Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default #NeverTrump Circles the Drain

Some of these numbers are moving up, and are very encouraging! He was once in the 30's for republican support and 30%+ refusing to vote or going Hillary or 3rd party. That's been a huge turnaround in a very short period of time. He's also picking up in a lot of different polls, and leading in some. Next they should start concentrating on states, and the electorates.

WASHINGTON, DC – The #NeverTrump movement is collapsing as Donald Trump asserts himself as the Republican nominee.

Only 15 percent of Republicans are still vowing not to back Trump in the general election, according to a new Fox News poll. Trump is getting 82 percent Republican support. Seven percent of Republicans are in Hillary Clinton’s camp, while four percent would vote for a third-party candidate and four percent will not vote. Another four percent are still undecided.

The #NeverTrump movement, led by onetime television star Glenn Beck and professional political consultants like Ben Howe and commentators like Jamie Weinstein, has been fading. While these pundits and political-class types choose to remain in Never-Never Land, the rest of the party is clearly growing up.

Trump cemented his alpha male status in the GOP with his Tuesday night interview with Megyn Kelly, the fierce anti-Trump cable news entertainer whose battles with Trump so obsessed her that she even changed her hairstyle to reflect strength. Trump’s interview with Kelly aired the same night he won the primaries in Oregon and Kentucky. Even though Ted Cruz dropped out of the race, he kept the door open to re-entering, and he appeared recently on “Millionaire’s Row” at the Kentucky Derby. But Trump beat him on the ballot by about 10,000 votes Tuesday, putting to rest any hope for a Cruz comeback.

Neoconservative pundit Bill Kristol, who tried to get a third-party candidate to challenge Trump on the Right and all but assure Hillary Clinton a victory, is still clinging to that idea but admits that it’s “Not easy.” Retired Marine Corps general James Mattis already turned Kristol down. The Republican National Committee condemned Kristol’s plot.

Jonah Goldberg of National Review conceded that the third-party scheme is not going to become a reality.

Ben Howe, one of the most inflammatory #NeverTrumpers, is currently under fire on Twitter for refusing to apologize for calling potential First Lady Melania Trump a “whore” in a Tweet that he later deleted.

Trump critic Mark Levin, the nationally-syndicated radio star, Tweeted Wednesday, “What do you think? Would Trump fight for his nominee” to the Supreme Court, appearing to acknowledge Trump’s inevitability.

Guy P. Benson, a Fox News pundit who steadfastly recites the Establishment’s party line on issues, admitted Wednesday that Trump’s Supreme Court shortlist of potential justices was “generally encouraging.”

Daily Caller editor Jamie Weinstein, who recently got engaged to Trump critic and former Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields, is also waking up:

With the pundits forced to leave Never-Never Land and accept reality, the legacy of #NeverTrump might not actually be very substantial at all. Assuming that the 15 percent number goes down in the next five months, the only real damage to Trump on the Right will probably come from the Koch Brothers pulling their money out of the race. As Breitbart News reported, the Kochs’ “secret bank” in the D.C. Beltway is not going to engage with the presidential election.

But it’s unclear how much damage that would actually do to Trump. Trump will not have to answer to the Koch Brothers while in office, and he will be able to appeal to Bernie Sanders supporters by proclaiming himself the man who got Koch money out of the election. Trump will still be able to raise enough money to compete, as evidenced by Sheldon Adelson’s $100 million commitment to Make America Great Again.

The Fox News poll has very positive implications for Trump going forward, but it also shows some setbacks for him.

Trump leads Clinton 45 percent to 42 percent in the poll after trailing her last month by seven points. Trump also leads 61 percent to 24 percent among white people who didn’t graduate from college. That’s a demographic that has plagued Clinton in her ongoing primary battle with Bernie Sanders. Trump also leads 46 percent to 30 percent among independents. But Clinton is dominating with blacks and Hispanics.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid..._medium=social

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar, NightTrain, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have said it before and I will say it again!

I do not care for some of his bombastic rants, but he has awakened
    long suppressed feelings of distrust and disappointment of the Liberal
    style of government. People WANT real change!

The idea of the free handouts to those that sit back and do nothing to
    better themselves is a bitter pill to swallow by the majority. There are
    some that depend on and need assistance, but they too are being squeezed
    by the blanket hand-out programs and these folks DO deserve the assistance,
    not welfare leeches.

Put the leeches and homeless panhandlers out into the fields to tend and
    harvest crops and send the illegals who suck up the freebie benefits
    back where they came from, lock, stock, and barrel!

Parents should make their kids cut the grass and trim the bushes, not hire
    under the table some Hispanic with a beat up Datsun pick-up to do it.
    Get the kids to accept responsibility, rather than spending time at the beach,
    cruising the mall, or with their face stuck in some video game or cell phone
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-20-2016 at 12:00 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond, NightTrain, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again!

