Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sorry bubba. Know your audience. If you look and smell like an Arab and you got your bath linen on your head? You're a f-ing duck.
    That's the problem, "the audience" is wrong
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    That's the problem, "the audience" is wrong
    Until the plane blows up. Then suddenly the very same audience is acting outraged and demanding someone do something. Then, when someone does something, that very same audience is bitching and whining about the attempted solution. Catch-22?

My dad is fluent in Arabic and I have 4 tours in ME. I can recognize that scribble in a second. What's an "innocent" Italian doing writing in Arabic on an airplane when the whole world is paranoid of Arabs on a plane?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Until the plane blows up. Then suddenly the very same audience is acting outraged and demanding someone do something. Then, when someone does something, that very same audience is bitching and whining about the attempted solution. Catch-22?
    There were warnings of Quacks and Walks for all the other events. But the "authorities" didn't follow through as they should have on those that got through.
    And a bunch of people emotionally upset demanding easy knee jerk responses for complex a problem doesn't fix it. Or Necessitate a reply.

My dad is fluent in Arabic and I have 4 tours in ME. I can recognize that scribble in a second. What's an "innocent" Italian doing writing in Arabic on an airplane when the whole world is paranoid of Arabs on a plane?
    well i do understand that much of the math and the "algebra" we use today we picked up from the muslims and arabic countries. (even though some want to deny that bit of history) But from what the article says the professor was preparing for a speech he was going to give.

But are you saying that it's people should automatically be considered a terrorist if they write or speak arabic launguages at the airport?
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-15-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

There were warning of Quacks and Walks for all the other events. the "authorities" didn't follow through as they should have on those that got through.
    And a bunch of people emotionally upset demanding easy knee jerk responses for complex a problem doesn't fix it. Or Necessitate a reply.

well i do understand that much of the math and the "algebra" we use today we picked up from the muslims and arabic countries. (even though some want to deny that bit of history) But from what the article says the professor was preparing for a speech he was going to give.

But are you saying that it's even someone should automatically be considered a terrorist if they write or speak arabic launguages at the airport?
    Hindsight is 20:20 easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together AFTER the event happens.

5. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

There were warnings of Quacks and Walks for all the other events. But the "authorities" didn't follow through as they should have on those that got through.

But are you saying that it's people should automatically be considered a terrorist if they write or speak arabic launguages at the airport?
    That's no sh*t. Now. people like you are bitching because they do. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I'm sorry, people, but if you can't discern the difference between a math problem and Arabic, you are probably too stupid to be walking around in public.
    This is a good point. We shouldn't be too hard on the woman - it may be that her head has so few synapses firing that her skull literally feels numb all the time, so maybe she didn't know any better and was just doing her best to look out for terrorists. I will at least give the airline credit for handling the incident well, and give the professor credit for not trying to create a Ferguson event out of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Hindsight is 20:20 easy to put the pieces of the puzzle together AFTER the event happens.
    No, not hindsight clear signs. FBi had Clear signs and notifications. Not just . Guys who had rags on there heads.
    they had warnings from foreign countries, had Atta on a watch list PRE-911. One FBI translator said they had some info recorded. another had already arrest for suspicion. the father notified the FBi about the underwear bomber but they did nothing. The way he was boarded onto the plane at the last minute without a passport and proper papers was another sign. Finally several passengers told enough authorities for them to move onces his pants were on fire.

So yeah yeah partial and selective blindness shouldn't be redefined as hindsight being clearer.

but sure is it possible to stop ALL terror before hand , of course not. but it does no go to pretend that every person that's foreign, brown, and writes funny is by default a terrorist.

the profile has to be MUCH narrower.
    that's my point.

And i think you understand that idea when placed on the other foot.
    Just because someone is white and from the america doesn't mean he or she is a racist.
    Should we be suspicious of ALL white? looks like a duck right? Add a confederate flag to it what now? that's SURLY a duck right? with people so concerned about racism it makes no sense for anyone to wave that around.. right?
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-15-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

No, not hindsight clear signs. FBi had Clear signs and notifications. Not just . Guys who had rags on there heads.
    they had warnings from foreign countries, had Atta on a watch list PRE-911. One FBI translator said they had some info recorded. another had already arrest for suspicion. the father notified the FBi about the underwear bomber but they did nothing. The way he was boarded onto the plane at the last minute without a passport and proper papers was another sign. Finally several passengers told enough authorities for them to move onces his pants were on fire.

So yeah yeah partial and selective blindness shouldn't be redefined as hindsight being clearer.

but sure is it possible to stop ALL terror before hand , of course not. but it does no go to pretend that every person that's foreign, brown, and writes funny is by default a terrorist.

the profile has to be MUCH narrower.
    that's my point.

And i think you understand that idea when placed on the other foot.
    Just because someone is white and from the america doesn't mean he or she is a racist.
    Should we be suspicious of ALL white? looks like a duck right? Add a confederate flag to it what now? that's SURLY a duck right? with people so concerned about racism it makes no sense for anyone to wave that around.. right?
    I didn't bring up skin color.
    And none of those signs are clear until after the event happened. Those pieces of information beforehand don't add up to buildings collapsing. Well maybe they do now. Now that we have the biggest piece of the puzzle: the event.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

That's no sh*t. Now. people like you are bitching because they do. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    If you can't eat it, what's the use in having it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    If you can't eat it, what's the use in having it?
    You're not addressing the point of the metaphor. You can keep your cake or eat it. If you eat it, you don't have a cake anymore. Choice is yours. Just don't come crying when you eat your cake and don't have one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Then they start the "who didn't connect the dots" blame game.One thing you can count on about liberals,they'll never ever take the blame for anything.
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

13. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Since so many white males are mass murderers, shouldn't we be suspicious of every white male who enters a shopping mall or place of business?

Because of substandard VA facilities, many veterans don't receive the psychological help needed to control their mental problems. Many are left with PTSD or severe depressions, leaving them as ticking time bombs. Why should we allow them on planes. At least we should prohibit veterans from owning weapons. Ticking time bombs aren't really stable.

The signs are very clear on this. There have been numerous recorded instances. Shouldn't we act preemptively?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

You're not addressing the point of the metaphor. You can keep your cake or eat it. If you eat it, you don't have a cake anymore. Choice is yours. Just don't come crying when you eat your cake and don't have one.
    At a conference, held in New York City, 8 and 9 April 1938, entitled Social Security in the United State, Arthur A. Ballantine, former Under Secretary of the United States Department of Treasury; Director, American Association for Social Security, was discussing the Social Security reserves, and Congress' penchant for using those reserves for other and sundry programs of government. He noted: The present plan is merely one of eating the cake and then fancying that we still have it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Then they start the "who didn't connect the dots" blame game.One thing you can count on about liberals,they'll never ever take the blame for anything.
    I would change blame to responsibility.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Since so many white males are mass murderers, shouldn't we be suspicious of every white male who enters a shopping mall or place of business?

Because of substandard VA facilities, many veterans don't receive the psychological help needed to control their mental problems. Many are left with PTSD or severe depressions, leaving them as ticking time bombs. Why should we allow them on planes. At least we should prohibit veterans from owning weapons. Ticking time bombs aren't really stable.

The signs are very clear on this. There have been numerous recorded instances. Shouldn't we act preemptively?
    Since you have no Security or Law Enforcement training or experience, you are tossing out a straw argument.

Quite a few vets with those conditions cannot recognize it themselves and don't seek help. Nobody is
    going to strong-arm them into it unless something has happened, violating some law.

By your premise, should we assume all grossly fat women are stinky bitches?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!