Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I think it was the A-1

I was posting off memory. The A-6 was the Intruder. I stand corrected.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    we flew that one to. if i remember the Intruder had no gun

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

also the F-4 came with no gun as well. the powers that be decided modern air warfare would be with missiles. wrong and dead wrong. close air combat was a reality in Nam which meant the missile was useless close in. so in came the mother of invention. an add on vulcan was added. problem solved

the powers that be disappeared. another fault was electronic over load. the pilots were constantly looking down inside the cockpit paying more attention to all the alarms bells and whistles going off. totally distracted. this problem was cured by the HUD in later models. the F-4 was the first twin engine 2 seat fighter

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

also the F-4 came with no gun as well. the powers that be decided modern air warfare would be with missiles. wrong and dead wrong. close air combat was a reality in Nam which meant the missile was useless close in. so in came the mother of invention. an add on vulcan was added. problem solved

the powers that be disappeared. another fault was electronic over load. the pilots were constantly looking down inside the cockpit paying more attention to all the alarms bells and whistles going off. totally distracted. this problem was cured by the HUD in later models. the F-4 was the first twin engine 2 seat fighter
    I mentioned that. I just can't remember who did it. And I ain't looking. My best guess is going to be Robbin Olds. Whoever it was said screw this damned noise. The missiles back then sucked. You'd be lucky to hit the sky with them. A case where trying to be technologically brilliant backfired.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I mentioned that. I just can't remember who did it. And I ain't looking. My best guess is going to be Robbin Olds. Whoever it was said screw this damned noise. The missiles back then sucked. You'd be lucky to hit the sky with them. A case where trying to be technologically brilliant backfired.
    tombstone technology

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

tombstone technology
    I can't stand change for the sake of change. I loved my M-14. But fuck no. Let's replace it by this made by Mattel toy. I want to reach out and touch your ass at 1000 meters. Replaced my good rifle with a Hot Wheels car. Same with the SAW. I could break down an M-60 in a minute. The SAW is like carrying a bag of bricks. Then I get some jerk instructor telling me I got to hump the 60 at the small of my back. Fuck you, asswipe. I humped it over my shoulders.

These brain sturgeons need to get a damned job where they have to actually do something. They wouldn't have time to think up dumbass shit and stick it on me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I can't stand change for the sake of change. I loved my M-14. But fuck no. Let's replace it by this made by Mattel toy. I want to reach out and touch your ass at 1000 meters. Replaced my good rifle with a Hot Wheels car. Same with the SAW. I could break down an M-60 in a minute. The SAW is like carrying a bag of bricks. Then I get some jerk instructor telling me I got to hump the 60 at the small of my back. Fuck you, asswipe. I humped it over my shoulders.

These brain sturgeons need to get a damned job where they have to actually do something. They wouldn't have time to think up dumbass shit and stick it on me.
    What a crybaby you are. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Anybody happen to notice the CRAPPER on the wing? By the way. The A-6 became an important SIGNAL/RADAR destroyer for many years. From Nam, to the GULF WAR, and is still in use, but on a limited case now. Most of them were Retired. Too expensive to maintain with the endless SOFTWARE updates, being taken care of by young men, and women who were Born....long after the A-6 took to the service.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    What a crybaby you are. LOL
    The REAL crybabies are the ones that can't hump a real rifle. "It's too heavy". Wah. Grow some arms or go away. But you're missing the point. I don't mind change for the better. I hate change for the sake of change.

But there's nothing for ME to cry about. That crap happened in the first years I was in. First I get an M-16. Then they replace my .45 with a baby bullet thrower. I had to buy new sets of cammies 3 times because they wouldn't quit dicking with them. Had I stayed in one more year I'd been going on my 4th replacement set. And that's not to mention the two different sets of desert camo's I had to get. The there's changing boots all damned time. You know how much I care what color my boots are laying in the sand? Only if they don't blend in.

There's a LOT about this shit you know nothing about. And I am the "keep it simple, stupid" type. I don't need to be spending my training time learning some civilian desk jockey's latest, greatest idea.