Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Gotta be too much work!! Can't possibly be easier than dialing 7 numbers and getting some great local pizza.

But I can never get enough pizza. You should post your recipe or how you make it. I'm sure I can find a way to stuff even more into my face and belly.

Try these guys, Jim. They rock!

Not sure if you're outside of their service area, though.

http://tuscanapizzaak.com/
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I had that same conversation with the wife once. I mentioned the assholes on facebook who post every single meal they eat, even snacks, drinks...

I can't believe I'm finding joy in appliances. What has happened to me?

Friday today though, pizza night!
    You're losing it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    BBQ in the back yard. Pound charcoal and some lighter fluid and I'm good. I don't like gadgets. They take too long to clean. I can clean the grill in a couple of minutes.

But to each his own. The GF has every goofy cooking gadget I think that's ever been invented. I hate washing them damned things. Civilians are S-O-O-O inefficient. Try eating out of your canteen cup. After you shave out of it, then make your coffee in it. In the end, I have just a canteen cup to wash.

Besides, I'm just at Jim. He'd feel all neglected and butt hurt if I didn't give him some crap about something.
    Jim's pot took a minute to clean! LOL! What I like about this pot is that it's stainless, not coated with 'anti-stick' stuff. I really wonder about that stuff and I'm all for 'easy' cleaning.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Gotta be too much work!! Can't possibly be easier than dialing 7 numbers and getting some great local pizza.

But I can never get enough pizza. You should post your recipe or how you make it. I'm sure I can find a way to stuff even more into my face and belly.
    I usually do this over two sessions-not because it's 'hard,' I just like having the crusts done and ready to go. I find that it's more in my style to do the crusts early in the morning and throw them in the freezer. When I want something 'easy' just grab one and build it. They freeze well for about a month. I have used 'same day' crusts, I can't tell the difference between those frozen and those used immediately.

I make the dough in bread machine, usually two batches, which gives me 8 individual pizza balls that I freeze. I take them out about an hour before on the counter or in the morning put in the fridge then on the counter 15 minutes before shaping, when I'm ready to use. (I'm giving regular directions, not 'bread machine.' If using a bread machine put ingredients in order listed, use 'dough' setting. When finished, let rise 1/2 hour. Then cut into portions.) To freeze: I make into balls, then flatten slightly-easier to roll or shape by hand later. I put them in individual quart freezer bags and stack.

Ingredients

3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling (Chef's Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can't find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 envelope instant dry yeast
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
    2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.

Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ml?oc=linkback

A bit more complex, but worth it:

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/3 cups water ( Or 1 Cup Water and 1/3 Cup Flat Beer for better flavor)
      • 2 tablespoons olive oil
      • 1 teaspoon sugar
      • 1 teaspoon honey
      • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
      • 2 tablespoons cornmeal
      • 3 1/2 cups flour
      • 1 teaspoon baking powder
      • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
      • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
      • 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
      • 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

DIRECTIONS

1. Add ingredients to machine in the order listed.
    2. Set to “Dough” mode and let the machine run through its cycle.
    3. Once completed, place in greased pan to rise about 20-30 min, and split in half.
    4. If you aren't going to use the dough right away, fear not. Simply divide the dough and place in ziplock bags, then stack flat to be used as needed. When the special day arrives, slap it on a cornmeal/floured surface, and roll flat, If you're fortunate enough to have a wife who doesn't mind you twirling it in her kitchen (like me -- as long as I clean up my own messes) -- have fun with it before going for the big-bake!
    5. Add light layer of sauce and pre-bake your crust at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Believe me--you'll want to follow this step (thank me later).
    6. Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice.
    7. Bake in oven at 400 degrees until done(approx 20 min, depending upon topping thickness).

I included the baking directions from the above recipe. I do it differently though.

Before baking, get all your choice of toppings prepped and ready to use. Clean up! I have two old cookie sheets*, beat to hell that I only use for pizza-you only need 1 if making 1 or 2 individual pizzas. I flip them over to underside up, spray with Pam. Sprinkle with Cornmeal. Preheat oven to 550, then drop to 475-500.

While preheating, shape the dough, 2 will fit on backside of 1 cookie sheet. Spray or brush with a bit of olive oil-I like garlic infused, be sure to very lightly cover all of the dough, including edges.

Pre-bake for 5-7, take out and put on sauce, build your pizzas! (You can add sauce to the pre-bake, like above, I just like my crust 'crispy' and the sauce more noticeable.)Work quickly, you want the oven to be as hot as possible, but it's 'dropping.' (550 is 'too hot' for most of the toppings and you do want the crust to be fully cooked-BE CAREFUL, the pan is HOT!). Stick those babies in, start checking at 12 minutes to gage how long to go.
    I've had parties of 12 where I made 'pizza party.' For these I bought tons of toppings, from jalapenos, pineapple, ham, prosciutto, etc.

My own basic is mozzarella, parm, pepperoni, spinach, a few halved cherry tomatoes-heirlooms a great, and a bit of bacon.

I buy a basic pizza sauce, but add more oregano, a bit of parm, garlic, onion powder, and a mix of Italian seasonings. In all honesty, the pizza sauces you buy are pretty good 'as is,' I just like to fool with it.

*I have pizza pans, pizza stones, the cookie sheets just work better, imo. You may hear a 'low bang' when they start heating up-no problem, they're just getting sorta warped-which is why I use the beat to hell ones.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 04-23-2016 at 10:00 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Absolutely. The taste and tenderness was as if it was in a pot for 4-5 hours, so you save immense time and don't lose anything. I didn't have to use multiple dishes/pots. The cleaning of the pot took like less than 1 minute. It did take me awhile to get the sucker going, as I don't like to read directions much, but that's just me.

Making a stew tomorrow, and still want to be successful in making sauce and meatballs and see how it tastes (without breaking it)!
    I just ordered mine today, Prime Day! Got it for $60! Woot! Have you been using yours?

10. Thanks jimnyc, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I just ordered mine today, Prime Day! Got it for $60! Woot! Have you been using yours?
    Do you have to be a Prime member to get the deals?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Do you have to be a Prime member to get the deals?
    Yep, but it's 'Prime Day' so I think you can get a trial.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yep, but it's 'Prime Day' so I think you can get a trial.
    Check Amazon, I saw something about 30 day free Prime-not showing up for me, I already have:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBYBNEE...tag=insta0c-20

14. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

​12:09 here- I missed it.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    ​12:09 here- I missed it.
    bummer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn, I had planned on getting some goodies yesterday as a prime member, but forgot till I read your post!!

And yes, my wife LOVES that thing and comes home with new recipes all the time, and I'm a damn guinea pig!!

18. Thanks crin63, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Damn, I had planned on getting some goodies yesterday as a prime member, but forgot till I read your post!!

And yes, my wife LOVES that thing and comes home with new recipes all the time, and I'm a damn guinea pig!!
    @jimnyc Look at the crap you started here, asshat. Now we got the damned cooking channel on the board. I will never understand you peeps that are in love with food. I can't ever find anything nutritional to eat around here. It's all junk. I have to go get something.

And I am by no means a health nut. I eat stuff that ain't exactly on the healthy list, but just pure sh*t? Nah. And I don't eat sweets. I might have ice cream about once a year, if that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

@jimnyc Look at the crap you started here, asshat. Now we got the damned cooking channel on the board. I will never understand you peeps that are in love with food. I can't ever find anything nutritional to eat around here. It's all junk. I have to go get something.

And I am by no means a health nut. I eat stuff that ain't exactly on the healthy list, but just pure sh*t? Nah. And I don't eat sweets. I might have ice cream about once a year, if that.
    Actually cooking one's own food and planning for it is how to eliminate 'nothing nutritional around here,' as a problem. Usually I have a choice of 3 or 4 different entrees and 1 or 2 soups in my freezer. I also have the option of making something fresh I just purchased. Saves time, money and is certainly healthier than running around trying to 'find something' while hungry.

When I was cooking for 4-7 near every day, I did near all the cooking on weekends and making portions when the kids had weird schedules. When I ran low or just wanted something 'just cooked' out came the crockpot the night before. Prepped everything, put crock in the fridge, plugged in at 6am when I left for school. I never felt like 'cooking' when I got home, I'd do it if I had to, but never wanted to.

21. Thanks PixieStix, darin, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Actually cooking one's own food and planning for it is how to eliminate 'nothing nutritional around here,' as a problem. Usually I have a choice of 3 or 4 different entrees and 1 or 2 soups in my freezer. I also have the option of making something fresh I just purchased. Saves time, money and is certainly healthier than running around trying to 'find something' while hungry.

When I was cooking for 4-7 near every day, I did near all the cooking on weekends and making portions when the kids had weird schedules. When I ran low or just wanted something 'just cooked' out came the crockpot the night before. Prepped everything, put crock in the fridge, plugged in at 6am when I left for school. I never felt like 'cooking' when I got home, I'd do it if I had to, but never wanted to.
    The choice is not mine, ma'am. I'm not the one that gets catered to. When I had it my way, I'd have a steak and baked potato on the grill in a second. That means at most I have A plate to wash. And going all jarhead, they trip out I'll cook Ramen noodles and eat them out of the pan. I don't need a separate special bowl. And you should have seen the looks on their faces when I ate ravioli out of the can. Priceless.

I don't see the need for 10,000 dishes to make some crap I ain't gonna eat anyway, then wonder why I just gave up on washing dishes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The choice is not mine, ma'am. I'm not the one that gets catered to. When I had it my way, I'd have a steak and baked potato on the grill in a second. That means at most I have A plate to wash. And going all jarhead, they trip out I'll cook Ramen noodles and eat them out of the pan. I don't need a separate special bowl. And you should have seen the looks on their faces when I ate ravioli out of the can. Priceless.

I don't see the need for 10,000 dishes to make some crap I ain't gonna eat anyway, then wonder why I just gave up on washing dishes.
    Hey, it's your house, no? LOL! Softie!