Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No. You suck. And probably still smoke weed.

I no longer have connections for weed...

Not since I moved to SC...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I no longer have connections for weed...

Not since I moved to SC...
    Crap. Go to Beaufort. 5 recruit battalions and a Marine Air Wing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Though I still visit, USMB is a shadow of its former self...
    No personality, too many personalities.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm still me and I don't expect you to treat me any differently than you ever have. Ain't a whole lot of moderating on this board unless you try to screw it up. I'm a safety valve. Otherwise, I'm still just Gunny.
    And that's one thing we do - if we're in a fight in a thread, as staff, we ask another staff to take a look and do the moderation. Said another way - almost never would a staff engaged in issues with a user be the staff to do any actions to that user within that thread.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

8. Thanks Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

OMG, Gunny on staff? I smell a coup coming. Anyway congrats!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I noticed some references to a US Message Board. I was there for a couple of years awhile back until some asshole mod started fucking with my postings, and I left. Noticing some references here, I went back there to take a look and found a thread started by a DaveC called Fuck You Indago. Very amusing!

The Story...

I used to post there early in the morning, and found the birthday mentions and I would start a string wishing a Happy Birthday to whoever's birthday it was. Near the end of my tour there, this DaveC posted in one of the birthday strings: "Who the fuck is this Indago that starts these birthday strings all the time?" After I left, I didn't look back, and a few days after I left, DaveC had a birthday, and I wasn't there to start a string wishing him a Happy Birthday. So, he started the string Fuck You Indago, admonishing me for not starting a string wishing him a Happy Birthday. Others followed after, noting that it was rather gay of him to be calling me out like that.

I just noticed this when I went back to take a look. Amusing, at least...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indago View Post
    I noticed some references to a US Message Board. I was there for a couple of years awhile back until some asshole mod started fucking with my postings, and I left. Noticing some references here, I went back there to take a look and found a thread started by a DaveC called Fuck You Indago. Very amusing!

The Story...

I used to post there early in the morning, and found the birthday mentions and I would start a string wishing a Happy Birthday to whoever's birthday it was. Near the end of my tour there, this DaveC posted in one of the birthday strings: "Who the fuck is this Indago that starts these birthday strings all the time?" After I left, I didn't look back, and a few days after I left, DaveC had a birthday, and I wasn't there to start a string wishing him a Happy Birthday. So, he started the string Fuck You Indago, admonishing me for not starting a string wishing him a Happy Birthday. Others followed after, noting that it was rather gay of him to be calling me out like that.

I just noticed this when I went back to take a look. Amusing, at least...
    I know here, I always try to start a birthday thread if I see someone's birthday listed at the bottom, and did the same when I owned over there. But I'm not this "DaveC" for sure!! How long back was this? I don't remember you ever wishing me a happy birthday ya dirty bastard!! But you probably came onboard over there long after I left/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I know here, I always try to start a birthday thread if I see someone's birthday listed at the bottom, and did the same when I owned over there. But I'm not this "DaveC" for sure!! How long back was this? I don't remember you ever wishing me a happy birthday ya dirty bastard!! But you probably came onboard over there long after I left/
    Have you looked at the general age of this crowd? WE DON'T WANT BIRTHDAY REMINDERS. Crap. You put on your dumb hat with that idea?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    And that's one thing we do - if we're in a fight in a thread, as staff, we ask another staff to take a look and do the moderation. Said another way - almost never would a staff engaged in issues with a user be the staff to do any actions to that user within that thread.
    Hey staff people - Darin has an extremely offensive avatar, and I don't like him now, so can one of you ban him for me?

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Hey staff people - Darin has an extremely offensive avatar, and I don't like him now, so can one of you ban him for me?
    If he wasn't rubbing something in your face you'd be in a panic and calling a doc.

18. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    When, on other boards, as a Mod, then Admin, then Board owner, I would rarely
    'Moderate' a thread I was actively engaged in.

To do so gives an impression of singular domination that is not healthy for a forum.
    I'd ask another staff member to come in and be the arbitrator.

My usual retort would be "Mod Hat Off"!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    When, on other boards, as a Mod, then Admin, then Board owner, I would rarely
    'Moderate' a thread I was actively engaged in.

To do so gives an impression of singular domination that is not healthy for a forum.
    I'd ask another staff member to come in and be the arbitrator.

My usual retort would be "Mod Hat Off"!
    I will do it only if I have no other choice and the situation is a trainwreck. I had the same rule on the boards I ran. You're part of the thread find someone else to moderate. I got so tired of being accused of crap it was pathetic. You're a Dem. You're a Republican. You're this you're that. You like this person better than this other person. You're abusing your authority. You mean because you can go right up and read the damned rules and it's my job to enforce them? Heard it all.

I don't dislike anyone. I DO speak my mind. As I said earlier, I'm Gunny. You talk to me like you talk to everyone else, and like you have talked to me. Nobody abuses their authority on this staff or I wouldn't be on it. You come on in the wee hours of the morning and try to trash this board, you're mine. Otherwise, I'm just another member when posting.

22. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The incredible, intelligent, thought provoking and entirely modest old school user GABOSAURUS passed over again for a staff position!

One has to wonder what the requirements are to be a new staff member. :bow3:

Perhaps the administrator person is afraid of what might happen if everyone went to sleep one day (could happen, you're all old farts) and left a liberal in charge of the board.
    Nah, that couldn't be it.

Actually, I should be an administrator. I wouldn't change too much...

24. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The incredible, intelligent, thought provoking and entirely modest old school user GABOSAURUS passed over again for a staff position!

Perhaps the administrator person is afraid of what might happen if everyone went to sleep one day (could happen, you're all old farts) and left a liberal in charge of the board.

They will promote you as soon as they promote conhog.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

I can tell you EXACTLY what would happen. Already been that route.

27. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post