Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My Austrian Great-Grandparents (Dad's side) went the same route in 1898.

Mom's side was clear back in 1740 from what is now Germany.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The 1st one in my direct line to come to America from Italy was in 1686 I believe. They just kept coming over after that, working hard, learning English and becoming Americans.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    The 1st one in my direct line to come to America from Italy was in 1686 I believe. They just kept coming over after that, working hard, learning English and becoming Americans.
    That is the way it is supposed to be done, not what we've had to put up with the past 70 years.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks crin63, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    My Austrian Great-Grandparents (Dad's side) went the same route in 1898.

Mom's side was clear back in 1740 from what is now Germany.
    I can't relate. My relatives were Scot-English. Mine were here before the American Revolution. The had a leg up on the language.

I DO however understand the argument. I've lived around Hispanics all my life. You want a better life? Integrate and leave that cockroach mentality where you came from.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Of course, this was a century ago. When all the immigrants were living in substandard tenements and working 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week for substandard wages. And if they got sick or injured, they were replaced by others. Because they were disposable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Of course, this was a century ago. When all the immigrants were living in substandard tenements and working 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week for substandard wages. And if they got sick or injured, they were replaced by others. Because they were disposable.
    Yet they came in droves to be Americans.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    How do you think illegals live now? They come over here, pile up 20 to an apartment, descend like locusts on the stores, work for cash, then go home on the weekend and take our money with them. But you bleeding hearts will give them schooling, medical and other social services while WE foot the bill.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Elessar, crin63, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    How do you think illegals live now? They come over here, pile up 20 to an apartment, descend like locusts on the stores, work for cash, then go home on the weekend and take our money with them. But you bleeding hearts will give them schooling, medical and other social services while WE foot the bill.
    Gabby...Get out of the house and open your eyes. I lived in Long Beach for 14 years.

Shit-house landlords convert garages to stack them in cramped quarters. You go to Lowe's or
    Home Depot down there and look at them standing around the entrance, begging menial labor work.

A Deplorable!

14. Thanks crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Gabby...Get out of the house and open your eyes. I lived in Long Beach for 14 years.

Shit-house landlords convert garages to stack them in cramped quarters. You go to Lowe's or
    Home Depot down there and look at them standing around the entrance, begging menial labor work.
    They busted the apartment next door in Alexandria where I lived. 21 illegals in a 2 bedroom apt.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They busted the apartment next door in Alexandria where I lived. 21 illegals in a 2 bedroom apt.
    I used to read such kind of stuff in the LA Times frequently. Hawaiian Gardens just out of Long Beach
    used to be a pretty nice area until the illegals and their gangs moved in.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I worked with a lot of Mexicans in the Los Angeles area. Many turned out to be illegals. They weren't here to become Americans. They were here to siphon off whatever resources they could get their hands on and send it back to Mexico. A couple of them stole every pallet, board and wood post they could get their hands on. Wiring, conduit, plumbing, piping, and steel as well. They would take it all home and then once they had a truck and trailer full they would drag it down to Mexico to build their retirement ranch. Then sneak back across the border and start over again. They bought Social Security numbers at the swap meet.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