Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Different

I've run into this more than twice. And it's not just the left that does it. Why does "different" equal "wrong" ? I'm kind of sick of it. Listening to people get all butt hurt because they think because I have a different philosophy I'm saying theirs is wrong. Go jump off a cliff. I won't stop you.

I do NOT think with my emotions. Way it is. That in no way is me saying I'm better than anyone else and I'm about tired of it being perceived that way by people that think with their emotions. Knock yourselves out.

But your emotional decisions are no better than my logical ones. My decisions meant lives. Y'all's are about dinner. I'll stick with mine. I didn't have the luxury of what I wanted. I have the luxury of what I have and how to use it.

*Prick mode on* Must be nice to get to sit around and do whatever you want at the expense of others. You get to be all emotional and think things should be as you say instead of checking out the reality of how they are.

I don't give a flying fuck what you do. Please allow me the same. After all I fought for Right to say what you think. Allow me my Rights.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You say in one sentence that you aren't better than anyone else. But then in the next you state you made decisions that saved lives, while ours are about dinner. I'm really not sure how you expect people to take such things. Or when you talk about how you can't trust people from the north, or yankees or whatever. I don't get that kind of talk, as if we're somehow different animals or something.

Who is taking away any of your rights? Or are we just going into drama mode?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You say in one sentence that you aren't better than anyone else. But then in the next you state you made decisions that saved lives, while ours are about dinner. I'm really not sure how you expect people to take such things. Or when you talk about how you can't trust people from the north, or yankees or whatever. I don't get that kind of talk, as if we're somehow different animals or something.

Who is taking away any of your rights? Or are we just going into drama mode?
    What I am saying is this: I live how I live. And we ARE different animals. I was raised in a completely different culture than you. You tend to think everyone thinks the same. Not even close. I'm Southern, Texan and a Marine. What of those can you relate to? I've lived in the north and my first wife was from NY. How many flight hours you got living in the South?

My point about the lives vs dinner is I didn't have the luxury at any point in my life to sit around and fuss about what I'm gonna cook for dinner. It's pointing out the difference. I didn't have the luxury of thinking with my emotions and don't think that's not as much a curse as a blessing.

I accept you and everyone else here for who and what they are, good or bad. So I don't need any damned snide remarks because I think differently than you. Why do you think vets tend to not talk? Because you don't understand. And that's not calling anyone stupid. It's you just don't take the time to try.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'll tell you this though ... I'm OCD and they teach you time management in the Corps. I'm definitely more efficient than you and that was probably my whole point poking at you. Some chose to be offended instead.

I don't want nor need to spend an hour washing dishes for a meal it took an hour to prepare and 15 minutes to eat. I can run dinner in less than 30 minutes and you'll have everything you need to sustain you.

I'd rather work out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Gunny, I am not sure what you are trying to say here. But I have a question.

How do you know that there aren't those here that have saved lives? How do you know how great or not so great their lives are? How do you know what any of us have done to make a difference in this world. I have actually saved lives. No,not in the same fashion, not militarily, but I have

What is wrong with wondering what you are going to feed your family?

What is luxury to you?

We live in America, it is part of being an American, blessed of God and not worrying about a damned mortar falling on your house.

You are not better than me, I am not better than you.

I find the OP bizarre. So maybe you can clear it up for us?
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

6. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What I am saying is this: I live how I live. And we ARE different animals. I was raised in a completely different culture than you. You tend to think everyone thinks the same. Not even close. I'm Southern, Texan and a Marine. What of those can you relate to? I've lived in the north and my first wife was from NY. How many flight hours you got living in the South?

My point about the lives vs dinner is I didn't have the luxury at any point in my life to sit around and fuss about what I'm gonna cook for dinner. It's pointing out the difference. I didn't have the luxury of thinking with my emotions and don't think that's not as much a curse as a blessing.

I accept you and everyone else here for who and what they are, good or bad. So I don't need any damned snide remarks because I think differently than you. Why do you think vets tend to not talk? Because you don't understand. And that's not calling anyone stupid. It's you just don't take the time to try.
    Perhaps there are differences, but you're the only one bring them up and pointing them out. What snide remarks, outside of this thread, are you talking about?

And who doesn't take the time for what? I'm right here, ain't I? I'm not the one dismissing you for ANY reason, whether that be battle tested reasons, or geographical reasons.

And you're going to be dismissive of me, of New York, of other millions and millions - because your ex was from NY? Talk about your large brushes. But I suppose that's another difference. Because I know some southern assholes, and have met some of the dumbest people on earth while down there - and I didn't think for a second to paint everyone from Georgia to New Mexico the same.

I guess me just be a dumb 'ol Yankee!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The only cliff I could find was at the end of my block. It's not much of a drop, probably like 10 feet or so and you land in the school grounds. I went and jumped as asked. It didn't knock me out. But getting older, it also wasn't very pleasant either.

