonstrated it's all about finding your adversary's point of weakness. I knew the last thing I wanted was to be in court against an attorney, so I hit him at his weakest point: His professional reputation.
    Can't fault you on that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The last question will be whether or not I have enough room in my new computer. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new master drive, but I did want the extra speed of a SSD drive, so the master will be a 240g Samsung SSD. I will also pop in my other SSD drive which I believe is 128g. I also now have 2 - 1 terabyte SATA drives, and 1 - 500g drive. So 4 drives in total, for a total of of like 2.5 terabytes.

I never had a small drive like this as a mast drive, and am afraid of what happens if it starts running out of space. When installing any problem, I have to remember to rename the installation from C: to the D: or E: and I should be fine.

Who else is running a small SSD as their master drive? What size? How long have you been using it and how much space do you have left now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You banned her and she lets you stay at her house? I'd be waiting for your a$$ with a 12 gauge.
    Hell Prick banned me

Can you imagine that, as well behaved as I am and I received a 24 hour ban for doing nothing more than offering Maineman help on teaching him how to treat his wife I think the details got me.
    Last edited by Jeff; 03-21-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yessir! I grew up in NJ and have only been there like twice I think, maybe 3 times. It was too damn far south from central NJ and I didn't think it was all that great. No need to go past Belmar, Keansburg or Seaside! Why "Childwood"? Too many kids? That's what I remember, it was too damn crowded.
    I was there once. we rented a house but once the landlord seen us he gave us our deposit back, he blamed it on we had females with us and said he wouldn't tolerate that. I believe it was do to the fact that in Wildwood they rent from Sunday to Saturday, my friends and I being the adventurous type left Friday night and went to Lafayette the first night (had a friend living there for the summer) damned if I didn't get a ticket for drinking in public Friday night on the beach at like 4 in the morning, so we went on to Seaside Saturday night and yup, I got another ticket, so yea I figure it wasn't the girls we had picked up but probably cause we had already been drunk for 2 day and I am sure we looked rough.

So we found a apartment type place that allowed us to rent a small apartment, by this time the girls got boring so we left them at the boardwalk. Well I found out the hard way Wildwood has basically 2 sides of town, a dry side and a club side, guess what side our apartment was in, yup Sunday night I was pulled over the rail of our balcony and arrested for drinking in public, and hell I wound up getting arrested every night that week for drinking in public (still can't figure out how drinking a can of beer at 4 am when no one is around is in public) so you guessed it, no more vacations to Wildwood, to dam expensive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    When I say they aren't angels, I mean that they are often behind on their rent, and then they push the issue the more these people refuse to properly fix things, and then my brother in law ends up fixing most of it himself, or using rent money to hire someone.

The rent is lower than average, but you get what you pay for!! Try the prices in NYC or in Westchester where I'm at. It makes so much more sense to buy outright and at least make a profit at the end. 1 bedrooms in the tri state can go anywhere from 750 in some places, all the way up to like 2k for really really nice places, up to like 3k for rental homes and very large 2 bedroom apartments. But even though you're living in a comfy place, after 15 years you ain't got shit to show for it. I can't wait to get outta dodge in like 7-10 years at the very latest. We'll have paid a lot, but at least when I move we will have some money ready.

But as to landlords, one needs to know the laws for which they live in REAL well. It can get real tricky. My last landlord refused to give our deposit back, and had also never placed our deposit in a separate account. First I won that in small claims - NOTHING they said matters after that and they have no claim in NY. Then they wouldn't pay, and wanted to refile on me in my city. We had a friend, who was an attorney, freeze their bank accounts. They called that evening to settle.
    Move south young man and don't wait 7-10. You can buy a beautiful home down here on a few acres of land for under $200 grand, or go the route Travis (my son) did and buy land and then build on it, he bought 12 acres and will build a 4 bedroom 3 bath house with a basement (most houses down here don't have basements) and he will be into it for less than the 200 grand, his father in law bought a couple of acres from him and is building already. It isn't for me, it's in a subdivision, but each lot is 2 acres or so, But I like to walk out on the front porch and see nothing but tree's and the occasional wild critter running through the woods.

As for rentals down here you can still rent a nice house for 5 or $600 a month, and yes the landlord has to give 24 hour notice (unless like you said there is a emergency) but down here the landlord has the upper hand. If ya don't pay your rent you can legally be thrown out within 3 weeks, and if you haven't moved out they put all your belongings at the curb (the wife is a property manager so I have seen it done many times ) It's against the law to go through the stuff but heck 15 minutes after the eviction crew and sheriff leaves the place is picked clean, a free yard sale.