Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default WOW -- Holm defeats Rousey!

Screw pay-per-view. My daughter and I watched a live stream of the Holly Holm kicking the crap out of Rhonda Rousey. By knockout in the opening minute of the second round. Rousey was never in it. Holm was on her from the beginning. She tagged Rousey in the second round, then put her down with a head kick.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Screw pay-per-view. My daughter and I watched a live stream of the Holly Holm kicking the crap out of Rhonda Rousey. By knockout in the opening minute of the second round. Rousey was never in it. Holm was on her from the beginning. She tagged Rousey in the second round, then put her down with a head kick.
    There's no "wow". Rousey is predictable. Bumrush and Judo submission hold. Holm is a standup fighter, and big and strong and fast enough and has EXCELLENT kicking skills, and she had reach. She went in and played HER game, not Rousey's. Rousey is a one trick pony.

And I mean no offense to her. Lot of blood, sweat n tears goes into being a fighter. But I said several years ago a good stand up fighter would take her out.

And the media just couldn't help themselves. Dana White was backpedaling and Joe Rogan probably needed two crying towels. They've been up Rousey's butt for a few years. But they were already doing the subliminal rematch hints and comparing Holm to Buster Douglas. I say give the woman her due and her time in the spotlight. She flat kicked Rousey's ass.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not sure who decided it was a good idea for her to go toe to toe with a kickboxer. She wasn't going to win this unless it went to the ground and pound. That was a brutal kick to the face to end things!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Ronda Rousey Eerily Predicted How She Would Lose"

"If Ronda Rousey doesn't regain her UFC title one day, she might want to try soothsaying for a career"

8. Thanks jimnyc, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Not sure who decided it was a good idea for her to go toe to toe with a kickboxer. She wasn't going to win this unless it went to the ground and pound. That was a brutal kick to the face to end things!
    You DON'T go toe to toe with a kickboxer. THAT is actually what I did. They didn't have MMA in MY heyday. You go toe to toe with a kickboxer that has reach on you, it's not fun. And that was a perfectly executed left round kick to head that ended things.

Funny (to me anyway) note: She's from ABQ. Never heard of her. Now everyone here's a karate expert and she could run for mayor.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I like how she says "she wants to make me impatient and then kick me in the head" and that's exactly what happened. You could see the frustration in her face as she continued to charge at Holly, but it didn't matter. I'd say she should have went for the take down much more, but I honestly don't know Holly's defensive techniques and how easy/hard it would have been. She's obviously the real deal with her long history.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I like how she says "she wants to make me impatient and then kick me in the head" and that's exactly what happened. You could see the frustration in her face as she continued to charge at Holly, but it didn't matter. I'd say she should have went for the take down much more, but I honestly don't know Holly's defensive techniques and how easy/hard it would have been. She's obviously the real deal with her long history.

Exactly like she "predicted" unknowingly...at the time...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sure. She kept going for the quick takedown. It's worked for her every time. The one time she got Holm in a takedown, Holm reversed it.

Holm actually has a boxing championship. You don't fight a boxer's fight if you're a wrestler. My best guess is Rousey started believing her own hype. Thought no one could beat her. If I can get in your head, you already lost.

And I'm not just picking on Rousey. She DID need comeuppance. But how much of her persona is act and how much is real I don't know. EVERYONE hated Muhammed Ali in the 60s. And he was mostly act. Makes people pay to see him lose. So, who knows with Rousey? Hard to tell where the hype begins and ends.

I just wasn't real cool with the way Rogan and White acted about it. It was like, did you just miss that right elbow to face? Or was it the left roundkick to the head? Their girl got her ass beat. I bet Rogan peed himself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You guys are so totally correct. That video clip is amazing as well.
    My friend in England began kick boxing to get back into shape after having her first child. Her trainer said the basic strategy for a kick boxer with strong legs is to lure an opponent into lunging at you and then kick then in the side of the head. I didn't think about that until I read Gunny's comments.

What I thought was most interesting was that Rousey toured the world in the time leading up to the fight, doing interviews and appearances. Holm basically said and did nothing.
    Which strategy worked best?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You guys are so totally correct. That video clip is amazing as well.
    My friend in England began kick boxing to get back into shape after having her first child. Her trainer said the basic strategy for a kick boxer with strong legs is to lure an opponent into lunging at you and then kick then in the side of the head. I didn't think about that until I read Gunny's comments.

What I thought was most interesting was that Rousey toured the world in the time leading up to the fight, doing interviews and appearances. Holm basically said and did nothing.
    Which strategy worked best?
    I live in ABQ and never heard of her.

Depends on your kicking style how you lure someone in. I can kick over most people's heads. Most people cannot. Most kickboxers go for a round kick to the ribs or a shin kick. What I notice most of these people not doing is going to the body. If I can bust up your ribs in boring fashion, consider it done. If I can screw up your ability to move with shin kicks and foot stomps, consider it done. If you can't breathe or walk, you're not going anywhere. And any fool tries to kick ME in the head is going to have a hurt leg. That kick to the head was a finishing shot. As it should be. I'm not putting my leg above your lower ribs unless you're going down.

And if I can nail you in the face with an elbow? Think I've been arrested for that one.

As far as hype strategy goes, as I mentioned above, Rousey could just be playing heel to bring in the money. I'm not sure how MMA works, but back in the day, the fighters got a percentage of the gate. The more people you draw in, the more you make. I really don't know a lot about her because watching women act like men doesn't really entertain me. I just know she plays the heel, If she's actually THAT mean in real life, she needs a therapist. I'd bet most is propaganda to make $.

Fight strategy? Holm won. She fought her fight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Great news for me. I bet 25 bucks that Rousey would lose !!!!
    Folks, there is a reason this same fighter beat her ass last time they fought.
    I knew to bet on the previous winner and it paid off.
    Experience- personal, nobody I ever defeated came back the second time and took me out.
    A few tried but no dice, thus I went with my gut and own past experiences despite all the hype about how Rousey was going to demolish her.
    Fighting is fighting , with or without rules...
    25 BUCKS--WILL GET ME TWO BOXES OF AMMO!---Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

UFC's Dana White: I wouldn't expect Ronda Rousey back any time soon

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye...TAG=YHF7e3228e

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

21. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Cant win em all......
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

23. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post