Was I supposed to dive, like head first? Maybe that would have worked better?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I agree with that...some try to push vets into a corner and pin them down.

Personally, I think you need to take 5 and relax a little. Very few here are your enemy and
    you are highly respected and admired just for being You.

You can be outright silly at times, but when you put on your game face, folks stand up and take notice.

To me...never think you have to change Who and What you are. I can brush off some comments;
    some I go right after.
    Last edited by Elessar; 07-20-2016 at 06:38 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I gotta go worry about what's for dinner
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people. ~Theodore Roosevelt~

12. Thanks Kathianne, Elessar, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post

How do you know that there aren't those here that have saved lives? How do you know how great or not so great their lives are? How do you know what any of us have done to make a difference in this world. I have actually saved lives. No,not in the same fashion, not militarily, but I have

Snipped for brevity....

Good Post @PixieStix...

I've been responsible for saving hundreds and assisting thousands. Different jobs and
    different missions than the Marines. They would rather protect and save than take lives.
    Killing is distasteful to a stable person. Bank on that! Just like Cops...Bank on that as well.

But they all count as one very tight brotherhood in my view.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PixieStix View Post

What is wrong with wondering what you are going to feed your family?

What is luxury to you?

We live in America, it is part of being an American, blessed of God and not worrying about a damned mortar falling on your house.

Nice. But irrelevant. And you of all people know to not start this crap with me. I don't tell anyone what to do and you KNOW that.

This doesn't concern you. And you're lost in the sauce in this thread. I created it so I wasn't derailing someone else's. You couldn't get your own dinner if it walked up in your yard. That is NOT the point.

The point is y'all are as weird to me as I am to you. Well, you ain't. Y'all see "wrong" and I see "different". There's nothing about freedom nor democracy that mentality represents. Rather, it represents oppression. "Think like me or you're wrong". A complete lack of understanding. Fuck that BS.

But you of all people know if you come after me at some point I'm coming back at you, guns loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

But you of all people know if you come after me at some point I'm coming back at you, guns loaded.
    Sure, because I see everyone attacking you left and right.

I've not attacked you, only defended what I saw was retarded jabs at a large swath of people, that includes myself. And even then I never attacked you. I guess you don't like when a Yankee defends his land?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm dropping out of this one. I have NO ISSUE WITH ANYONE.

I have no issue with anyone from the south.

I have no issue with veterans, I love them.

I do take issue if someone mocks folks from the north, just because we're from the north. That's just kinda dumb.

But I still have no issues. I have nothing to defend.

17. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sure, because I see everyone attacking you left and right.

I've not attacked you, only defended what I saw was retarded jabs at a large swath of people, that includes myself. And even then I never attacked you. I guess you don't like when a Yankee defends his land?
    I never said you did. (Attack me). But you're missing my point. A couple of snide remarks were made about me. My only emotion is anger.

Not sure about your last sentence? Invading Virginia isn't defending anything.

So let's switch topics. I'm Southern. Born and bred. We don't call y'all yankees anymore than y'all act like we're ignorant animals and you need to think for us. I honestly say it tongue in cheek.

What I don't like is people refusing to recognize there IS a difference between us. Our cultures are different. It's the same mentality that drives me nuts about thinking we're going to instill democracy in the Middle East. They don't think like us.

I'm at a loss about this "yankee" thing. Y'all are NOT like us. Never have been. But you'll call us "Southerners" in a second. I don't give a crap where you're from nor what you eat.

The whole point here is about mentality and situation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Gunny, can I ask why you are perpetually in self defense mode? Any why you think you are still at war with whatever enemies you have conjured up to do battle with?

But your emotional decisions are no better than my logical ones. My decisions meant lives. Y'all's are about dinner. I'll stick with mine. I didn't have the luxury of what I wanted. I have the luxury of what I have and how to use it.
    Your decisions no longer mean lives. Your current decisions are about dinner, just like ours. A lot of people grow up poor. A lot of people served in the military. They did their time. They fought for us, they saved lives, they watched as others lost their lives. The ones that came home don't think about their past life anymore. They would prefer to think about dinner.

Like it or not, you DO think with your emotions. This thread is about your emotions. You were sitting around feeling butt hurt because you think others do whatever they want at your expense. So you got all emotional wrote things instead of checking out the reality of how others are.

In many of your comments, you talk about how you get upset when people thank you for your service. You don't want to be thanked because you were just doing your job.
    Then there are times (like this thread) where you feel the need to tell us (over and over) that you deserve special privileges because you fought in the military.

Dude, I respect your service. But you are not more special than anyone else on this board. And you need to start thinking more about dinner and less about the perceived enemies at your doorstep.