Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default An observation Jim made that I just figured out

Jim once concluded that I must come back for some reason. I think I figured that out.

Pretty well all my life anything I got was against the will of hostile people. My half-siblings resented that my mom didn't abort me, but instead sustained kidney damage giving birth at such an old age. They always resented anything good that happened to me. I had to learn to lobby my parents young and quick. For example, one time one of my half-sisters wanted rent money. My mom said that she needed the money to buy me a trampoline. That half-sister just said, "why don't you just give him a smack in the head instead". I replied "wouldn't you rather invest in a kid getting exercise than an in-law buying liquor"? I got the trampoline. Even as a pre-teen, I figured out how to defeat hostile adults. I have lead pretty much a charmed life. I have accomplished many things against the will of hostile people. Furthermore, I say this to the hostile people in real life: If you don't like lawsuits, regulatory complaints and prosecution, don't be hostile to me.

Now back to the original notion: I know I'm here against the will of @Voted4Reagan , @Elessar , @aboutime , @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot , @NightTrain and that puts a smile on my face.

They're like the abusive half-sibling and Jim is like the mentally adult parent. I don't regret the half-siblings because by observing I learned how people screw up their lives, become losers and poor white trash. My mom's first husband beat her for 15 years and she took it "like a good Baptist". The divorce happened when he hit the oldest son. All those half-siblings are a chip off the old white-trash block. Now they are all useless, difficult white-trash living off the taxpayer, whom even most of their own children want nothing to do with them, or so I'm told by a cousin I talk to every now and then.
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-17-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

it's a lot simpler than all that....

You have offended so many people with your antic that most everyone on here hates you.

Just like when you were in school...

Just like at your job...

Just like they do in your life in general

Go out of your way to be an insulting, miserable, misogynist piece of crap and people are going to call you on it.

Stop acting like an asshole and MAYBE people will treat you better
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    it's a lot simpler than all that....

You have offended so many people with your antic that most everyone on here hates you.

Just like when you were in school...

Just like at your job...

Just like they do in your life in general

Go out of your way to be an insulting, miserable, misogynist piece of crap and people are going to call you on it.

Stop acting like an asshole and MAYBE people will treat you better
    At the job, it's simple: Just never have an opinion. Rarely a problem there. If someone asks an opinion, just say "that's controversial" and exactly nothing else. There's an infrastructure for pushing my priorities: The bug reporting system. If I don't like someone, just find a way to get out of working on their stuff. Let your deliverables do the talking. Early in my career, a team lead used the phrase "don't shit where you eat". It's a crude way to say don't socialize, don't fraternize. Some stupid chick broke some stuff once and tried to blame it on me, saying "he can't even communicate". It turned into an HR issue against her and she found out just how well I can communicate with documentation.

BUT IT STILL PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE THAT I'M HERE AGAINST YOUR WILL!!
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-17-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    At the job, it's simple: Just never have an opinion. Rarely a problem there. If someone asks an opinion, just say "that's controversial" and exactly nothing else. There's an infrastructure for pushing my priorities: The bug reporting system. If I don't like someone, just find a way to get out of working on their stuff. Let your deliverables do the talking. Early in my career, a team lead used the phrase "don't shit where you eat". It's a crude way to say don't socialize, don't fraternize. Some stupid chick broke some stuff once and tried to blame it on me, saying "he can't even communicate". It turned into an HR issue against her and she found out just how well I can communicate with documentation.

BUT IT STILL PUTS A SMILE ON MY FACE THAT I'M HERE AGAINST YOUR WILL!!
    Personally...i could care less if you're here... your voice carries no weight, You are looked on as a fool, nobody respects you as a person..

I like that you are here actually.... Lets people see how much of an idiot you really are.

you really are not clever at all if you cant see that....
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Personally...i could care less if you're here... your voice carries no weight, You are looked on as a fool, nobody respects you as a person..

