Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Kathianne;825797]Jim, no 'weird' veggies, though I think I'd add broccoli!

Next up:

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...esame-chicken/

Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken

Ingredients
    Yield: 6 servings

• 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 lbs.)
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    • 1/2 cup diced onion
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1/2 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup ketchup
    • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
    • 1 cup honey
    • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
    • 3 tablespoons water
    • 2 green onions, chopped
    • Sesame seeds, toasted

Directions

1. Salt and pepper chicken. Preheat pressure cooking pot using the saute setting. Add oil, onion, garlic, and chicken to the pot and saute stirring occasionally until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
    2. Add soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and do a quick pressure release.
    3. Add sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to combine. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pot. Select Saute and simmer until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
    4. Serve over rice sprinkled with sesame seeds.
    I hate chicken and that crap is too much work. You can throw it on the fire with salt and pepper.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Y'all spend too much time on food. And I am not judging. All my GF does is post recipes. I just don't get it and probably never will. There's a down side to being logical. I've eaten as an athlete/Marine for so long I've got my recipes in my head.

If I want something complicated, which I never really do, we got restaurants up the wazoo here. I just wish someone would teach these people here how to deliver.
    Gunny, different from you does not automatically = illogical. What works for someone else is logical for them.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gunny;825800]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Jim, no 'weird' veggies, though I think I'd add broccoli!

Next up:

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...esame-chicken/

I hate chicken and that crap is too much work. You can throw it on the fire with salt and pepper.
    Let me know when you are coming, I won't make this that day. Better yet, you can cook and I'll be polite.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Gunny, different from you does not automatically = illogical. What works for someone else is logical for them.
    I'm just having fun with the thread. BUT, different than me is usually illogical. Loving to eat is emotion driven. Fueling your body is logical. Taking it the wrong way because I am different than you is also illogical. I'm just teasing. Y'all are taking this WAY too seriously.

I used to get up and lift weights at 4:30 AM. Play basketball at lunch which is 11:30-1. Go to PT and run whatever unGodly distance they wanted to. And go to martial arts after work. Did it for over 30 years. And I had to look like a stud in uniform.

Add in taking care of the rugrats. I needed Fuel. Not some concoction. Protein and complex carbs. And I didn't want to spend forever washing 10,000 dishes. THAT is logical. I think I managed 1 or 2 hours of personal time. Got to spend that taking the girls to the pool and/or doing homework with them.

But don't take it personally. I've ALWAYS made fun of people that love food. But to each his own.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Kathianne;825809]

Let me know when you are coming, I won't make this that day. Better yet, you can cook and I'll be polite.
    Off the list: turnips. One bite one time. I actually stood up to my dad and I was 11 I think and I'm like you can beat me to death or whatever but I ain't taking another bite of that thing. Same with eggplant. And I HATE avocado/guacamole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gunny;825832]

Off the list: turnips. One bite one time. I actually stood up to my dad and I was 11 I think and I'm like you can beat me to death or whatever but I ain't taking another bite of that thing. Same with eggplant. And I HATE avocado/guacamole.
    You cook, I'll say, 'Thank you.' Even if there's something I don't care for, I won't make you feel bad. My mom raised me to be nice to those that do for me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Kathianne;825833]

You cook, I'll say, 'Thank you.' Even if there's something I don't care for, I won't make you feel bad. My mom raised me to be nice to those that do for me.
    I get that. It's just how about asking first? I went to this Christmas party in Carlsbad, CA at my wife's rich bosses house and they had lamb and crunchy vegetables. I think I got a broken rib as many times as my wife elbowed me. The whole thing was ridiculous. Here's me, the jarhed in the midst of a bunch of rich snobs.

They thought I was from outer space because I drank my beer out of the bottle instead of using a glass. Same in San Antonio. She always worked for these rich a-holes. I stood in the bar watching the Spurs game and drinking my Coronas from the bottle.

