Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I think you misunderstand. If there is a huge disaster, it doesn't matter if you have a horse farm or a 30-gallon tank. Everything will be gone.
    Are you clued in to what is happening in the world? If I think the roof is about to fall in on this country, I can put my family on the next plane to Australia. Where I won't need a horse farm or a 30-gallon tank.

There was doomsday scenario talk back when I was in college. We looked at it like this: When the end comes, the prepared will be ready with their shelters, wealthy and supplies. All the smart people will have to do is figure out a way to take it from them.

You would be gone. I would survive. I'm not talking Doomsday. You lefties always have to twist sh*t. I'm saying IF because of your stupid leftwingnut policies I have to survive .... I will. You won't simple as that. I'm trained to. You instead want to live in your la la land of nonreality.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why should it suck? I don't know anything different. And when I run into people that haven't moved 5 miles from where they were born I am the proverbial puppy with my head cocked to one side. Been on every continent except the Arctica and Anatartica. I've been all over the world. Lived in maybe 6 or 7 different states.

Just because I have a different life doesn't mean it sucks. I don't understand y'all's crap. I've tried for years. Why wouldn't you want to go see the world? Instead you sit and watch tv news and shape your opinions of it based on that. The world is not what the media sells.

theres pluses and minuses to all. id love tp travel more than i have, no doubt. i wouldnt give up my friends though, some going back to toddler days. stability in community is usually good for children, though so are a variety of experiences. i dont think either 'suck' but provide or lack some of what the other does,

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Friends are all I have really. I have cut most ties to my blood family (please don't ask) and have made a new family made up of friends. Fellow military spouses, high school friends, college friends, and online friends. Elessar would be one of them. I love these people more than those humans whom I share blood with. And I would not have it any other way.
    Last edited by Kaimhel; 06-25-2016 at 08:47 PM.

5. Thanks Elessar, jimnyc, Kathianne, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot and 1 others thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The 2 best friends I've ever had in my life. I miss Jerome.

7. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I apologize for getting off topic.
    My friends and family are everything. I have done my best to teach my daughter the power of love. That everyone is your friend until proven otherwise. I am always amazed by her ability to make friends with people she doesn't know.
    My childhood best friends now live in Austin and Northwest England. I rarely see them, but I talk to them often. If they needed me, I would rush to their side. I know their families, their husbands and their kids.

When I became a teenager, one of the first pieces of advice that my mom gave me was "boys are transitory, best friends are forever."

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimhel View Post
    Friends are all I have really. I have cut most ties to my blood family (please don't ask) and have made a new family made up of friends. Fellow military spouses, high school friends, college friends, and online friends. Elessar would be one of them. I love these people more than those humans whom I share blood with. And I would not have it any other way.
    I have nothing to do with my family except my children/grandchildren. Once my grandparents died, that was a done deal. So I hear ya' ....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Elessar, Kaimhel, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I apologize for getting off topic.
    My friends and family are everything. I have done my best to teach my daughter the power of love. That everyone is your friend until proven otherwise. I am always amazed by her ability to make friends with people she doesn't know.
    My childhood best friends now live in Austin and Northwest England. I rarely see them, but I talk to them often. If they needed me, I would rush to their side. I know their families, their husbands and their kids.

When I became a teenager, one of the first pieces of advice that my mom gave me was "boys are transitory, best friends are forever."
    I have too. Love is what you are willing to DO for it. If I didn't have any love you think I'd spend Christmas's and birthdays on a tin can in the middle of the ocean? Greater love hath no man than he will lay down his life for another. THAT is love. Serving something more than yourself. That word means nothing otherwise.

13. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The Beatles said it best:

And in the end
    The love you take
    Is equal to the love
    You make

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The Beatles said it best:

And in the end
    The love you take
    Is equal to the love
    You make
    You should quit talking love when you lefties know is hate. If your actions don't equal your words, your words are useless. Comparing you lefties now to the Beatles then is ridiculous.

16. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post