Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CockySOB View Post
    If someone doesn't want to see the signatures, they could always change their setting in the User CP

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show signatures

Just check to the box to see the signatures, and uncheck it to hide signatures.

As to content, whatever Jim says is fine by me. Just as long as my Thomas Sowell quotes can keep rockin'!
    Excellent point, Cocky!
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Excellent point, Cocky!
    True, true, very good advice! The only problem with that is that it would be sitewide. What if it's only a few signatures that are cluttering threads? I'm not sure there's a way to limit a specific users sigs from appearing, it's an all or nothing proposition.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    True, true, very good advice! The only problem with that is that it would be sitewide. What if it's only a few signatures that are cluttering threads? I'm not sure there's a way to limit a specific users sigs from appearing, it's an all or nothing proposition.
    Sure it's all or nothing, but it's an option available to ALL, so leave it up to the individual that may have a problem to make the choice, instead of imposing the wishes of few on the entire board.

Above the Best

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Sure it's all or nothing, but it's an option available to ALL, so leave it up to the individual that may have a problem to make the choice, instead of imposing the wishes of few on the entire board.
    Dude - 5 lines is plenty - you could fit everything you have right now in 5 lines.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

But what if a few members have issues with say, 10 particular signatures. They should have to block everyone's as a result?

Let me ask a serious question. Do you not think that large and long signatures can "clutter" up a thread and make it more difficult to read?

What if a member wanted 40 lines in his/her signature? Where do we draw the line? I think there has to be some sort of guidelines in effect.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Dude - 5 lines is plenty - you could fit everything you have right now in 5 lines.
    Something like this. Get creative!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not just make the wings your avatar?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...and while we're at it, something has GOT to be done about D's avatar...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    ...and while we're at it, something has GOT to be done about D's avatar...
    Now THAT I fully agree with. It's downright scary! LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But what if a few members have issues with say, 10 particular signatures. They should have to block everyone's as a result?

Let me ask a serious question. Do you not think that large and long signatures can "clutter" up a thread and make it more difficult to read?

What if a member wanted 40 lines in his/her signature? Where do we draw the line? I think there has to be some sort of guidelines in effect.
    Yes if a few members have a problem they should deal with it. What if I had a problem with posts being more than 50 words long? If there was a limit on text it would make forums much easier to read.

No, like I said I've have no problem reading threads..If you can scroll and see the line that starts a sig then the line that starts a new post this shouldn't be an issue, IMO.

We have someone with 40 lines? This is a trivial issue IMO, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'll comply I just think it's silly.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is my sig okay? It's smaller than Mr.Ps but still big. I'll change the fault size I guess but then it wont be so noticable and board cluttery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now THAT I fully agree with. It's downright scary! LOL
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that's what he really looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Yes if a few members have a problem they should deal with it. What if I had a problem with posts being more than 50 words long? If there was a limit on text it would make forums much easier to read.

No, like I said I've have no problem reading threads..If you can scroll and see the line that starts a sig then the line that starts a new post this shouldn't be an issue, IMO.

We have someone with 40 lines? This is a trivial issue IMO, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'll comply I just think it's silly.
    You're nit-picking, P. Maybe the answer to it is this: Do NOT allow signatures after somebody's FIRST reply in a thread? See how I re-sized yours to fit most of what you have in your sig, in mine? Want the code for my sig?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Might be able to tweak the code for Ignoring a user to make it handle their signature.

Cut, modify, paste.... a few hours coding to tweak and test I'd think.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Is my sig okay? It's smaller than Mr.Ps but still big. I'll change the fault size I guess but then it wont be so noticable and board cluttery.
    Change it to default font... then choose color that stands out if you wish.