Of course I've always admired her, but that was because I thought she was beautiful, in more ways than one. But she's an incredibly smart woman, and likely one that will take on much, if not the majority of the duties when Dad isn't around. Should he be lucky enough to win, she would likely take over the reigns of the real estate portion.

In the video, she basically acknowledges that Dad needs to stick a shoe in his mouth at times.

-----

<iframe width="590" height="332" src="http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=VideoPlayer/Single&widgetId=1&trackingGroup=69016&siteSection= thehill2300_nws_pol_sec&videoId=30811417" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"></iframe>

Donald Trump has a secret weapon as he seeks to burnish his image in Cleveland: his daughter Ivanka Trump.

A mogul in her own right, Ivanka Trump has become her father’s most effective surrogate, softening the edges of Donald Trump’s brash and often controversial presidential campaign.

And she’s being called upon to play that role again in the spotlight of this week’s Republican National Convention.

“She’s seen much differently than her father — she certainly has a classier, more reasoned reputation, and she’s beloved by a lot of the people her father is not beloved by,” said Robert Thompson, a Syracuse University communications professor.

Expectations are high for her speech, with some seeing it as the presumptive nominee’s best chance to push back on accusations of sexism.

Ivanka Trump, 34, has addressed those charges head on before, calling her father a “feminist” who has been unfairly characterized by the press.

She has won widespread praise in defense of her father, even from some of his critics.

“I think Ivanka Trump has been Donald Trump’s best surrogate,” said Doug Heye, a former Republican National Committee aide who doesn’t support Trump.

“Unlike her father, she always appears poised and thoughtful, so I’m not surprised that she has such a prominent role in the campaign and the convention.”

Like her father, Ivanka Trump was largely a household name well before his meteoric political rise. She played a pivotal role in later seasons of NBC’s “The Apprentice,” graced magazine covers for her work as a model and has her own fashion line.

She’s an active part of the family business and has emerged as a trusted adviser throughout his presidential campaign.

While much of the political world scoffed at the prospect of Donald Trump’s candidacy, it was Ivanka who took the stage in Trump Tower in June 2015 to tout her father as the only man “bold and independent” enough to put the country back on track.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ght-hand-woman