I'll go along to a point. But I'm a South Texas redneck and jarhead. You can dress me up and make me look all purty, but the guy inside that tux is still me.

Then I'd get my ass chewed. I'm like why do you insist I go to these things? I have NOTHING in common with these weak-ass human pukes. They're all talking corporate business and I'm an electrician.

10. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Gunny;825835]

I get that. It's just how about asking first? I went to this Christmas party in Carlsbad, CA at my wife's rich bosses house and they had lamb and crunchy vegetables. I think I got a broken rib as many times as my wife elbowed me. The whole thing was ridiculous. Here's me, the jarhed in the midst of a bunch of rich snobs.

They thought I was from outer space because I drank my beer out of the bottle instead of using a glass. Same in San Antonio. She always worked for these rich a-holes. I stood in the bar watching the Spurs game and drinking my Coronas from the bottle.

I'll go along to a point. But I'm a South Texas redneck and jarhead. You can dress me up and make me look all purty, but the guy inside that tux is still me.

Then I'd get my ass chewed. I'm like why do you insist I go to these things? I have NOTHING in common with these weak-ass human pukes. They're all talking corporate business and I'm an electrician.
    Easy, turn down all invitations and cook your own. No problem.

It's like, why join in on a conversation you have no interest in and think is stupid in your super logical way? Just let us illogical folks have at it on our own?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I wish I knew how to cook like my Mom, or my wife. For now it's cool because the wife does all the "good" cooking. But I'd hate to have to be 100% responsible for myself. I used to laugh at some of the stuff my Mom used to make, but she had a recipe collection to beat all! But her very best was 'German potato salad'. My sister learned the recipe and can still make it, but not nearly as good as Mom made it.

My wife can make 5 complete meals on a Sunday and then save 4 of them for during the week. And for me to make one really good meal, it's an entire ordeal. Well, unless I'm making hot dogs or burgers.

Freshdirect - you can get premade pizza bread. It's rectangular and enough to feed 2, but you get 2 of them per package. Fresh cut mozzarella, fresh sliced tomato and that's it. Very good!

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Kathianne;825836]

Easy, turn down all invitations and cook your own. No problem.

It's like, why join in on a conversation you have no interest in and think is stupid in your super logical way? Just let us illogical folks have at it on our own?
    One, it's one of the few threads not about Trump and/or the RNC. Don't misconstrue my words. Y'all are too serious. I SAID ALREADY I WAS JUST TEASING. I in no way think I am superior to any, nor do I consider any of you stupid. I said absolutely nothing of the sort. Why is it okay to tease me but I can't tease back? Why does me poking at Jim have to turn all serious?

I don't care what you eat. It's not my business. But my opinion is as good as anyone else's on this board as far as I know. If it makes you feel any better, the GF thinks I don't like her cooking and takes it all personal because she is Ms Recipe. I don't have a problem with her cooking at all. It's WHAT she cooks. How y'all can take dumb shit personally beats the crap out of me.

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

How y'all can take dumb shit personally beats the crap out of me.
    It happens. But not every argument needs a resolution or winner. All friends in here and all having fun. Let's try and move forward and leave any negativity behind.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It happens. But not every argument needs a resolution or winner. All friends in here and all having fun. Let's try and move forward and leave any negativity behind.
    I started a different thread so y'all could discuss y'all's chow without me. Apparently, I'm not allowed an opinion on food.

But I DO have to feed these damned cats.
    Last edited by Gunny; 07-20-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I started a different thread so y'all could discuss y'all's chow without me. Apparently, I'm not allowed an opinion on food.

But I DO have to feed these damned cats.
    eat the cats then you don't have to feed them....just sayin
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    But if you get 220, what ya gonna do when you get back home?
    More than 4 years from now? (shrug)

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    More than 4 years from now? (shrug)

LOL! Your son will probably be in college in Europe, you can give it to him while missing he's on the other side now!

23. Thanks darin thanked this post