Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default My Son's New Boat

Well.... new to him, anyway!

This is his first boat. It's a 22' Wooldridge inboard jet. She's got a brand new port injected 454 Kodiak mated to a brand new Hamilton 3-stage jet unit.

The boat was owned by a guy that died a couple years ago, and the boat has just been sitting around for a couple of years. Finally the family got tired of having it parked beside the house and put her up on Craigslist for less than half of what it's actually worth.

This thing is an animal! The only riverboat I've driven that was faster was a NorthRiver with a 502 Chevy with a 10" jet. The 454 alone is worth what he paid for the boat, so he really got a great deal.

I don't know if I like that blue shark painted on the bow, and he's not sure about it either... he'll probably buff that off and shine it up like I did to my boat this spring. The hard top is really nice to have, and I suspect he'll have a couple of nice light bars mounted up top in short order.

Pretty cool to see him so excited about it, I'm pretty stoked about it myself. A 19 year old with a big boy boat is a pretty good step for him - because as we all know, he who dies with the most toys wins, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks CSM, jimnyc, Kathianne, darin, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yeeehawwww!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Thanks NightTrain, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I thought of you yesterday NT. Speaking of boats, tell me what you think of this video:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=16911a9c7fcf" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Thanks NightTrain, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I thought of you yesterday NT. Speaking of boats, tell me what you think of this video:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=16911a9c7fcf" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Nice boat... looks like a North River and that sounded like a built big block! That's the boat I'm going to upgrade to soon, they're badass rigs.

That's the kind of water we run in Talkeetna up in the canyon... the chute at the top there isn't as extreme as the video, but it's not far off from that one. I think I would have approached on the left side, though.

Lots of fun to run white water in the jet boats, and I get a kick out of taking new people through stuff like that just to see the terror in their eyes... I've got a twisted sense of humor.

8. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Nice boat... looks like a North River and that sounded like a built big block! That's the boat I'm going to upgrade to soon, they're badass rigs.

That's the kind of water we run in Talkeetna up in the canyon... the chute at the top there isn't as extreme as the video, but it's not far off from that one. I think I would have approached on the left side, though.

Lots of fun to run white water in the jet boats, and I get a kick out of taking new people through stuff like that just to see the terror in their eyes... I've got a twisted sense of humor.
    That would have been me! Hell no, drop me off and I'll swim downstream! LOL

10. Thanks NightTrain, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Yeeehawwww!
    Yep, NT's son can drive us around for a party! Can I steer?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I love it! Congrats to him!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

14. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yeeehawwww!
    Rubio sold his yacht?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Rubio sold his yacht?
    LOL...that will never happen.... thinking of selling mine and don't even want to contemplate another...I'll keep my 14' zodiac in case I need to conduct some riverine operations when the enemy invades....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

LOL...that will never happen.... thinking of selling mine and don't even want to contemplate another...I'll keep my 14' zodiac in case I need to conduct some riverine operations when the enemy invades....
    That boat ain't properly equipped. I don't see any fishing poles. One can only assume the beer cooler is hidden from view.

Looks like a fresh water boat to me. Never been on one actually. I've always been in the ocean. I'd need a handgun to catch a fresh water fish.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

That boat ain't properly equipped. I don't see any fishing poles. One can only assume the beer cooler is hidden from view.

Looks like a fresh water boat to me. Never been on one actually. I've always been in the ocean. I'd need a handgun to catch a fresh water fish.
    and dynamite.... should always have dynamite on hand for the really big ones
    Thomas Jefferson

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Well.... new to him, anyway!

This is his first boat. It's a 22' Wooldridge inboard jet. She's got a brand new port injected 454 Kodiak mated to a brand new Hamilton 3-stage jet unit.

The boat was owned by a guy that died a couple years ago, and the boat has just been sitting around for a couple of years. Finally the family got tired of having it parked beside the house and put her up on Craigslist for less than half of what it's actually worth.

This thing is an animal! The only riverboat I've driven that was faster was a NorthRiver with a 502 Chevy with a 10" jet. The 454 alone is worth what he paid for the boat, so he really got a great deal.

I don't know if I like that blue shark painted on the bow, and he's not sure about it either... he'll probably buff that off and shine it up like I did to my boat this spring. The hard top is really nice to have, and I suspect he'll have a couple of nice light bars mounted up top in short order.

Pretty cool to see him so excited about it, I'm pretty stoked about it myself. A 19 year old with a big boy boat is a pretty good step for him - because as we all know, he who dies with the most toys wins, right?

N.T. Pass on to him from an old sailor....

"GREAT JOB....SMOOTH SAILING! I envy you for having the luck to find that. Congrats!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    N.T. Pass on to him from an old sailor....

"GREAT JOB....SMOOTH SAILING! I envy you for having the luck to find that. Congrats!"
    But can you ski off that thing?
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-20-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

But can you ski off that thing?

Oh yeah. You could easily pull several skiers with it.

The rooster tail that the jet creates makes for an extra something to play in... we've done a lot of pulling kids on tubes and waterskis with my buddy's 20' RiverRunner with a 350 Kodiak mated to a 2-stage jet.

26. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Oh yeah. You could easily pull several skiers with it.

The rooster tail that the jet creates makes for an extra something to play in... we've done a lot of pulling kids on tubes and waterskis with my buddy's 20' RiverRunner with a 350 Kodiak mated to a 2-stage jet.
    Look, I'll be the first to tell you except for swimming, I know absolutely zero about fresh water. I was always in the ocean. I think I went catfishing once when I was about 6. So I'm just being curious.