I bought the "As Seen On TV" Power XL 6-quart electric pressure cooker a while back. It was $75 on sale at Thiesen's. It's great for soup, takes like 20 minutes for beef soup, a little longer for chicken. It's excellent for many things, but not so much for rice in my opinion. For pork ribs and pork loins, they get very succulent and juicy after an hour. You can also use it like a crock pot and slow cook things.

But if I could do it over, I'd but the 10-quart model from the website. It's like $150 but you get some accessories, like this basket, which would help when making pork ribs, because they fall apart and you can't hardly get them out of the pot, they get to swimming in all the grease that the pressure cooker boils out of them ribs. And it's much larger, the 6-quart size fills up quick once you start adding meat, taters, onions, carrots, and celery to a soup.

YouTube has many stove top pressure cooker explosion videos, but I think people either boiled them dry or used too much heat, boom. But this Power XL is said to have many safety devices. First, it has pressure and temp sensors, and you can't unscrew the lid while it's pressurized. Then it has a mechanical valve like other pressure cookers. I feel safe using it. But you must be careful in taking the lid off, the steam can severely burn. I usually wait twenty minutes for the steam to go down anyway. The food stays warm for hours in the pot.