Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default More Evidence That Cameron Does Not Want To Destroy ISIS

Britain’s fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) is being derailed because of Prime Minister David Cameron’s refusal to let special forces hunt and kill jihadist leaders, military figures claim.
    UK special forces will not be allowed to track and kill jihadist leaders around the group’s Syrian capital Raqqa, the Sun newspaper reported on Wednesday.
    It is alleged Cameron fears the political fallout from anti-war MPs if casualties are sustained. There is also a legal minefield surrounding extrajudicial killing overseas.

https://www.rt.com/uk/337779-sas-isis-cameron-syria/
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
    -George Orwell

Hegelian Dialectic
    Problem-Reaction-Solution

2. Thanks aboutime, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post
    Britain’s fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) is being derailed because of Prime Minister David Cameron’s refusal to let special forces hunt and kill jihadist leaders, military figures claim.
    UK special forces will not be allowed to track and kill jihadist leaders around the group’s Syrian capital Raqqa, the Sun newspaper reported on Wednesday.
    It is alleged Cameron fears the political fallout from anti-war MPs if casualties are sustained. There is also a legal minefield surrounding extrajudicial killing overseas.

Not surprised with that news at all. Cameron is nothing but an Obama negative

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Brinkley View Post

This IS from 'rt.com', which makes this story one emanating from Russia. Which in turn means it has propagandist intent ...

Perhaps Russia needs to be reminded of the decision they took THEMSELVES, only recently, to withdraw forces from Syria ?? Which makes their criticisms 'a bit rich' ...

All that said, I'd agree that Cameron could've been FAR tougher than he has been. I'm prepared to accept that the story does have merit. But I think Russian criticism, all things considering, has its outrageous side.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Thanks Gunny, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    This IS from 'rt.com', which makes this story one emanating from Russia. Which in turn means it has propagandist intent ...

Perhaps Russia needs to be reminded of the decision they took THEMSELVES, only recently, to withdraw forces from Syria ?? Which makes their criticisms 'a bit rich' ...

All that said, I'd agree that Cameron could've been FAR tougher than he has been. I'm prepared to accept that the story does have merit. But I think Russian criticism, all things considering, has its outrageous side.
    It's the 1930s all over again. We're going to keep appeasing these clowns until it takes another world war to get rid of them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Russia is not doing in Syria what Obama did in Iraq:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKCN0WW0DJ

It is not known what the ships were carrying or how much equipment has been flown out in giant cargo planes accompanying returning war planes.

But the movements – while only a partial snapshot – suggest Russia is working intensively to maintain its military infrastructure in Syria and to supply the Syrian army so that it can scale up again swiftly if need be.Putin has not detailed what would prompt such a move, but any perceived threat to Russia’s bases in Syria or any sign that President Bashar al-Assad, Moscow’s closest Middle East ally, was in peril would be likely to trigger a powerful return.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Russia is not doing in Syria what Obama did in Iraq:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKCN0WW0DJ
    Suggestions. Educated guesses. Inferences. 'Ifs, buts, maybes'.

What we DO know is that Putin has withdrawn forces previously being used against terrorists in Syria (no doubt to aid his buddy, Assad). This is known fact. That he'll ever return any of them amounts to pure supposition at best ... and maybe is mere propaganda, designed to disguise his close matching of Obama's own actions over Iraq ?

We know Putin loves to be seen as a very strong leader. So, why wouldn't he indulge in propaganda designed to serve that aim ?

From your link:

Moscow has not revealed the size of its force in Syria, nor has it given details of its partial withdrawal
    Why such coyness ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-30-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Suggestions. Educated guesses. Inferences. 'Ifs, buts, maybes'.

What we DO know is that Putin has withdrawn forces previously being used against terrorists in Syria (no doubt to aid his buddy, Assad). This is known fact. That he'll ever return any of them amounts to pure supposition at best ... and maybe is mere propaganda, designed to disguise his close matching of Obama's own actions over Iraq ?

We know Putin loves to be seen as a very strong leader. So, why wouldn't he indulge in propaganda designed to serve that aim ?

From your link:

Why such coyness ?
    Lack of funds.

Probably doesn't want to get caught in the quagmire known as the Middle East unless he has to. Russia's last foray into the ME (Afghanistan) didn't turn out so well. You can rest assured whatever Putin's doing, it's self-serving.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Drummond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Lack of funds.

Probably doesn't want to get caught in the quagmire known as the Middle East unless he has to. Russia's last foray into the ME (Afghanistan) didn't turn out so well. You can rest assured whatever Putin's doing, it's self-serving.
    Makes sense.

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. I don't trust Putin an inch when it comes to matters such as Ukraine's future. Russia has already grabbed Crimea and annexed it .. it's now putting economic pressure on the rest of Ukraine. I believe Putin has long-term territorial ambitions the likes of which the old Soviet Union would've easily identified with.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Makes sense.

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. I don't trust Putin an inch when it comes to matters such as Ukraine's future. Russia has already grabbed Crimea and annexed it .. it's now putting economic pressure on the rest of Ukraine. I believe Putin has long-term territorial ambitions the likes of which the old Soviet Union would've easily identified with.
    I don't doubt it a bit. When the Soviet Union broke up we had this poster on the wall that was a map dividing Soviet territory up in the shape of a bear and it read "The Bear Is Still There". Gorbachev broke off his satellite states because he couldn't afford them. Putin is trying to reel some back in for the money.

16. Thanks Drummond, Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I don't doubt it a bit. When the Soviet Union broke up we had this poster on the wall that was a map dividing Soviet territory up in the shape of a bear and it read "The Bear Is Still There". Gorbachev broke off his satellite states because he couldn't afford them. Putin is trying to reel some back in for the money.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head - yes.

But I especially fear for Ukraine's future. Under Stalin, they went through their own version of a 'holocaust' ... with a death toll resulting from a systematic starvation programme that eventually killed seven million of their people. To put it mildly, Ukraine won't want to revisit those memories by staring the prospect of future complete annexation in the face. They've lost Crimea. I think it's only a matter of time before Putin moves to complete the job.

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Going-- lean and mean was what I called it back then--waiting for a better future to arrive.
    Seems it has now arrived and he wants back that territory, for a host of reasons methinks.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post