Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Finding Happiness.

Here's a tip: You have everything you need; you already have what you need for happiness. Because happiness is not preventing losses in life. Losing things. Losing people. Losing money. Losing adventure. Happiness is, or is created through learning adapt to those things.

We all have needs, both physical and emotional. And we all need to consistently fulfill those needs. Just as you never eat enough to last you forever, you never love enough to last you forever, or do something important enough to last you forever. Needs — whether it’s food, love or meaning — must be replenished regularly.

And most of us live with a constant fear that the object that currently fulfills our needs will one day disappear. The person who loves us will one day cease to love us. The job that gives us security and food will one day stop giving us security and food. The creative spark that once made us happy will one day extinguish. The looks that brought us so much attention and praise will one day fade.

And so we cling to the object that fulfills that need. We try to make the lover love us. We try to make the job need us. We grasp onto the people and things that make us feel important and worthy and don’t let go.

http://markmanson.net/everything-you-need
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Here's a tip: You have everything you need; you already have what you need for happiness. Because happiness is not preventing losses in life. Losing things. Losing people. Losing money. Losing adventure. Happiness is, or is created through learning adapt to those things.

http://markmanson.net/everything-you-need
    Happiness is a fleeting thing. Internal peace is forever. Look at my profile pic. My granddaughter's birthday. My mom, both my daughters, her dad and a couple of cousins were there. She came and crawled into MY lap. THAT is happiness.

I know y'all think I'm just a grumpy old man, but I actually am not. I usually am walking around in my own little world. You have to find peace to cast out the demons. My worst enemy is my anger. It's in Pandora's Box. I keep it locked down because I am quite dangerous. Not bragging. Just saying.

If you can find inner peace, you've taken a step.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Happiness is the massive bowl of pasta I'm about to eat.
    Regret is about 20 minutes away.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

6. Thanks darin, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

^^ same. Except "Coffee" - which I adore, then it destroys me and leaves in a hurry
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Happiness is the massive bowl of pasta I'm about to eat.
    Regret is about 20 minutes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    ^^ same. Except "Coffee" - which I adore, then it destroys me and leaves in a hurry
    Y'all are certainly deep.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke