Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! I will use the Weber thanks! Why do you read this forum? It really is for food talk and recipes, neither of which interest you.
    I am actually a very good cook. I did it for a living once upon a time, and when I found myself with a 9 years old who do you think cooked dinner?

But the answer to your question is y'all won't shut up about it and it keeps popping in my recent posts list. I didn't even know I was in the food forum until this post.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Same with Mexican food, won't touch it if it has beans in it. My wife always tries to make things and sneak in them little bastards like I won't notice.

Believe it or not, same with chili!! She even makes me chili without beans! LOL Why? Because she watched me a few times spend a few minutes picking through the bowl and taking out every last bean!
    Nutrient dense! Very good for you.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!

I hate beans, all beans, especially those big ugly red ones. Baked beans ain't half bad, but just a little with a burger or hot dog. But those kinda beans? Yeck

One of Jeff's buddies in Georgia, he liked butter beans. His wife would cock them in a crock pot for like 24hrs. That and biscuits, that's it. And they called that dinner. Maybe a southern thing, but I wouldn't eat a single bean. LOL
    You're a commie. And a damned yankee. WTF is wrong with you? I LOVE pinto beans. Works with navy beans too,

You have ham (bone in) for dinner one night and soak the beans in water overnight. Next day, toss what's left of the ham and bone in the beans and cook them for about 6 hours. Fry you up some cornbread and it's on.
    Last edited by Gunny; 07-15-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You're a commie. And a damned yankee. WTF is wrong with you? I LOVE pinto beans. Works with navy beans too,

You have ham (bone in) for dinner one night and soak the beans in water overnight. Next day, toss what's left of the ham and bone in the beans and cook them for about 6 hours. Fry you up some cornbread and it's on.
    No way! Beans infect everything they come into contact with. I really don't even like the chili much after picking all the beans out, I know those little bastards were in there and it's hard to forget.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No way! Beans infect everything they come into contact with. I really don't even like the chili much after picking all the beans out, I know those little bastards were in there and it's hard to forget.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wife made some weird chicken a few years back, I think it was cooked with something like orange marmalade on it? Of course I wrinkled my nose and complained the second I saw it and smelled it. She was like "geez, just wipe it off then". Ever try doing something like that? It may look like it's gone, but that damn chicken still tasted like that orange crap!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Wife made some weird chicken a few years back, I think it was cooked with something like orange marmalade on it? Of course I wrinkled my nose and complained the second I saw it and smelled it. She was like "geez, just wipe it off then". Ever try doing something like that? It may look like it's gone, but that damn chicken still tasted like that orange crap!!
    You need to get out more!

11. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I did! John was here not too long ago and we went out for some pizza. I was feeling adventurous and ordered a slice with bacon and ranch!! AWFUL!! The bacon, just maybe would have worked alone, but even that wasn't all that great on pizza. I just assumed bacon was great on everything. But ranch? On hot pizza? That was nasty and I ate one bite and gave it to John!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, and I have an 8am Dr. appt today, so there's that too!

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Cracking me up! My poor daughter is married to someone similar. She's like me, tries just about everything. She like sushi, no way! Her daughter is even worse and she's not even 2.

My SIL? Spaghetti, steak, potatoes with only butter. Oh he'll eat cheese pizza, maybe pepperoni. He's been improving though, will now eat some veggies.

16. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Cracking me up! My poor daughter is married to someone similar. She's like me, tries just about everything. She like sushi, no way! Her daughter is even worse and she's not even 2.

My SIL? Spaghetti, steak, potatoes with only butter. Oh he'll eat cheese pizza, maybe pepperoni. He's been improving though, will now eat some veggies.
    I'm a picky eater for a filthy slob!!

I'll try most things at least once, but that's it. Unless I can smell hot spices coming from it, then I don't even try!

I won't eat "most" hot/spicy type foods. Unless I have a buzz on, then I'll eat some hot wings!! (even then I need some bleu cheese to dip). I detest olives and won't eat those little bastards either, they're worse than beans!! Uckkk. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza, but don't want no damn pepperoni on it!! Not that bad, but still a little spicy. My wife laughs at me as I like certain toothpaste, like sensodyne for sensitive teeth, as some of the others are "spicy". WTF? I'm brushing my teeth not eating hot wings!!

18. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm a picky eater for a filthy slob!!

I'll try most things at least once, but that's it. Unless I can smell hot spices coming from it, then I don't even try!

I won't eat "most" hot/spicy type foods. Unless I have a buzz on, then I'll eat some hot wings!! (even then I need some bleu cheese to dip). I detest olives and won't eat those little bastards either, they're worse than beans!! Uckkk. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza, but don't want no damn pepperoni on it!! Not that bad, but still a little spicy. My wife laughs at me as I like certain toothpaste, like sensodyne for sensitive teeth, as some of the others are "spicy". WTF? I'm brushing my teeth not eating hot wings!!

Hatin' on olives? That's un-American! You would have hated the 3-olive Extra Dirty Martini I enjoyed last night at happy hour.

I also love butter beans.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Hatin' on olives? That's un-American! You would have hated the 3-olive Extra Dirty Martini I enjoyed last night at happy hour.

Can's imagine hatin olives! He seems to hate all beans, even refried! Me? Love Red Beans and Rice-yummy spicy and just good for the soul food!

22. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

Can's imagine hatin olives! He seems to hate all beans, even refried! Me? Love Red Beans and Rice-yummy spicy and just good for the soul food!
    Butter beans and olives, yummy!!

And I forgot about those nasty refried beans. My wife loves them, but it looks like a big pile of mush if you ask me, and smells worse!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Butter beans and olives, yummy!!

And I forgot about those nasty refried beans. My wife loves them, but it looks like a big pile of mush if you ask me, and smells worse!!

Different strokes and all that, but you are missing out on some great eatin'!