I do not care for some of his bombastic rants, but he has awakened
    long suppressed feelings of distrust and disappointment of the Liberal
    style of government. People WANT real change!

The idea of the free handouts to those that sit back and do nothing to
    better themselves is a bitter pill to swallow by the majority. There are
    some that depend on and need assistance, but they too are being squeezed
    by the blanket hand-out programs and these folks DO deserve the assistance,
    not welfare leeches.

Put the leeches and homeless panhandlers out into the fields to tend and
    harvest crops and send the illegals who suck up the freebie benefits
    back where they came from, lock, stock, and barrel!

Parents should make their kids cut the grass and trim the bushes, not hire
    under the table some Hispanic with a beat up Datsun pick-up to do it.
    Get the kids to accept responsibility, rather than spending time at the beach,
    cruising the mall, or with their face stuck in some video game or cell phone
    You're not running why? Crap. You'd get my vote.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You're not running why? Crap. You'd get my vote.
    I'm not a politician...just a simple Hillbilly Boatswain's Mate!

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'm not a politician...just a simple Hillbilly Boatswain's Mate!
    Yeah and I'm a half hillbilly Alabaman and half redneck Texan. I think we'd make a better Prez/VP than current choices.. We could set up a still at the White House. Run some cattle in.

First thing I'm doing is tearing down that fucking fence that keeps people away. I ain't special. You can't listen to the people if you don't talk to them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah and I'm a half hillbilly Alabaman and half redneck Texan. I think we'd make a better Prez/VP than current choices.. We could set up a still at the White House. Run some cattle in.

First thing I'm doing is tearing down that fucking fence that keeps people away. I ain't special. You can't listen to the people if you don't talk to them.
    A still? I can rustle up a good moonshine recipe! Cattle to keep the grass cropped and fertilized?
    Not a bad idea!

The fence I would question unless you would post a squad of Jarheads in it's place.
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-20-2016 at 01:14 PM.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

A still? I can rustle up a good moonshine recipe! Cattle to keep the grass cropped and fertilized?
    Not a bad idea!
    You kidding? The staff is going to be my cousins from AL. They'd have that thing up and going before you got done reading your recipe.

No one would want me as President. The left would be crying their little asses off. Why do think I understand Trump? I'm just worse than he could ever think of being. There'd be some mass firings of bureaucrats. I don't need the secret service. I carry my own damned weapons and don't need any help.

IRS? Might as well fill out those applications at True Value.

And you can't buy me. My idea of you buying me lunch is a Big Mac. There ain't no concessions in a Big Mac.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-20-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I think Glen Beck has about lost his ever lovin mind over Trump. Have you heard his radio show lately? It's a 3 hour anti- Trump mocking rant. Un-listenable.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Elessar, PixieStix thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You kidding? The staff is going to be my cousins from AL. They'd have that thing up and going before you got done reading your recipe.

And you can't buy me. My idea of you buying me lunch is a Big Mac. There ain't no concessions in a Big Mac.
    I prefer Carl's Junior or Burger King!

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think Glen Beck has about lost his ever lovin mind over Trump. Have you heard his radio show lately? It's a 3 hour anti- Trump mocking rant. Un-listenable.
    I do not pay attention him or Rush.....both are a waste of oxygen.
    Best to not tune in at all, M'Lady!
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-20-2016 at 01:49 PM.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I honestly don't listen to any of them. Megyn Kelly, O'Reilly, and Hannity drive me nuts. It's like talking to my brother. Can I finish a sentence please?

I've never listened to Beck except by circumstance. Everyone complains about the leftwing pundits but these people have become just as bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I prefer Carl's Junior or Burger King!
    Yuck. Carl's Jr is good in SoCAL and Burger King is good in S FL. Even here ... I love Whataburger in TX. It's crap here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I honestly don't listen to any of them. Megyn Kelly, O'Reilly, and Hannity drive me nuts. It's like talking to my brother. Can I finish a sentence please?

I've never listened to Beck except by circumstance. Everyone complains about the leftwing pundits but these people have become just as bad.
    I personally like Bill Hemmer and Martha McCallum. There are smooth and
    unexcited, easy to listen to:

Bill Hemmer currently serves as co-anchor of FOX News Channel’s (FNC) America's Newsroom alongside Martha MacCallum (weekdays 9-11AM/ET). Hemmer joined the network in 2005 and is based in New York.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He's preaching the Libertarian Gospel now. Considering the dire consequences he's predicted if Trump gets elected,it probably has him a little on edge. I have no doubt he believes what he is saying and I think it is possible...But I believe Hillary is worse ,much worse, that's why I've joined the "Never Ever Hillary not in a Million Years Club"
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I heard he said God has it in for people who voted for Trump , or more accurately, those who didn't vote for Cruz ? Do you know if he actually said that?