Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Obama Raises Minimum Wage for Overtime Workers

I have to question this. I do not in any way begrudge the right for a person to gain a decent wage,
    but this is an edict to falsely boost a middle class to induce increase taxes on that class. He lied
    through his teeth when he said he wanted to boost the Middle Class.

I got raped by taxes this year and do not trust this edict whatsoever:

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/1...htmlws-main-bb
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks Bilgerat, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Once again, Obama uses his pen and phone to make an edict

However, this will soon be a dead issue, much like the Obama Administration.

I see overtime being cut, workers tasked to do more during normal hours and all in all the "misery" index being raised.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

4. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Just another Obama trick to Impress Himself; considering the majority of workers are now part time, and can only get OVERTIME...after 40 hours. Not to mention how Obama has almost single-handedly created UNEMPLOYMENT for more than 30 Million Americans...while the ILLEGALS get to work....UNDER THE TABLE???

WHO'S REALLY FOOLING WHO?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have to question this. I do not in any way begrudge the right for a person to gain a decent wage,
    but this is an edict to falsely boost a middle class to induce increase taxes on that class. He lied
    through his teeth when he said he wanted to boost the Middle Class.

I got raped by taxes this year and do not trust this edict whatsoever:

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/1...htmlws-main-bb
    Even in a good economy.....which the Obamanation is not now nor has it ever been a good economy....it would be questionable to raise the minimum wage, since the end results is always 'less jobs', layoffs and increased prices of goods to cover the extra cost to employers. This ain't rocket science or Ben Carson brain surgery, yet most leftists don't get it. Not because they can't get it, but because they refuse to.

7. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

If I'm reading this correctly the edict is stating that employers will have to pay overtime for workers making from $47k to $50k-lowering the threshold. Dumb move for both employers and employees-effectively making lower mid-management hourly employees, as opposed to salaried. It also would require keeping hourly stats on employees, something most would rather not.

This would really impact those just beginning to move up in many positions and take away the flexibility most salaried employees have at the point of life that most face with very young families. If given a choice between a few more dollars at a few times during the year or the flexibility that comes with salary, my guess is most would opt for salary.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly the edict is stating that employers will have to pay overtime for workers making from $47k to $50k-lowering the threshold. Dumb move for both employers and employees-effectively making lower mid-management hourly employees, as opposed to salaried. It also would require keeping hourly stats on employees, something most would rather not.

This would really impact those just beginning to move up in many positions and take away the flexibility most salaried employees have at the point of life that most face with very young families. If given a choice between a few more dollars at a few times during the year or the flexibility that comes with salary, my guess is most would opt for salary.
    While I had some numbers wrong, the gist of my thinking is echoed here:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/19/ob...it-didnt-work/

Obama’s Overtime Rule Tried at IBM, and It Didn’t Work

James Sherk /@JamesBSherk/<time datetime="2016-05-19" class="date" style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">May 19, 2016</time>

Juggling work and family life is hard. On Wednesday the Labor Department made it even harder for millions of salaried workers. The administration’s new overtime regulations will effectively turn them into hourly employees.

The regulation won’t increase their earnings, but it will greatly reduce their control over their schedules. The Fair Labor Standards Act requires employers to pay hourly workers overtime for working over 40 hours a week.

But the Fair Labor Standards Act regulations exempt many salaried employees. This makes sense: Salaried employees get paid to do a particular job, not work particular hours. They also generally have more control over when and where they work.

Many salaried employees have the flexibility to do things like take off early in the afternoon to attend a child’s soccer game, and then finish their work from home in the evening when their child has gone to sleep. Similarly, millions of salaried employees telecommute at least once a month.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

LOL....this from a guy who never had a real job in his life....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

12. Thanks Kathianne, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Once again, Obama uses his pen and phone to make an edict

However, this will soon be a dead issue, much like the Obama Administration.

I see overtime being cut, workers tasked to do more during normal hours and all in all the "misery" index being raised.
    Agreed. No one's paying attention to the effect part of cause and effect.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Bottom line is...once again big government leftists, per usual, insert/stick their noses into the business of employers, further eroding our economy and further damaging Americans and American jobs. It's all part of that Cloward-Piven plan, I guess. It's probably really pissing them off that the collapse is taking so long to achieve.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

While I had some numbers wrong, the gist of my thinking is echoed here:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/05/19/ob...it-didnt-work/
    Obviously aimed at white-collar, middle management (mostly older whiteys) employees....which is just another part of the 'get even with whitey) Obama agenda. About as transparent as taxing 'tanning salons'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Obviously aimed at white-collar, middle management (mostly older whiteys) employees....which is just another part of the 'get even with whitey) Obama agenda. About as transparent as taxing 'tanning salons'.
    Transparent, yes. I just don't think the lefty handout groups understand the impact this kind of crap is going to have. I have to pay workers more? Guess I need less workers. No overtime. I'll have all part-time employees. Then I don't have to provide benefits or anything.

This kind of crap will destroy the professional workforce.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

This kind of crap will destroy the professional workforce.
    I have to fully agree.

Question: What was that on another tread about us two going Pres and VP?
    Might be viable with enough support!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Actually I think this would hit the young folks in their 20's and 30's much more. Guys in their 40's and 50's are past that $47k threshold.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Removed posts from when went off the rails. I'm not going to read through threads that grow so long that the original points are lost.

24. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post