Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default My New Love ~ GoPro

I bought a couple GoPro Hero4 Black cameras for our vacation last year. It was my daughters last chance to really go on a vacation before Chiro College. She only gets 2 weeks off between terms until she graduates in a couple years. She wanted to go up the Pacific Coast so we drove up to the Redwoods and hit all the spots she wanted along the way including Alcatraz. Here are a few of my GoPro pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crin63; 05-11-2016 at 10:37 AM.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A few more pictures
    Last edited by crin63; 05-11-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Do you have it on the dash as well? I really want to get one! I really don't have a good enough reason to to talk my wife into it though, considering we really don't travel much. It would be kinda cool to go around cutting people off and then having the camera for proof of how they respond.

6. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    A few more pictures
    Is that "sea glass" ?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do you have it on the dash as well? I really want to get one! I really don't have a good enough reason to to talk my wife into it though, considering we really don't travel much. It would be kinda cool to go around cutting people off and then having the camera for proof of how they respond.
    Yes, we used it as a dashcam also as we drove through Santa Barbara, The Redwoods and along the coast. You need a good windshield mount and a 12v power cord to plug into the lighter. The standard battery only lasts for 30-60 minutes. You can control the camera with a smartphone app. It takes amazing video.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Is that "sea glass" ?
    Yes its is. Sea Glass Beach. That place was really cool.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A few more. I was really enjoying the in the water and underwater shots. These rocks were only 2' high but being down in the water with the camera sitting on the sand they look bigger.
    Last edited by crin63; 05-11-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I love it. The photos look great! I have a Hero3+ but really don't know how to use it much.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

15. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

GoPro pics through the sunroof of the car while we're driving through eastern Oregon. Not crazy about the pics but some beautiful country to see.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

17. Thanks darin, Kathianne thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thank you! Beautiful scenes. I love that part of the USA. It's terrific.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

19. Thanks crin63 thanked this post