Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Another Thing on Pets

Here in ABQ, the fences are made from cinder blocks. Don't ask me why. I'm used to chain link or wood. But everyone in the damned place thinks they need dogs. Those cinder block walls are sounding boards/ echo chambers. The yards are tiny. Yet everyone thinks they need dogs big enough to live on a ranch. WTF?

They don't think about the animals. The think about themselves and what they want. But I get tired of listening to damned dogs barking. They just NEVER STFU. I have a hard enough time sleeping on a good day without any help from the damned termites.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Sorry, that is a pain.

Cinder block fences sound rather ugly, too.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Sorry, that is a pain.

Cinder block fences sound rather ugly, too.
    They are. I'd say it's probably due to natural resources. They usually dictate local building materials. Houses in Texas are all made of wood and we had wood or wire fences. In AL and GA they're all made of bricks with chain link fences.

I just don't know why anyone wants to pen up large dogs in these little yards. It's not fair to the animal.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Here in ABQ, the fences are made from cinder blocks. Don't ask me why. I'm used to chain link or wood. But everyone in the damned place thinks they need dogs. Those cinder block walls are sounding boards/ echo chambers. The yards are tiny. Yet everyone thinks they need dogs big enough to live on a ranch. WTF?

They don't think about the animals. The think about themselves and what they want. But I get tired of listening to damned dogs barking. They just NEVER STFU. I have a hard enough time sleeping on a good day without any help from the damned termites.
    I had two neighbors in CA that had dogs...one to the south side had a Rottie and a Pit. The fence was cedar and I had to repair it constantly
    because of those two trying to get through it.

North side had two little yapping 'chirps' that never shut up. (Chirp meaning they could not bark, only chirp).

Both sides never cleaned the yards of dog shit and on a warm day it stunk like hell.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I had two neighbors in CA that had dogs...one to the south side had a Rottie and a Pit. The fence was cedar and I had to repair it constantly
    because of those two trying to get through it.

North side had two little yapping 'chirps' that never shut up. (Chirp meaning they could not bark, only chirp).

Both sides never cleaned the yards of dog shit and on a warm day it stunk like hell.
    I'm not a dog person. I don't want to take care of them. The ankle biters are what you said ... they chirp. But I wake up at the drop of a pin. People need to think more about the animals than what they want. And I ain't no animal rights activist. Neither am I cruel to them. We have these little yards and these knuckleheads all have big dogs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not a dog person. I don't want to take care of them. The ankle biters are what you said ... they chirp. But I wake up at the drop of a pin. People need to think more about the animals than what they want. And I ain't no animal rights activist. Neither am I cruel to them. We have these little yards and these knuckleheads all have big dogs.
    Big dogs need room to roam, not penned up in a 20 x 20 yard. I'm not a dog person either,
    but I worked a night club with a Dobie and Shep...both trained by a former Army MP Handler.

The Dobie was the best thing in the house to break up a brawl!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post