Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    The point he made apparently whooshed right over your little head....IMO. Not his fault. That would be on you. Perhaps since you have such delicate ears, you should put that poster on ignore.
    My problem is...I Never put anyone on ignore!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    hmmm...it seems my kind of humor doesn't play well were.I am not a racist by any means but I don't go around singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic either. It seems odd that a word like nigga is so morally reprehensible to white folks,when blacks use it all the time to address each other.That's why I provided the video link.If we would learn to lighten up, blacks and whites,learn to laugh a little and quit looking to be offended all the time the world would be a better place.
    AF, just as an fyi. You are not the only person here to make such jokes.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Elessar, Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Atticus, there are a wide range of cultural differences that you are obviously not aware of.
    Vaguely similar to the fact that you are tell your wife "bitch, get me a sandwich!" and she might be used to you saying that and not be offended. But if an outsider said the same thing, I am guessing it would not have the same meaning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

hmmm...it seems my kind of humor doesn't play well were.I am not a racist by any means but I don't go around singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic either. It seems odd that a word like nigga is so morally reprehensible to white folks,when blacks use it all the time to address each other.That's why I provided the video link.If we would learn to lighten up, blacks and whites,learn to laugh a little and quit looking to be offended all the time the world would be a better place.
    It will, rookie. I have a sick sense of humor from Hell. Hang around awhile. Once we figure you out, we'll probably bite. I've known thee people for a decade and a half and STILL have to explain myself at times.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It will, rookie. I have a sick sense of humor from Hell. Hang around awhile. Once we figure you out, we'll probably bite. I've known thee people for a decade and a half and STILL have to explain myself at times.
    well I'll say this I like to laugh and I don't hold back on what I think or feel.I'm brutally honest at times when I probably should pull it back.To some that may come off as abrasive but that is how I roll, both here and in the real world.
    Last edited by Atticus Finch; 05-18-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

7. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Atticus, there are a wide range of cultural differences that you are obviously not aware of.
    Vaguely similar to the fact that you are tell your wife "bitch, get me a sandwich!" and she might be used to you saying that and not be offended. But if an outsider said the same thing, I am guessing it would not have the same meaning.
    I'm well aware of the the cultural nuances you speak of.Just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I'm some naive hill jack who never made it out of the holler.I am also well aware of the politics of race in this country and I hate it.Race hustlers like Sharpton,Jackson,Wright ,Jones,Obama etc., fall well within my definition of nigger.
    Last edited by Atticus Finch; 05-18-2016 at 07:21 PM.

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

well I'll say this I like to laugh and I don't hold back on what I think or feel.I'm brutally honest at times when I probably should pull it back.To some that may come off as abrasive but that is how I roll, both here and in the real world.
    Again you're a rookie. I'll tell you the same thing I told FJ ...know your audience. Nobody ever has to guess what the Gunny's thinking. I'm brutal. I know it. So do most of the people on this board. But I didn't come in guns blazing. I observed first. There are some people I can screw with and some I can't. There are some topics you just don't discuss with certain people.

While I am more than likely to not post a thread with this thread title, I'm not offended by it. Lots of people here are afraid to say it. If you're going to post something controversial, expect return fire.

Another observation I have made is we are supposedly founded on freedom and tolerance; yet, we have one of the most intolerant societies I've ever lived in. You are freer to say what you want in Okinawa.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Again you're a rookie. I'll tell you the same thing I told FJ ...know your audience. Nobody ever has to guess what the Gunny's thinking. I'm brutal. I know it. So do most of the people on this board. But I didn't come in guns blazing. I observed first. There are some people I can screw with and some I can't. There are some topics you just don't discuss with certain people.

While I am more than likely to not post a thread with this thread title, I'm not offended by it. Lots of people here are afraid to say it. If you're going to post something controversial, expect return fire.

Another observation I have made is we are supposedly founded on freedom and tolerance; yet, we have one of the most intolerant societies I've ever lived in. You are freer to say what you want in Okinawa.
    Well I thinkin' the best way to find out who is who, is to post something controversial....there is a method to my madness.
    Last edited by Atticus Finch; 05-20-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm well aware of the the cultural nuances you speak of.Just because I'm from WV doesn't mean I'm some naive hill jack who never made it out of the holler.I am also well aware of the politics of race in this country and I hate it.Race hustlers like Sharpton,Jackson,Wright ,Jones,Obama etc., fall well within my definition of nigger.
    What part of WV? I was raised there: Keyser and Fairmont.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

know your audience.

Sound advice....should be spread around!
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-20-2016 at 01:41 PM.

A Deplorable!

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Well I thinkin' the best way to find out who is who, is to post something controversial....there is a method to my madness.
    Perhaps. And you do what you think you have to. Just try and remember we are all from different regions and walks of life. I had a member quit the board I ran because I wouldn't censor the word "nigger". And I'll be the last one here to tell you to not say what you think. My point is there are consequences for one's actions. You can tell as much about who doesn't make a comment as you can those that throw a fit.

I used to get called nigga by the black guys I played basketball with. I took it as a compliment. I was accepted as someone who could hoop. And I talked trash back at them. Part of the game. But I knew my audience. You call me nigga guess what? But I knew who I could and could not say it to.

I honestly think most of this crap is ridiculous. Watch someone get shot then worry about being called a name. It doesn't register with me. You can call me anything you want. Disagree with me all you want. Just words. I know they mean things. Bullets are more final. They end a discussion.

And this is just advice. That word's not popular here. I also find it ironic you would have the ID you have and this thread title.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Perhaps. And you do what you think you have to. Just try and remember we are all from different regions and walks of life. I had a member quit the board I ran because I wouldn't censor the word "nigger". And I'll be the last one here to tell you to not say what you think. My point is there are consequences for one's actions. You can tell as much about who doesn't make a comment as you can those that throw a fit.

I used to get called nigga by the black guys I played basketball with. I took it as a compliment. I was accepted as someone who could hoop. And I talked trash back at them. Part of the game. But I knew my audience. You call me nigga guess what? But I knew who I could and could not say it to.

I honestly think most of this crap is ridiculous. Watch someone get shot then worry about being called a name. It doesn't register with me. You can call me anything you want. Disagree with me all you want. Just words. I know they mean things. Bullets are more final. They end a discussion.

And this is just advice. That word's not popular here. I also find it ironic you would have the ID you have and this thread title.
    To Kill a Mockingbird was written well before the race hustlers got involved.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    What part of WV? I was raised there: Keyser and Fairmont.
    The Ohio Valley almost in Buckeye Land.I know Fairmont well..My two sons graduated from WVU.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

To Kill a Mockingbird was written well before the race hustlers got involved.
    Wasn't it based on a Clarence Darrow case in the 20's?

Do note I was not and am not criticizing you. I am making a point as it pertains to people. I say crap people don't like all the time. Just be ready for the incoming when you do.

20. Thanks Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The Ohio Valley almost in Buckeye Land.I know Fairmont well..My two sons graduated from WVU.
    Lovely country there in those mountains...Parkersburg perhaps?

A Deplorable!