Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Where were the CCW holders in Florida?

Am I wrong to lay equal blame at the feet of Liberals/Progressives who keep making prey out of Americans? I know it was probably another "Gun Free Zone".

CCW in Florida is so simple to get and firearm laws reasonable.

I'm having a CCW class at my house in a couple weeks. It's for 6 states and honored in about 30 states including Florida. It won't be honored in my own state but when I travel I can use it.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Can folks carry in bars/clubs in FL? That's one question. Another is - does the demographic represent as active in CCW?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Can folks carry in bars/clubs in FL? That's one question. Another is - does the demographic represent as active in CCW?
    Guns and alcohol are a BAD mix. I wouldn't encourage THAT for anything.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yeah the solution is a load of drunk people with guns, how could that go wrong.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I don't get it - no indication the muslim was drunk.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Couldn't go any more wrong than a religious zealot with a gun. At least an alcoholic has an excuse.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Do you know anything about anything? People carry handguns for self defense. They were a last resort against varmints. The primary choice of weapons was a rifle. Still is. You see military people running around with handguns? No.

I'd rather carry a carbine than a handgun.

What I am FOR is let the locals you live with decide on the laws. If you have to check your guns when you ride into town, and the majority voted on that, so be it. If I have to check my guns because some little sissy from N Ireland decided so, kiss my ass. You wouldn't stand a chance against me if If I was stripped to my drawers. We don't run around looking for people to shoot. It isn't law-abiding citizens that are the problem here. That's what you crybabies don't get. Law abiding gun owners I've know are very responsible. The criminals and little pansies waiting on someone to save them not so much.

Grow up.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Guns and alcohol are a BAD mix. I wouldn't encourage THAT for anything.
    Do you know anything about anything?

Grow up.
    See, we're both saying the same thing, but for some reason you disagree with my viewpoint. Odd.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

See, we're both saying the same thing, but for some reason you disagree with my viewpoint. Odd.
    We have different reasons, so we aren't saying the same thing. I'm for responsible gun ownership. You believe the tool is the problem, no the hand that wields it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

as an aside: I think we should consider stop calling it a "Gay NightClub Shooting" and call it "A shooting". Their sex habits, etc, shouldn't mask the fact Americans died on our soil - again - as the result of radical islam mixed with perhaps an already-unstable person.

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

as an aside: I think we should consider stop calling it a "Gay NightClub Shooting" and call it "A shooting". Their sex habits, etc, shouldn't mask the fact Americans died on our soil - again - as the result of radical islam mixed with perhaps an already-unstable person.
    Given it looks like the attack took place because it was a 'gay club' I think it's relevant that it's described as such.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Given it looks like the attack took place because it was a 'gay club' I think it's relevant that it's described as such.
    It's a club. They are americans (likely). Their sexual habits are relevant only to those wishing them harm. They died Americans.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

We have different reasons, so we aren't saying the same thing. I'm for responsible gun ownership. You believe the tool is the problem, no the hand that wields it.
    Gunny if I said the sky was blue you'd argue that my stupid eyes are seeing a slightly different shade of blue than yours do

It's a club. They are americans (likely). Their sexual habits are relevant only to those wishing them harm. They died Americans.
    They were targeted because of their sexuality though, would you not agree?
    Last edited by Noir; 06-13-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And who hate gays the most? Who are the most intolerant? Call a spade a spade, dude.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

And who hate gays the most? Who are the most intolerant? Call a spade a spade, dude.
    If we're talking about religions, then Islam. Though it's fair to say most religions don't have a good track record when it comes to sexuality.
    Last edited by Noir; 06-13-2016 at 05:52 AM.