Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hey, it's your house, no? LOL! Softie!
    Not soft. Silent.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    @jimnyc Look at the crap you started here, asshat. Now we got the damned cooking channel on the board. I will never understand you peeps that are in love with food. I can't ever find anything nutritional to eat around here. It's all junk. I have to go get something.

And I am by no means a health nut. I eat stuff that ain't exactly on the healthy list, but just pure sh*t? Nah. And I don't eat sweets. I might have ice cream about once a year, if that.
    I love food, I'm a slob and a piglet.

I have a nice mixture. My wife makes nothing but healthy foods, and when she's not looking I eat pretty much everything short of crushed glass.

4. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Toys just delivered! Instant Pot and Epica Hand Blender 4-1! Woot! Got to read directions for a bit!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Toys just delivered! Instant Pot and Epica Hand Blender 4-1! Woot! Got to read directions for a bit!
    I also ordered the clear lid for Instant Pot, to use with slow cooker and saute feature! Did you get that, Jim?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Plug it in and fire it up!! The directions are easy and you'll be ready within 30 minutes to cook something!

I also ordered the clear lid for Instant Pot, to use with slow cooker and saute feature! Did you get that, Jim?
    No, I didn't, didn't even know it was an option. I like to see my food when cooking!! I always wanted a glass - see through toaster as well, so I can watch it toast!

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Plug it in and fire it up!! The directions are easy and you'll be ready within 30 minutes to cook something!

No, I didn't, didn't even know it was an option. I like to see my food when cooking!! I always wanted a glass - see through toaster as well, so I can watch it toast!
    Won't work for pressure obviously, but I too like to see when possible. Sometimes it's a good thing with slow cookers. I got it on sale, but still $20 something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Won't work for pressure obviously, but I too like to see when possible. Sometimes it's a good thing with slow cookers. I got it on sale, but still $20 something.
    It will take like 15-20 to build up the pressure. Then, depending on what you make, you can turn the release and let the steam out real quickly, or very slowly. But you probably know all of this already? It was all new to me! LOL

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Btw, got me a new and cheapie juicer as well! My wife has one that takes a genius to put together, and then you have to wash like 1,000 parts. This one is like 3 parts in total and a retard like myself can use it!! I only tested with some lime so far. It only has 2 different types of thingamajigs on top, different sizes for different fruits. I'm gonna go out now that I think about it, go get some oranges for my 2nd test. Fresh OJ rocks!

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I love food, I'm a slob and a piglet.

I have a nice mixture. My wife makes nothing but healthy foods, and when she's not looking I eat pretty much everything short of crushed glass.
    Y'all work too hard at it. I'm more the Gibbs type. I had a basket (actually for shrimp) with a long handle and I toss in a steak and cook it over the fire. Best steaks I ever had. And I'd eat it with my knife right out of the basket. One basket and a knife to wash.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It will take like 15-20 to build up the pressure. Then, depending on what you make, you can turn the release and let the steam out real quickly, or very slowly. But you probably know all of this already? It was all new to me! LOL
    I have never used a PC, until I read about electric with multiple backup failsafes hadn't considered. Blowing up the kitchen isn't one of my goals. LOL! I'm excited.

18. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Y'all work too hard at it. I'm more the Gibbs type. I had a basket (actually for shrimp) with a long handle and I toss in a steak and cook it over the fire. Best steaks I ever had. And I'd eat it with my knife right out of the basket. One basket and a knife to wash.
    LOL! I will use the Weber thanks! Why do you read this forum? It really is for food talk and recipes, neither of which interest you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Tomorrow! Get to use both instant Pot and new stick blender:

http://dadcooksdinner.com/2015/02/pr...ans-rice.html/

Pressure Cooker Red Beans and Rice

Posted by Mike V

Ingredients
    • Beans and soaking
    • 1 pound red kidney beans, sorted and rinsed
    • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
    • 2 quarts water
    • Aromatics
    • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    • 1 pound smoked sausage (preferably andouille), quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch wedges
    • 1 large onion, minced
    • 1 stalk celery, minced
    • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
    • 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
    • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or dried thyme)
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or fine sea salt)
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or fine sea salt)
    • 5 cups water
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • For serving
    • Cooked long grain white rice
    • Minced parsley
    • Minced green onions
    • Hot sauce (Tabasco)

Directions

• Soak the beans: Soak the beans overnight: Sort the kidney beans, removing broken beans, stones, and dirt clods. Rinse the beans, put them in a large container with the tablespoon of salt, and cover with 2 quarts water. Let the beans soak overnight (at least 8 hours).
    • Sauté the aromatics and sausage: Heat the oil in the pressure cooker pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the smoked sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, thyme, and sprinkle with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute, stirring often, until the onions ans sausage are brown around the edges, about 8 minutes.
    • Pressure cook the beans: Drain and rinse the beans. Pour the beans into the pressure cooker, add the bay leaves and 1 teaspoon of salt, and then stir in the water. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes in an electric PC or 12 minutes in a stovetop PC. Let the pressure release naturally, about 20 minutes. Remove the lid carefully, opening away from you – even when it’s not under pressure, the steam in the cooker is very hot.
    • Thicken and serve: Discard the bay leaves. Ladle out 2 cups of the beans and bean liquid, puree, and pour back into the pot. (I do this in a quart measuring cup with my stick blender.) If you have time, simmer uncovered for another fifteen minutes. Taste for seasoning and serve.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 07-15-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!

I hate beans, all beans, especially those big ugly red ones. Baked beans ain't half bad, but just a little with a burger or hot dog. But those kinda beans? Yeck

One of Jeff's buddies in Georgia, he liked butter beans. His wife would cock them in a crock pot for like 24hrs. That and biscuits, that's it. And they called that dinner. Maybe a southern thing, but I wouldn't eat a single bean. LOL

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!

I hate beans, all beans, especially those big ugly red ones. Baked beans ain't half bad, but just a little with a burger or hot dog. But those kinda beans? Yeck

One of Jeff's buddies in Georgia, he liked butter beans. His wife would cock them in a crock pot for like 24hrs. That and biscuits, that's it. And they called that dinner. Maybe a southern thing, but I wouldn't eat a single bean. LOL
    Nice and spicy! MMMmmmm! LOL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nice and spicy! MMMmmmm! LOL!
    Same with Mexican food, won't touch it if it has beans in it. My wife always tries to make things and sneak in them little bastards like I won't notice.

Believe it or not, same with chili!! She even makes me chili without beans! LOL Why? Because she watched me a few times spend a few minutes picking through the bowl and taking out every last bean!

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post