Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You know I agree with you on Kasich, but losing Ohio doesn't strike me as a good idea.
    Well, shoot, that's a given.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Well, shoot, that's a given.
    That was the point. He should be focusing on the election, not the primary losers. Revenge doesn't play well for the winner.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That was the point. He should be focusing on the election, not the primary losers. Revenge doesn't play well for the winner.
    Are you comfortable with the whole article being based on one unnamed source?

If it is true, I think it is showing Trump's lack of experience in playing political games. Others like the Clintons do same and far worse, but keep it on the down-low much better.

As for Cruz, I will never forget what he did to Carson. He can claim no moral high ground, and deserves what he gets.

-Abbey

6. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Are you comfortable with the whole article being based on one unnamed source?

If if it is true, I think it is showing Trump's lack of experience in playing political games. Others like the Clintons do same and far worse, but keep it on the down-low much better.

As for Cruz, I will never forget what he did to Carson. He can claim no moral high ground, and deservrves what he gets.
    Listen to his 'farewell thank you to Cleveland" this morning. It's there.

Very much like Bush not taking on the MSM after 9/11 good feelings wore off. Big unforced errors.

I don't like Trump, but it seems he may win in spite of himself.

As for Cruz, I don't care. I don't think he's whom the focus should be on the day after Trump accepted the nomination though.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I won't vote for Trump or Hillary.

It's always odd to me that people talk about how we have a democratic right to vote for who we consider the best candidates.
    But then out of the other side of the mouth they say you can ONLY choose one of these 2 horrific people or you're neigh on a traitor.
    And you're helping bring Armageddon to the country.

Don't step out of party lines or we'll all die. That's always sounded like a sales pitch for the major parties to me.
    It's been my belief that the parties need the people not the other way around.
    It seems to me that it'd only take a 3rd of the VOTING public to shake the 2 parties to the core and really change the country.

IMO the 2 main party candidates are the most frightening i've seen in my lifetime.
    I'm slightly less concerned about Trump. There are some real things I agree with that I think he may in fact be sincere about.
    But that fear based, restoring "Law and Order", speech he gave was disturbing in a lot of ways to me.
    Nothing really about restoring the constitution... except by SCOTUS appointments. Why? because i doubt he's read it much (at all?) or that he sincerely cares about it that much.
    SO anyway I'll have no part in adding my support to any dangerous people. My stomach turn just imagining voting for either Trump or Hillary

Frankly I'm not sure I can vote for Johnson either. He's far to left wing socially for me. But it seems that may just be a sign of the times.
    Looks like I'll vote constitution party candidates.
    Last edited by revelarts; 07-23-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I won't vote for Trump or Hillary.

It's always odd to me that people talk about how we have a democratic right to vote for who we consider the best candidates.
    But then out of the other side of the mouth they say you can ONLY choose one of these 2 horrific people or you're neigh on a traitor.
    And you're helping bring Armageddon to the country.

Don't step out of party lines or we'll all die. That's always sounded like a sales pitch for the major parties to me.
    It's been my belief that the parties need the people not the other way around.
    It seems to me that it'd only take a 3rd of the VOTING public to shake the 2 parties to the core and really change the country.

IMO the 2 main party candidates are the most frightening i've seen in my lifetime.
    I'm slightly less concerned about Trump. There are some real things I agree with that I think he may in fact be sincere about.
    But that fear based, restoring "Law and Order", speech he gave was disturbing in a lot of ways to me.
    Nothing really about restoring the constitution... except by SCOTUS appointments. Why? because i doubt he's read it much (at all?) or that he sincerely cares about it that much.
    SO anyway I'll have no part in adding my support to any dangerous people. My stomach turn just imagining voting for either Trump or Hillary

Frankly I'm not sure I can vote for Johnson either. He's far to left wing socially for me. But it seems that may just be a sign of the times.
    Looks like I'll vote constitution party candidates.
    I agree with the thinking in most ways, it took these two though for me not to be practical enough to go the path of voting for someone who doesn't have a chance, at least in this election cycle.

Ultimately the only way to shake up the elite is to threaten to show they have no clothes.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 07-23-2016 at 07:07 AM.

12. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I agree with the thinking in most ways, it took these two though for me not to be practical enough to not go the path of voting for someone who doesn't have a chance, at least in this election cycle.

Ultimately the only way to shake up the elite is to threaten to show they have no clothes.

Great. Now I have a mental image of Trump and Clinton sans clothing...

I'll never be able to scrub that from my mind...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

14. Thanks Kathianne, revelarts, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Great. Now I have a mental image of Trump and Clinton sans clothing...

I'll never be able to scrub that from my mind...
    Oh that is ugly! LOL!

16. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have to agree

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Listen to his 'farewell thank you to Cleveland" this morning. It's there.

Very much like Bush not taking on the MSM after 9/11 good feelings wore off. Big unforced errors.

I don't like Trump, but it seems he may win in spite of himself.

As for Cruz, I don't care. I don't think he's whom the focus should be on the day after Trump accepted the nomination though.
    I think the day after was the only good time to address the two guys who did not honor their pledge. If he keeps it up, I'm with you.

-Abbey