Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default USAF down to sticks and stones

EXCLUSIVE: It was just a few years ago, in March 2011, when a pair of U.S. Air Force B-1 bombers – during a harsh winter storm – took off from their base in South Dakota to fly across the world to launch the air campaign in Libya, only 16 hours after given the order.

Today, many in the Air Force are questioning whether a similar mission could still be accomplished, after years of budget cuts that have taken an undeniable toll. The U.S. Air Force is now short 4,000 airmen to maintain its fleet, short 700 pilots to fly them and short vital spare parts necessary to keep their jets in the air. The shortage is so dire that some have even been forced to scrounge for parts in a remote desert scrapheap known as “The Boneyard.”

source

BTY buddy, can ya spare a nuke reactor for an aircraft carrier ???

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You can thank our civilian "leadership" for all of that. When Congress demands cuts to the force across the board, guess what happens? If only those same "leaders" had the balls to cut entitlement programs, defend our borders, and do what is best for the country instead of what is best for their pockets, then they might be worthy of something approaching respect.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    You can thank our civilian "leadership" for all of that. When Congress demands cuts to the force across the board, guess what happens? If only those same "leaders" had the balls to cut entitlement programs, defend our borders, and do what is best for the country instead of what is best for their pockets, then they might be worthy of something approaching respect.
    You can also thank USAF "leadership". They've been the "darlings" since WWII. They game their budget. They pay for all their goodies first, THEN go in and say "we can't do our job."

Not sure how the Army does it, but the USN/USMC pays the bills first. That's why all our crap is as old as I am. We are masters at making old crap work.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-14-2016 at 11:21 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks CSM, Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The Coast Guard has been ham-strung by budget constraints for decades.

Right now we have ocean-going cutters that were laid down in the 1960's.
    The Navy can afford to retire theirs after 25 years and replace them.
    We can't.

We have a fleet of helicopters that were brought in during the late 1980's,
    and they are wearing out. It is difficult to find parts for them and there is
    no inventory of spare airframes.

Yet our missions still endure with little hope to improve or replace the assets
    we have due to budget.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

On the domestic side, when I lived in California,
    the first things cut in favor of 'entitlements' were
    public service (L.E. and Fire) and State Parks.
    Thus the public was left with flimsy emergency
    response and public safety.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

still waiting to be refueled cause of budget cuts. almost looks like Pearl Harbor. if we have a national crisis they won't be able to respond and we're fucked

11. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

ARMY MANPOWER LEVELS HIT LOWEST POINT SINCE PRE-WORLD WAR II ERA

With ISIS running rampant in the Middle East and Russia on the rise, the world is more dangerous than ever. But in spite of these clear threats, our military is being undermined from the inside.

After tallying up the it’s personnel levels for this year, the Army has determined that around 16,548 soldiers have left their jobs without anyone replacing them. This has left America with it’s lowest pool of manpower since the years right before World War II.

This past March alone, 2,600 soldiers departed from active service, further weakening the military’s capability and readiness. While this sort of news would strike most as alarming, not everyone seems to think it’s worth fretting over.

An example of the latter is, shockingly enough, the Army itself, which has endeavored to cut down on personnel. At the current rate, the force will be reduced to 450,000 soldiers by 2018, even as America’s enemies grow stronger.

source

13. Thanks Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

With ISIS running rampant in the Middle East and Russia on the rise, the world is more dangerous than ever. But in spite of these clear threats, our military is being undermined from the inside.

After tallying up the it’s personnel levels for this year, the Army has determined that around 16,548 soldiers have left their jobs without anyone replacing them. This has left America with it’s lowest pool of manpower since the years right before World War II.

This past March alone, 2,600 soldiers departed from active service, further weakening the military’s capability and readiness. While this sort of news would strike most as alarming, not everyone seems to think it’s worth fretting over.

An example of the latter is, shockingly enough, the Army itself, which has endeavored to cut down on personnel. At the current rate, the force will be reduced to 450,000 soldiers by 2018, even as America’s enemies grow stronger.

source
    That is just plain insanity!

Didn't anyone learn the lessons from WWI and WW II?

What's that saying? "History is doomed to repeat itself" or something like that.

A Deplorable!

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

What's that saying? "History is doomed to repeat itself" or something like that.
    "Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It." and Bozo never had a history lesson nor does he give a shit

17. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post

Soon enough we will have more officers (politically correct ones, of course) than enlisted men. Congress and Libs will pat themselves on the back and smile as they drag the Trojan horse through the gates.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

19. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Soon enough we will have more officers (politically correct ones, of course) than enlisted men. Congress and Libs will pat themselves on the back and smile as they drag the Trojan horse through the gates.
    It's worked so well in education. More administrators than professors, about 8 fold.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

21. Thanks CSM, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It's worked so well in education. More administrators than professors, about 8 fold.
    yes indeed and the crop of professors selling their snake oil, holding grades hostage and holding their hands out for that big government grant are just an example (on the civilian side of things).
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

source
    POWER OF DEBT--CAUSES NEEDS TO CUT AND THE DEBT WAS MASSIVELY INCREASED TO FORCE THOSE CUTS--INCREASED BY OBAMA AND HIS MASTERS..
    A FACT.
    The plan was put us into trillions more debt, then use the ill effects of that debt to cause/force massive budget cuts--especially targeting our military..
    Debt bullets taking out our military, and they the traitors get zero return fire while doing so!!
    Thanks obama and his handlers the globalists--thats who has been systematically weakening this nation.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.