Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Is Evangelical Christianity The Antichrist?

Interesting thought-exercise. I don't approve of taking scripture away from it's specifically-targeted audience - but I like going down these rabbit holes because it serves as a self-check.

http://chriskratzer.com/evangelical-...ty-antichrist/

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” John 13:34

The truth is, if there is any kind of “law” in our lives, under Grace, it is solely to love people— completely, thoroughly, and unconditionally. This is to be the singular, exclusive focus and foundation of any impulse or action in our Christian lives.

Being “lawless” isn’t adopting a life of moral rebellion or missing the mark of Christian obedience, but rather, becoming a loveless person. For to be lawless, is to be loveless. Period.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

In a word: No
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Interesting thought-exercise. I don't approve of taking scripture away from it's specifically-targeted audience - but I like going down these rabbit holes because it serves as a self-check.

http://chriskratzer.com/evangelical-...ty-antichrist/
    Not sure where you came up with the thread title, but this is something I don't get. Never have. Irks the crap out of me when I can't decipher something. I've always expected the best from people. As I've gotten older, I've actually recognized the fact that most serve themselves. I don't understand that concept. I just recognize it. They don't care who they screw over so long as they get what they want.

These same people will hit church every Sunday like they're something special.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The thread title is the title of the article
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.