Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
@jimnyc Look at the crap you started here, asshat. Now we got the damned cooking channel on the board. I will never understand you peeps that are in love with food. I can't ever find anything nutritional to eat around here. It's all junk. I have to go get something.

And I am by no means a health nut. I eat stuff that ain't exactly on the healthy list, but just pure sh*t? Nah. And I don't eat sweets. I might have ice cream about once a year, if that.
Actually cooking one's own food and planning for it is how to eliminate 'nothing nutritional around here,' as a problem. Usually I have a choice of 3 or 4 different entrees and 1 or 2 soups in my freezer. I also have the option of making something fresh I just purchased. Saves time, money and is certainly healthier than running around trying to 'find something' while hungry.

When I was cooking for 4-7 near every day, I did near all the cooking on weekends and making portions when the kids had weird schedules. When I ran low or just wanted something 'just cooked' out came the crockpot the night before. Prepped everything, put crock in the fridge, plugged in at 6am when I left for school. I never felt like 'cooking' when I got home, I'd do it if I had to, but never wanted to.