Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Signature Guidelines

To make the threads easier for all of our members to read, we are implementing a few guidelines on members use of signatures.

There should be no more than 5 lines used in any signature, and this includes spaces.

Default font size only.

Any images should be no larger than the size of an avatar, which is 200x200.

There will be no advertising of any kind, unless permission has been granted by staff.

No flaming of other members via signatures.

No crude language, or any inappropriate content.
    We will be giving members approximately 1 week to modify their signatures to comply with these guidelines. After that, staff reserves the right to modify members signatures to be in compliance.

If you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me or another staff member a PM.

Thanks!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    To make the threads easier for all of our members to read, we are implementing a few guidelines on members use of signatures.

We will be giving members approximately 1 week to modify their signatures to comply with these guidelines. After that, staff reserves the right to modify members signatures to be in compliance.

If you have any questions or concerns, please shoot me or another staff member a PM.

Thanks!
    Uh.. Define "inappropriate content", please? I'm rather attached to my signature.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd like to see member input on this. I have no problem reading posts regardless of what the signature is, there's this cool wide line that separates them. How can you make it easier than that? Who is the whiner?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Uh.. Define "inappropriate content", please? I'm rather attached to my signature.
    Fair question!

Your signature is fine. I would consider inappropriate to include "foul" language". Everyone will have varying degrees of "foul" but I do not consider asshat or shit to be foul. The 4 letter words such as the "F" word or "C" word come to mind. I don't think potential members will be offended by the words you use, and if they are, they probably won't like it here anyway. Then there are words that would make some blush! Those would be inappropriate. If unsure, ask a staff member before using.

Nudity would be inappropriate as well.

Of course a term like "inappropriate" will be subjective. And of course we will have members claim "bias" in our enforcement. I'm not worried about that though as political statements and/or quotes will not be censored. In other words, feel free to bash political figures if you so choose, just please do so in a mature manner, if that's possible.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I'd like to see member input on this. I have no problem reading posts regardless of what the signature is, there's this cool wide line that separates them. How can you make it easier than that? Who is the whiner?
    I have no problem with member input on this. But keep in mind, this wasn't just a decision on the spur of a moment. I've received various complaints from quite a few members.

It isn't necessarily the content of signatures that brought this forth, but rather the sizes and how it makes harder for members to read threads when signatures take up more page space than actual content discussion.

As usual, I'm open to suggestions and feedback, and I'll be happy to adjust the guidelines should valid points be brought forth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just posting to see how many lines my sig is. I think it's already in compliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gay, it's six.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Gay, it's six.
    Rather than delete anything, just add 2 of yours to one line!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If someone doesn't want to see the signatures, they could always change their setting in the User CP

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show signatures

Just check to the box to see the signatures, and uncheck it to hide signatures.

As to content, whatever Jim says is fine by me. Just as long as my Thomas Sowell quotes can keep rockin'!
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am sure I can adjust mine if I must, I just don't want teenie weenie wings.
    I have no idea how close to the limit they are now or how to fix em.

I'll go on record that I have no problem with the size of any sig line on the board.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    If someone doesn't want to see the signatures, they could always change their setting in the User CP

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show signatures

Just check to the box to see the signatures, and uncheck it to hide signatures.

As to content, whatever Jim says is fine by me. Just as long as my Thomas Sowell quotes can keep rockin'!
    Your signature is 8 lines long. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I am sure I can adjust mine if I must, I just don't want teenie weenie wings.
    I have no idea how close to the limit they are now or how to fix em.

I'll go on record that I have no problem with the size of any sig line on the board.
    Your image is below the 200x200 limitation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Your image is below the 200x200 limitation.
    But also 11 lines long...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your signature is 8 lines long. LOL
    Not no more! Nyah!
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    Not no more! Nyah!
    Excellent! Thank you!

FWIW - although I stated "default font" to keep members from using over sized lettering, smaller font is allowed, and will then allow for additional space.