Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default A very simple question for Republican

Republicans have known for many years that Hillary Clinton was the likely Democratic nominee in 2016. They knew exactly how dishonest she is and how unpopular she is. They also knew that the Dem fortunate have been sliding downhill for a while.
    The fact that the GOP road to the White House was so wide open is why so many candidates threw their hats into the ring.

With that in mind, why did the GOP choose one of the few people in the country that was more unpopular than Hillary?

I see it like this -- The bridge to the White House is blocked by a very large sleeping dog. All you need to do is sneak past without waking him up.
    Instead, the GOP chose the guy who started by kicking the dog.

Yes, Hillary is a really horrible person. But how can the GOP point that out when Trump is even worse?
    Talk about digging your own grave.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You're a liar and nothing you say or ask is because you want knowledge.

You want to troll. You've catfished the board and - not unlike how millions of mindless fockers would support Hillary even if she was indicted, the board just sorta lets you hang out.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Republicans have known for many years that Hillary Clinton was the likely Democratic nominee in 2016. They knew exactly how dishonest she is and how unpopular she is. They also knew that the Dem fortunate have been sliding downhill for a while.
    The fact that the GOP road to the White House was so wide open is why so many candidates threw their hats into the ring.

With that in mind, why did the GOP choose one of the few people in the country that was more unpopular than Hillary?

I see it like this -- The bridge to the White House is blocked by a very large sleeping dog. All you need to do is sneak past without waking him up.

Yes, Hillary is a really horrible person. But how can the GOP point that out when Trump is even worse?
    I've pondered this for nearly a year now and still haven't a clue. Officially I'm no longer a Republican, I changed to independent. I've always thought that a 'wishy washy' position, now I see it's a last resort.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

At this point, it's choosing the lesser of two weasels.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

6. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

I just made the mistake of hearing HITLERY giving her I HATE TRUMP speech.

That Liar knows how to TWIST WORDS,MEANINGS, AND FACTS....Better than CHUBBY CHECKER. The only thing she has on her side when she speaks is...THE Expected,Obvious Stupidity of the Uneducated people who cheer for her, and believe all of her LIES...which will be proven.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I think it is this simple.

Trump has awakened deep-felt sentiments that many people have held, but with nobody to speak up for them.
    The others in the GOP race failed because they pandered against those sentiments. Several were politically
    more capable, but fell on their faces trying to appease the Democrats to lure votes.

Hillary is dirty...her hands reek with poop. She is a liar, exaggerator, untrustworthy, whose only ability
    is a creator of fiction. I am leaving out the 'criminal' tag for the time being, but a lot of things are pointing
    to the fact she is, indeed, a criminal.

What Trump has done scares the Liberals and 'Progressives', and it is far past a wake-up call now.
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-02-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks Bilgerat, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

My take

Eight years ago we got "Hope and Change" fed to us. The "Vetting" process from the Lame Stream, Left Wing Media was non-existent.

Then we got Obamacare shoved down our throats

We sent a new group to Congress, sending a lot of Dumbocrats packing. Yet we continued to watch the left wing walk over our so called "Representatives".

We sent Republicans to take over the Senate and again we received the very same results, lip service and bending over for Obama Administration.

Now as for the pack of Candidates, their strengths and weaknesses became known fast. The mood of the folks watching became very easy to ascertain, enough was enough, things needed to change and electing professional politicians was NOT what the public wanted.

Now on the Loony Left, it's easy to see what they are about. With Obama you get the race card, with the Hildabeast you get the woman card and Bernie wants to hand out free shit.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

12. Thanks Gunny, Elessar, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

It's all part of the plan to ensure that Clinton gets to sit in the Big Chair...

The media held back on Trump until it was sure he'd get the nomination, Trump spewed meaningless and angry rhetoric that appealed to many, he made promises he knows he can never keep (don't they all?), that many found him acceptable doesn't surprise me, for those who did, good for you...

It wouldn't surprise me one iota if Trump started spouting even more incredible, unbelievable bullshit. It wouldn't surprise if he started to get offensive. All so he can "throw" the election and Clinton can spend four years further ruining the country.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe Trump really does want the job. I find it hard to believe, but maybe... Personally, I can't shake the feeling that his campaign started out as a lark, a means to further his brand and he's just as surprised as the rest of us that he is where he is...

Ah hell, who knows? Either way, Clinton or Trump, we're all going to be screwed...

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

14. Thanks fj1200, Gunny, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have to laugh at these libs who are all of a sudden us concerned with who the Gop Picks.

After they stuck on us that thug community agitating jerk/tyrant who didn't even have a full term in our Congress before he decided we needed to be blessed with his no nothing self. and the best part is look how many of his base he DUPED into actually making him the President even over that Shrillary.

and look at their two candidates they get to chose from. the crooked old corrupted witch and some older than dirt commie sympathizer the Bernie.

Again if you don't understand that the people are PISSED over being lied to and stabbed in the back by Republicans, just like Obama did to you who voted for him and ended up winning LIE OF THE year and that didn't bother you libs.. then you don't really know or understand people in this country at all, except the ones who thinks like you .Party over country
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post