Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm just the opposite. I used to know how to use one of those old school registers. I've never even tried any of this scanning computer crap. The best way to beat us nowadays would be to get to our power grid. Only us older folk would know what to do. These kids nowadays that can't operate without a cellphone would be standing around like deer in the headlights. "Gee, what am I supposed to do NOW?" Here's a suggestion: the microwave don't work anymore. Might want to get on top of thinking about dinner.
    I know. Most folks these days have no clue how to live without power. I have a fireplace I could cook in, instructions on how to build a DIY backyard latrine, camping equipment, stock of batteries and candles, lantern oil, etc. and a fair amount of food supplies. The thing I would miss most is having a fan on those hellishly hot Texas days. But hey....if the pioneers could do it, so can I/we. At least, some of us could.

2. Thanks CSM, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    I know. Most folks these days have no clue how to live without power. I have a fireplace I could cook in, instructions on how to build a DIY backyard latrine, camping equipment, stock of batteries and candles, lantern oil, etc. and a fair amount of food supplies. The thing I would miss most is having a fan on those hellishly hot Texas days. But hey....if the pioneers could do it, so can I/we. At least, some of us could.
    I used to work 10 hour days in that heat. I always hated Mondays in JUly and August. Had to come out of the AC and had 5 days to go. And I would go running at 6 PM every day after work. I'll pass on all that now.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke