Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't agree with that Liberals routinely protest, have sit-ins, and then make movies.
    To them that is standing up to the terrorists

To bad they believe the only threat to the Us and the world is Pres Bush

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I don't see a big uproar among the so-called "moderates" about these or other honor killings. So therefore the "culture" must extend quite far.

Is a man and his sons raping his daughter to death part of this "culture" as well? That's about as sick as anything that I can think of.

If these were Christians doing this we'd sure as hell see fellow Christians extracting some judgement from this sub-culture. Therefore the logical conclusion is that toleration of sickos is its part of the Muslim reigion.
    If it was part of Islam it would be happening everywhere there were Muslims right? It's not part of the culture of the biggest Islamic nation in the world - Indonesia.

Honour killings are sometimes ignored by local authorities in certain countries. The police in certain states of India - an overwhelmingly Hindu nation - had to be shamed into taking action against families who threw acid over the faces of the wives who the families believed "shamed" their sons (the wive's husbands). Mothers-in-law were burning their daughters-in-law alive in the kitchens of their homes for the same reasons. Hindu, Sikh, Muslim - the religion doesn't matter, it's the culture.

Some Christians kill people, I don't argue that killing someone is part of the Christian religion.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    If it was part of Islam it would be happening everywhere there were Muslims right? It's not part of the culture of the biggest Islamic nation in the world - Indonesia.

Honour killings are sometimes ignored by local authorities in certain countries. The police in certain states of India - an overwhelmingly Hindu nation - had to be shamed into taking action against families who threw acid over the faces of the wives who the families believed "shamed" their sons (the wive's husbands). Mothers-in-law were burning their daughters-in-law alive in the kitchens of their homes for the same reasons. Hindu, Sikh, Muslim - the religion doesn't matter, it's the culture.

Some Christians kill people, I don't argue that killing someone is part of the Christian religion.

Your point about Indonesia is well taken. It must be an arab thing, then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, it's not right, it's brutal and it's murder and totally indefensible - but it's cause is cultural and not religious, that was all I was getting at.
    It would not be cultural without the religion. whether sikh or muslim.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am still trying to figure out where the "honor" comes in, in these "honor killings."
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    I am still trying to figure out where the "honor" comes in, in these "honor killings."
    It is the Allah and virgin thing

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it must refer to their loss of honor from their evil acts of killing family members.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..................

It's all dillusional.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    It's all dillusional.
    Islam is a blast

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I have to agree with diuretic on this one it really isn't a "Muslim" thing it really is a cultural thing. Now that being said the Islamic religion with placing women as second or even third class citizens helps maintain a culture of abusing women. Without the tolerance of Islam in this area you would not have this type of behavior....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I have to agree with diuretic on this one it really isn't a "Muslim" thing it really is a cultural thing. Now that being said the Islamic religion with placing women as second or even third class citizens helps maintain a culture of abusing women. Without the tolerance of Islam in this area you would not have this type of behavior....
    The radical Muslims have shown how Islam is a dynamite Religion

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The radical Muslims have shown how Islam is a dynamite Religion
    Dont get me wrong I personally believe that Islam is terrible and all it does is restrict free thinking, freedom, and choice..

I dont understand how anyone can follow this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Dont get me wrong I personally believe that Islam is terrible and all it does is restrict free thinking, freedom, and choice..

I dont understand how anyone can follow this
    Their motto is "Convert or die"

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Islam was never a religion of peace, it is a lie, both historically and factually.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    Islam was never a religion of peace, it is a lie, both historically and factually.
    Couldn't agree more.

Islam is a religion of peace UNTILL it is in charge than it becomes a religion of oppression..

Adherents of Islam are taught to be humble and mindful untill they are i the majority and can change the laws and structure of government to meet their ideas and philosophies.

This is the thing that so many people don't see or refuse to see about this way of life. Islam is not just a religion it is a whole way of life that includes Law, Government, Banking, and all other aspects of day-to-day life.. When they are in charge you will abide by their laws or you will suffer...