I like that you are here actually.... Lets people see how much of an idiot you really are.

you really are not clever at all if you cant see that....
    The proper term is couldn't care less. Did you fail "Logic and Language"? Or do you even have a degree?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The proper term is couldn't care less. Did you fail "Logic and Language"? Or do you even have a degree?
    aww.... that all you got? A grammatical mistake.... ?

being a member of the grammar police only shows others you are petty and small.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Things like that are actually a pretty good indicator of careless people who don't pay attention to detail and try to shift blame when things go wrong due to their carelessness. It's an effective red flag.
    Last edited by tailfins; 04-17-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm glad I learned that "Couldn't care less" is correct.

9. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Things like that are actually a pretty good indicator of careless people who don't pay attention to detail and try to shift blame when things go wrong due to their carelessness. It's an effective red flag.
    says the person who cant even control his own inappropriate remarks...

Remove the Mote from your own Eye first before removing the one from mine....

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I would argue that, when one is using the written word to represent one's ideas, thoughts, and beliefs, grammar and spelling become just as important as the ideas themselves. Perhaps more so if one is attempting to convey a certain level of intelligence as well as trying to sway others to their point of view.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Jim once concluded that I must come back for some reason. I think I figured that out.

Pretty well all my life anything I got was against the will of hostile people. My half-siblings resented that my mom didn't abort me, but instead sustained kidney damage giving birth at such an old age. They always resented anything good that happened to me. I had to learn to lobby my parents young and quick. For example, one time one of my half-sisters wanted rent money. My mom said that she needed the money to buy me a trampoline. That half-sister just said, "why don't you just give him a smack in the head instead". I replied "wouldn't you rather invest in a kid getting exercise than an in-law buying liquor"? I got the trampoline. Even as a pre-teen, I figured out how to defeat hostile adults. I have lead pretty much a charmed life. I have accomplished many things against the will of hostile people. Furthermore, I say this to the hostile people in real life: If you don't like lawsuits, regulatory complaints and prosecution, don't be hostile to me.

Now back to the original notion: I know I'm here against the will of @Voted4Reagan , @Elessar , @aboutime , @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot , @NightTrain and that puts a smile on my face.

They're like the abusive half-sibling and Jim is like the mentally adult parent. I don't regret the half-siblings because by observing I learned how people screw up their lives, become losers and poor white trash. My mom's first husband beat her for 15 years and she took it "like a good Baptist". The divorce happened when he hit the oldest son. All those half-siblings are a chip off the old white-trash block. Now they are all useless, difficult white-trash living off the taxpayer, whom even most of their own children want nothing to do with them, or so I'm told by a cousin I talk to every now and then.
    A little advice....

I'll tell you about the same thing I have told my step-daughter when she rants about how mistreated she was by her father (my ex husband).

Pull up your big boy pants......suck it up....accept the reality that life is what it is and is not perfect for anybody, despite 'appearances'....and learn to stop whining. Life is much easier and happier that way.

That said, I don't find you any more (or less...lol) annoying than many average liberals I've observed.

13. Thanks darin, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@tailfins
    Apparently Hillary needs the same lesson.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hilla...ry?id=38447843
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 04-17-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    A little advice....

I'll tell you about the same thing I have told my step-daughter when she rants about how mistreated she was by her father (my ex husband).

Pull up your big boy pants......suck it up....accept the reality that life is what it is and is not perfect for anybody, despite 'appearances'....and learn to stop whining. Life is much easier and happier that way.

That said, I don't find you any more (or less...lol) annoying than many average liberals I've observed.
    I'm not complaining, just explaining why getting things from people against their will is a valuable skill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I'm glad I learned that "Couldn't care less" is correct.
    Actually....."could care less" would probably be accurate and correct....if you were to add a qualifier. For instance.....

I 'could care less' ...if I gave a fraction of a damn.

lolol

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm not complaining, just explaining why getting things from people against their will is a valuable skill.
    Well...then.....sharing. Problem is, some folks (like my step-daughter) like to 'share' too damned much. lol