Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Gitmo V Leavenworth

A discussion largely invisible in the news:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/229773/

MARCH 23, 2016

FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMED: Members of ‘Leavenworth 10′ languish in military prison, while Gitmo detainees freed.

The Obama administration is emptying the military’s Guantanamo Bay detention facility of avowed terrorists captured fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, but several American service members languish in another military prison for actions on those same battlefields that their supporters say merit clemency, if not gratitude.

Among the prison population at Fort Leavenworth, in Kansas, are remaining members of the so-called “Leavenworth 10,” convicted service members doing terms ranging from 10 to 40 years for heat-of-the-battle decisions their supporters say saved American lives.

“The very people who protect our freedoms and liberties are having their own freedoms and liberties taken away,” said retired U.S. Army Col. Allen West, a former congressman and political commentator. “I think it’s appalling and no one is talking about this issue.”

The “Leavenworth 10″ is the name given to a fluctuating number of men housed at Leavenworth for actions in Iraq and Afghanistan that their supporters say were justified. Over the years, a handful have been paroled, and more have been incarcerated.

You know, if I were a young person considering a military career, I’d wait until after November to make a decision.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 03-23-2016 at 06:09 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I wonder how many post- Presidency years it will take, for a crystal clear picture of Obama's pro-Muslim self to emerge to the world?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Elessar, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I wonder how many post- Presidency years it will take, for a crystal clear picture of Obama's pro-Muslim self to emerge to the world?
    That would only matter if this nation survived another 20/40 years-- which as it stands now is very unlikely.
    WHIS IS UNLIKELY because the population has been both, dumbed down and so greatly weakened (immigrants, etc) and divided IMHO..

IF WE SURVIVE, REVERSE COURSE, I'D SAY ABOUT 25/30 YEARS THE TRUTH ABOUT THAT MUSLIM TRAITOR WILL BECOME KNOWN.
    And the dems will still be just as arrogant, stupid and unabashedly not ashamed..... -TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

5. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    A discussion largely invisible in the news:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/229773/
    There are people in Leavenworth for disclosing classified information. Just saying ....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Elessar, Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There are people in Leavenworth for disclosing classified information. Just saying ....
    That is correct, yet some of the sentiment does have merit.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I am constantly amused by those folks calling for the closing of Gitmo, claiming it is a "recruitment" tool for terrorists...

As if by closing it the jihadists standing in line in the terrorist recruitment center are going to suddenly decide not to "sign up" when their smart phones beep with the breaking news alert telling them Gitmo has been closed...

Damn morons...

There has been talk of sticking some of them here in the U.S. Naval Consolidated Brig... Seriously? There are residential areas less than a mile from the USNCB... U.S. Naval Consolidated Brig location

Now, I'm not particularly fearful of an attack, if I were I'd never leave the house, but it seems to me that sticking these pricks anywhere near a community that can be taken hostage and exploited to "make their point" is an unnecessary risk...

Ah what the hell... What are you going to do when you have a President more concerned with his legacy and how he will be viewed by history than he is with doing what's best for the country he was elected to serve?

Grin and bear it...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I am constantly amused by those folks calling for the closing of Gitmo, claiming it is a "recruitment" tool for terrorists...

Ah what the hell... What are you going to do when you have a President more concerned with his legacy and how he will be viewed by history than he is with doing what's best for the country he was elected to serve?

Grin and bear it...
    A legacy of nothing. A sheep in wolves clothing.
    Done not a frikkin thing to keep OUR nation strong!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Stupid really is stupid for those who want this.

The tree-hugger, whiner, wussies who are afraid of offending our enemies are just selfish.

None of them realize, or understand. Once the GITMO terrorists arrive on U.S. Soil. They are eligible to be protected under the FULL weight of the Constitution. And it gives our enemies the rights they used murder to take away the right of LIFE for others.

Of course. The dumbest of Americans who voted for Obama twice...ARE NOT INTELLIGENT enough to understand how TERRORISTS use OUR AMERICAN IGNORANCE to destroy us.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

14. Thanks Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post