View Poll Results: Does Post-Whoring bother you?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post-Whoring is GREAT! I LOVE it when one guy Post-Whores the entire Board!

1 6.67%
  • Seriously - get a life. Post-Whore is dumb. Stupid to see EVERYTHING I can find on drudge

14 93.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Post Whores

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Seems he's read this thread, and slinked off to cause havoc on the other board, instead of simply giving people the common courtesy of a response, or just stopping.. 133 posts in approx. 24 hours, including threats. Nice. Pfft.

Other board? USMB? Where are these threats you speak of?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Seems he's read this thread, and slinked off to cause havoc on the other board, instead of simply giving people the common courtesy of a response, or just stopping.. 133 posts in approx. 24 hours, including threats. Nice. Pfft.

What other board?
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 82Marine89 View Post
    What other board?
    Where the majority of us came from. The site I used to own...

www.us mess age board. com

Without the spaces of course
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    I would post whore but don't have time. Besides posting a bunch of news stories is work. First you have to find them, then cut and paste the title, then cut and paste the lick, then cut and past the actual stories, then edit out the advertisment crap, then think up some commentary to go with. Way too much work just for the hell of it.
    And all that "work" is nothing more than making a few clicks on a mouse with your finger. Damn... you really that lazy?
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-21-2007 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Pale you hit the nail on the head brother, can't rep ya but will when I can.
    In your case, knowing how rare of an occassion it is that you hand out rep, it's the thought that counts, you cow chip throwin' rodeo mutha FUCK!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well long time no see. Must've taken a while this time to get over your HIV induced pneumonia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Too many posts by a user? More threads, more posts, it all looks good for the board in general. What a bunch of nitpicking fuckers over here..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post
    Too many posts by a user? More threads, more posts, it all looks good for the board in general. What a bunch of nitpicking fuckers over here..
    I'll say. They even asked him to stop and he didn't. Someone should call his mom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The poll is exactly the kind of poll that we republicans bitch about the dems making. It is fixed. There is no in between. YET, you are targeting ONE person. I have been there DMP and have checked his site after you claimed the posts were virtually identically and they are not. Many of drudges links are all over the net. Personally, I like getting my news here, sorry it bothers you.

I also cannot find a poster "whore" on this board who posts "EVERYTHING I can find on drudge." So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

And no one poster controls the "entire" board. Or do they? Is control simply the number of posts? Or is it the ability to say I will run off those I don't like? And then those postes never return and the number of posters decline.

I hate spam. Let there be no question. But I dislike confines that restrict this board to one idea. I thought this board was about being open, not about closing off those whom we don't like. If I misunderstood Jim's opening mission statement, no worries. But why run people off? Why not debate? A

My honest question:

What harm have those posts done? I have replied to posts long gone, that I missed, for I don't check every post, every thread, every day. What exactly is the harm?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    The poll is exactly the kind of poll that we republicans bitch about the dems making. It is fixed. There is no in between. YET, you are targeting ONE person. I have been there DMP and have checked his site after you claimed the posts were virtually identically and they are not. Many of drudges links are all over the net. Personally, I like getting my news here, sorry it bothers you.

I also cannot find a poster "whore" on this board who posts "EVERYTHING I can find on drudge." So what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

And no one poster controls the "entire" board. Or do they? Is control simply the number of posts? Or is it the ability to say I will run off those I don't like? And then those postes never return and the number of posters decline.

I hate spam. Let there be no question. But I dislike confines that restrict this board to one idea. I thought this board was about being open, not about closing off those whom we don't like. If I misunderstood Jim's opening mission statement, no worries. But why run people off? Why not debate? A

My honest question:

What harm have those posts done? I have replied to posts long gone, that I missed, for I don't check every post, every thread, every day. What exactly is the harm?
    The harm as I see it Yurt is not in the number of posts but in the QUALITY of the posts, when one logs on and sees that this poster has 90% of the last posts in all forums(and that is usually where I go to guide myself when first logging on) and 85% of those posts are all one liner rah rah bullshit and smilies then it becomes a chore wading through those to find something substantive. It looks almost like he posts anything in order to be top poster, its as if he bases his self esteem off of that.

Just want him to pick the quality up is all but someone else will have to tell him that, it seems he took the pussy's way out and put me on ignore and i've been holding off on taking him through pm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The harm as I see it Yurt is not in the number of posts but in the QUALITY of the posts, when one logs on and sees that this poster has 90% of the last posts in all forums(and that is usually where I go to guide myself when first logging on) and 85% of those posts are all one liner rah rah bullshit and smilies then it becomes a chore wading through those to find something substantive. It looks almost like he posts anything in order to be top poster, its as if he bases his self esteem off of that.

Just want him to pick the quality up is all but someone else will have to tell him that, it seems he took the pussy's way out and put me on ignore and i've been holding off on taking him through pm.
    fair enough

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like the board has a NEW post whore. Anyone care to venture a guess?