Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default I don't understand gender identity

We had this workshop thing this morning to work out how counselors were going to deal with the problems relating to gender identity. There were two speakers, a guy who discussed ethics and a "woman" who was not really a women but somewhere in between (big WTF). Here I thought I was a liberal and all and have found out that I'm really not. Because, to me, girls who look like girls are girls. Boys who look like boys are boys. I could care less if you are gay or lesbian. None of my business. But if I'm the bathroom monitor during lunch, don't come telling me that you "feel like a woman" and want to use the girl's bathroom. Homie don't play that game. The alleged female person was horrified that I didn't understand "gender feelings." I told her that if a guy wants to use the girls bathroom, he better be wearing a skirt. Because girls want to be with the girls. And if another girl asks you for a tampon, you damn better have one on you. I discussed this with my very liberated and modern high school age daughter last night. I figured she would understand these things. Instead, she told me that girls get "creeped out" at the thought of any guys in a girls restroom. She does know a transgender guy who wants to be a girl at school. But, strangely enough, he is OK with using the boys restroom. Am I going to lose my liberal standing over my failure to understand gender identity? I still hug trees and all.

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, jimnyc, revelarts, Elessar, Gunny thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Some weird points in this, example-

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I told her that if a guy wants to use the girls bathroom, he better be wearing a skirt. Because girls want to be with the girls.
    Are girls forced to wear skirts at the school?
    Last edited by Noir; 05-10-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

We had this workshop thing this morning to work out how counselors were going to deal with the problems relating to gender identity. There were two speakers, a guy who discussed ethics and a "woman" who was not really a women but somewhere in between (big WTF). Here I thought I was a liberal and all and have found out that I'm really not. Because, to me, girls who look like girls are girls. Boys who look like boys are boys. I could care less if you are gay or lesbian. None of my business. But if I'm the bathroom monitor during lunch, don't come telling me that you "feel like a woman" and want to use the girl's bathroom. Homie don't play that game. The alleged female person was horrified that I didn't understand "gender feelings." I told her that if a guy wants to use the girls bathroom, he better be wearing a skirt. Because girls want to be with the girls. And if another girl asks you for a tampon, you damn better have one on you. I discussed this with my very liberated and modern high school age daughter last night. I figured she would understand these things. Instead, she told me that girls get "creeped out" at the thought of any guys in a girls restroom. She does know a transgender guy who wants to be a girl at school. But, strangely enough, he is OK with using the boys restroom. Am I going to lose my liberal standing over my failure to understand gender identity? I still hug trees and all.

Maybe it's the beer, perhaps the hydrocodone (root canal...), but I have to say, there's nothing wrong with your POV. Especially as a mother of a teenage girl.

One thing I discovered being a parent, your views on certain things change, especially as your children grow older. Sometimes your views don't change, but you tolerate the alternative view because it's in the best interest of your child. Sometimes you just don't care because it's in the best interest of your kid...

For instance, I'm not particularly fond of the idea of abortion. I'm not militant about it by any means, but I have three daughters. One who is nowhere close to being ready to be a mother, one who is, and one who should never, ever be. To my mind, I am glad that the option exists for them, though I would never vocalize it as an option, except to the third and oldest daughter. I know I may catch some heat for this view, but until you've walked a mile in my shoes, bugger off...

So, no, Gabo, there is nothing wrong with harboring ideas and values that may not particularly jibe with what you consider "liberal values." You may be turning moderate in your old age and there's nothing wrong with that. It happens to the best of us, just look at me... I lean to the right on many issues, but I tend to be a tad more liberal on the social side.

Though this does beg the question... How does your view on this topic affect your feeling about artists (Bruce Springsteen) boycotting North Carolina?

Remember: “A boy of 15 who is not a democrat is good for nothing, and he is no better who is a democrat at 20.” - John Adams
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Okay, back to the topic...

No, you have a LONG way to go before losing that identity that is carved extremely deep into stone.

What you have done is recognized something as common sense. Common sense also makes us want to keep the rest rooms separate, and even more so if you think of a child being involved. I've heard some say (not here) that "why does it matter, there are bathroom stalls for the ladies anyway"

Really? The cuckoos, they won't think twice about bringing in recording devices and trying from below or over the top, or just trying to find ways to watch themselves. Never underestimate these weirdos.

