Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Teach your kids to shoot, heres why.

He started crying like a little baby’: 11-year-old brags about shooting suspected home invader

He started crying like a little baby’: 11-year-old brags about shooting suspected home invader 2 / 31
    The Washington Post
    The Washington Post
    Peter Holley
    6 hrs ago

Chris Gaither, an 11-year-old boy from Talladega, Ala., told a local news station that he shot a suspected home invader who threatened his life.© Courtesy of NBC affiliate WVTM-TV Chris Gaither, an 11-year-old boy from Talladega, Ala., told a local news station that he shot a suspected home invader who threatened his life.

Chris Gaither was home alone “petting the dogs” on Wednesday morning when he heard a noise upstairs.

The 11-year-old boy from Talladega, Ala., told NBC affiliate WVTM-TV that he was scared, so he grabbed a knife and steadied himself.

Chris said that a man appeared on the stairwell, but when confronted, he ran back up upstairs. When the man reappeared moments later, the boy told WVTM-TV, the individual was holding a gun.

“When he was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” Chris said.
    Suggested from Windows Store
    StumbleUpon

Instead of running, Chris told the station, he upgraded his weaponry, picking up a 9mm handgun that was in the home.

Chris said he threatened to kill the man and ordered him to get out of the house.

Rest at link

Imagine if the kid had not been taught and there was no gun to use in his home..-Tyr

That is exactly what the lousy dem/lib/leftists and obama want..
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Jeff, NightTrain, LongTermGuy, logroller thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Kid and parent should be prosecuted. He shot at a fleeing man. There was NO danger at that point.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Kid and parent should be prosecuted. He shot at a fleeing man. There was NO danger at that point.
    I was going to mention that...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I disagree with that because an adult has the maturity and sense to make the judgment that they are no longer being threatened and their life in peril.
    Yet an 11 year old child can not be expected to think with such prudence.
    The responsibility was on the burglar once facing the kids pistol, he should have sat down with hands in is head , thus presented himself as captured= not a threat.
    His running away , to kid could have meant he'd return with a friend or weapons or just to take more stuff.

At that age myself , I would have had him covered with a shotgun, with number 6 shot, and shot him at about 35 yards, knowing that it would not kill him but instead it would bury pellets very deep in his backside.
    Then again, at age 11 I had the maturity in many things of an adult.

That kid in fear, did what he thought best- if my son, I'd told him what to do next time but not reprimanded him as he made his decision
    in a state of fear..
    The onus was on the ffing adult criminal not the cared kid.
    Pull the tiger's tail= expect to get bitten....-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I disagree with that because an adult has the maturity and sense to make the judgment that they are no longer being threatened and their life in peril.
    Yet an 11 year old child can not be expected to think with such prudence.
    The responsibility was on the burglar once facing the kids pistol, he should have sat down with hands in is head , thus presented himself as captured= not a threat.
    His running away , to kid could have meant he'd return with a friend or weapons or just to take more stuff.

At that age myself , I would have had him covered with a shotgun, with number 6 shot, and shot him at about 35 yards, knowing that it would not kill him but instead it would bury pellets very deep in his backside.
    Then again, at age 11 I had the maturity in many things of an adult.

That kid in fear, did what he thought best- if my son, I'd told him what to do next time but not reprimanded him as he made his decision
    in a state of fear..
    The onus was on the ffing adult criminal not the cared kid.
    Pull the tiger's tail= expect to get bitten....-Tyr
    Without the maturity to decide what a threat is, the gun should be locked away. I'd still support charges against his parents.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Without the maturity to decide what a threat is, the gun should be locked away. I'd still support charges against his parents.
    No way.

A kid has the right to defend himself against a criminal brandishing a gun after invading that home. I don't care if the scumbag was running away or not, he lost all rights to life, liberty and being gunshot-free when he broke into that house.

The kid needs to be awarded a medal for thinning out the herd.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    No way.

A kid has the right to defend himself against a criminal brandishing a gun after invading that home. I don't care if the scumbag was running away or not, he lost all rights to life, liberty and being gunshot-free when he broke into that house.

The kid needs to be awarded a medal for thinning out the herd.
    Except if a grown man shot the person, the grown man would be in jail. There was no longer a threat. None. The perp had left and was trying to distance himself from the situation.

Think of it like this - If you were in a road-rage with somebody, but the other guy took an off-ramp to avoid the tension and stuff - you stop on an over pass, whip out a .308 and head-shot him as he's fleeing the other direction.

You'd go to jail and rightly so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Except if a grown man shot the person, the grown man would be in jail. There was no longer a threat. None. The perp had left and was trying to distance himself from the situation.

Think of it like this - If you were in a road-rage with somebody, but the other guy took an off-ramp to avoid the tension and stuff - you stop on an over pass, whip out a .308 and head-shot him as he's fleeing the other direction.

You'd go to jail and rightly so.

Road rage is completely different.

If my son was home alone and there was an intruder who appeared in my house with a pistol - and then threatened him with it - I would not question his shooting of the scumbag for a second.

Besides, I'm sure you'd back up your daughter if she'd been in that situation. My kid's life is infinitely more important than a criminal threatening my kid's life in any situation, let alone in their own home.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The one basic mistake that the kid made was not shooting the invading varmint. Heck with the "fleeing man" excuse. Dead men tell no tales. Or press any charges.

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The one basic mistake that the kid made was not shooting the invading varmint. Heck with the "fleeing man" excuse. Dead men tell no tales. Or press any charges.
    You're correct, and so are those above who stated the an 11 year-old
    has not yet gained the decision-making maturity to understand a
    fleeing criminal does not pose an immediate threat any longer.

I feel sorry for the kid in all honesty.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Go away liar. You're so full of shit, you child.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Besides, I'm sure you'd back up your daughter if she'd been in that situation. My kid's life is infinitely more important than a criminal threatening my kid's life in any situation, let alone in their own home.
    In the house? Yes. After he's fleeing? No.

18. Thanks logroller, fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm amenable to the castle doctrine, but that's for someone who's in your castle, not fleeing it. someone who's fleeing doesn't present a threat. Robber's coming down the stairs towards me-- I fire w/o reservation. Kid should of grabbed a gun to begin with but I'll give him a break. He was protecting his family the best way he could against a POS acquaintance.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

In the house? Yes. After he's fleeing? No.
    I'd hold you or I to that standard,but not a kid. He's been confronted and then threatened again--he's bound to be aggravated! It's a justifiable shooting imho.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

The kid was taught to shoot anyone who breaks in - I'm convinced of it. My daughter at 11 would absolutely know how and when to shoot if she had access to a firearm.