7. Thanks Gunny, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

No, you have a LONG way to go before losing that identity that is carved extremely deep into stone.

What you have done is recognized something as common sense. Common sense also makes us want to keep the rest rooms separate, and even more so if you think of a child being involved. I've heard some say (not here) that "why does it matter, there are bathroom stalls for the ladies anyway"

Really? The cuckoos, they won't think twice about bringing in recording devices and trying from below or over the top, or just trying to find ways to watch themselves. Never underestimate these weirdos.
    Lynch has their back.

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/inde...crow_laws.html

9. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Are girls forced to wear skirts at the school?
    Of course not. What I meant to say is, if you want to use the girls restroom, you need to look like a girl.

When I was in college, I went to a few occasions where you didn't know who the girls were. Some of the drag queens were very convincing. Same with some of the male impersonators. If a drag queen is going to the womens restroom, who would know?

Which brings me to Target. I can't imagine many places more secure than Target. They have cameras everywhere. They have security everywhere. Regardless of their stated "policy," a guy going into a girls restroom better have a good reason.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

jim.....therein lies the basic problem. Common Sense, and Logic, with morality has just about totally been replaced by POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, and the WHINING of the IGNORANT to backup their WHINING.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

12. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Of course not. What I meant to say is, if you want to use the girls restroom, you need to look like a girl.
    So you have no problem with anyone using a designated toilet as long as they are 'passable' as whatever sex you think they should be?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since the libs and the PC crowd have created a bizzaro world where anything goes I have decided that I'm not playing along.I'll stay in the world that I grew up in where people still had a since of morality, dignity, and propriety.And so I've also decided if you try to invade my world with your non-sensical bullshit I will attempt tp seprate your mind from your body.That is all.
    Last edited by Atticus Finch; 05-11-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

15. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

.... Am I going to lose my liberal standing over my failure to understand gender identity? I still hug trees and all.
    In some left leaning crowds Yes you are indeed a full on heretic.
    And a hatful ignorant bigot in need of de-programing from evil old patriarchal and christian morals.

And you should not be allowed to vote based on your views because they are obviously ONLY religiously motivated with no ground in reason, fact or current fashion and therefore are verboton.
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-13-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Plus Biologly doesn't count here only Psychology.
    If they believe it, no matter WHAT the clear Biology says, then people must legally recognize it as real and accommodate it ... unless of course your beliefs are Christian that is.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So you have no problem with anyone using a designated toilet as long as they are 'passable' as whatever sex you think they should be?

that does appear to be what she is saying, and what is wrong with that????

By allowing men-who look like men- to walk into a woman's changing room/bathroom/lockerroom you are opening the door to perverts who HAVE ALL READY taken advantage in these situations.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    that does appear to be what she is saying, and what is wrong with that????
    It just creates and odd sort of system whereby she is alright with people who where born a man using a designated womans toilet as long as they look enough like a women. She doesn't appear then to actually have a problem transgender/sex people using the toilets they want to, it all comes down to general appearance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Reading this, I will tell you what I think. I think you are being a responsible parent to school age girls.
    You'll not lose Liberal status for desiring to protect other girls and women.

I do not have anything against Gays unless they try to force their behavior on me, and it could get ugly.

But....I do believe we are born with a certain biological and physiological gender, and unless one has
    undergone the surgery and hormone treatments to alter that - "You" are still what you were born as.
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-13-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

It just creates and odd sort of system whereby she is alright with people who where born a man using a designated womans toilet as long as they look enough like a women. She doesn't appear then to actually have a problem transgender/sex people using the toilets they want to, it all comes down to general appearance.
    I'll just be my usual brutal self here. If you got a d*ck, you're a boy and you use the boy's room. Gender is NOT an option. It's simple biology. You spoiled brats that want to control everything up to and including biology nowadays make me sick. You can't get a job or get of the house until you're 30 but you want to control biological fact.

Just maybe if you did get a job and get out of mommy's house y'all wouldn't have all this time to whine about stupid sh*t.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke