Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Hey did ya miss me?

Just kidding....but I am getting beat up on other forums over the Trump thing.Never Trumpsters are a hard headed bunch.Anyway,this place is far less contentious.It's like the eye of the storm here.How's everyone here doing anyway?
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    Just kidding....but I am getting beat up on other forums over the Trump thing.Never Trumpsters are a hard headed bunch.Anyway,this place is far less contentious.It's like the eye of the storm here.How's everyone here doing anyway?
    Doing well. Welcome back.

Trump/Pence 2016. All the way. Feel better?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

They sure are. Politics are a blood sport; kind of always have been, though.

We're all good, I think, thanks.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks Kathianne, Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Welcome back, Hillbilly!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Atticus Finch thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Doing well. Welcome back.

Trump/Pence 2016. All the way. Feel better?
    as you know I was a Cruzer and still am but, that's water over the damn.We CANNOT allow that whore of Babylon anywhere near the Oval Orifice.Trump I do not like but he is the nominee and I am a team player.I will not let this country descend into liberal Hell over an exaggerated sense of sanctity of my principles like some will.
    Bitter Clinger since 1957

9. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Our opinions here are probably the same as anywhere else. We basically just called a truce. It's not worth fighting over. He's the Republican nominee and the best shot at keeping Hitlery out.

FYI, I am not a Trump fan. Several here are. Regardless what happens in the GE, we still got to live with each other here. No use having bad blood over something no single one of us controls.

And honestly, I didn't know you were gone. I've had my very own Palestinian entertainment system lately. The boy needs a SERIOUS history class.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Gunny...

WVA Hillbillies are really similar to Texans...

HATE big cities and admire country folk....simple country folk.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Gunny...

WVA Hillbillies are really similar to Texans...

HATE big cities and admire country folk....simple country folk.
    I loved West Virginia. I went there more than twice. It would be on myu short list of places to go if you could find a damned job in the place. I don't like cities at all. But they are where the work is.

Yes, I grew up in San Antonio and S FL mostly, but we always lived in the boonies. I was stationed as a Marine in Virginia more than once. Once at Little Creek and then Arlington.

One of my trips to W VA was I got toasted in Point Royal and thought I was heading back to Alexandria. Nope, "Wrongway" here was drove right in W VA. I just gave it up and slept it off in my Jeep.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I loved West Virginia. I went there more than twice. It would be on myu short list of places to go if you could find a damned job in the place. I don't like cities at all. But they are where the work is.

Yes, I grew up in San Antonio and S FL mostly, but we always lived in the boonies. I was stationed as a Marine in Virginia more than once. Once at Little Creek and then Arlington.

One of my trips to W VA was I got toasted in Point Royal and thought I was heading back to Alexandria. Nope, "Wrongway" here was drove right in W VA. I just gave it up and slept it off in my Jeep.
    Next road trip try Canaan Valley near Davis WVA. Blackwater Falls is nearby.
    Talk about desolate! Many people have trekked into that valley in the winter and never been found!

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Next road trip try Canaan Valley near Davis WVA. Blackwater Falls is nearby.
    Talk about desolate! Many people have trekked into that valley in the winter and never been found!
    Been to Harper's Ferry a few times. I don't know why the Corps or my mom for that matter has this mentality "this is where it happened". Well, it ain't happening now and I'm bored to tears. All I see is an old armory.

And I'll tell you this from being in Ford's theater ... If Lincoln was as tall as they say he was he was sporting some serious high waters. I looked the suit he was wearing and I couldn't have gotten into that think with WD 40.

Then there was Gettysburg. My Captain was like a damned puppy. All excited. "What do you see, SSgt?" A cow pasture, sir.

I think guys lied back then like they do now. I'm THIS tall. Why are you shorter than me then? If Washington actually slept in his bed at Mt Vernon and was over 6' tall, he'd have had a lot of leg hanging the end of that bed. I'm 5'10" and my feet would have been over the end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'm STILL laughing though, bub. I'm sitting it in this picnic area in the Shenandoahs wondering how the f*ck did I get here? And My Jeep was stick.

The other goofy crap I could do was get into the district and to the bar and I could never get out of the damned place. I ended up at Langley once. Facing the Potomac. It's like okay, 14th Street tuns into I 395 and I lived a block off of it. How hard is this? But oh Hell no ... let's tour NoVa at 2AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm STILL laughing though, bub. I'm sitting it in this picnic area in the Shenandoahs wondering how the f*ck did I get here? And My Jeep was stick.

The other goofy crap I could do was get into the district and to the bar and I could never get out of the damned place. I ended up at Langley once. Facing the Potomac. It's like okay, 14th Street tuns into I 395 and I lived a block off of it. How hard is this? But oh Hell no ... let's tour NoVa at 2AM.
    Road trips at 2 a.m. are infamous. Drove from Fairmont WV to Keyser and back at that time in the morning
    during the winter, 95 miles one way. Looking back, that was nuts! My date had to squat over a snow covered log to pee!

A Deplorable!

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Road trips at 2 a.m. are infamous. Drove from Fairmont WV to Keyser and back at that time in the morning
    during the winter, 95 miles one way. Looking back, that was nuts! My date had to squat over a snow covered log to pee!
    Yeah, I quit drinking awhile back and quit driving when drinking a long time ago. You're right. It's nuts. My current GF would burst before doing that. My former GF was taking a piss. She was just like pull over. I used the backside of a chicken house for years. I thought it was normal. Current GF doesn't think so.

People shouldn't be so uptight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Here's some factoids for you.

Tommy Lee Jones livee just north of SA. He's a total prick. And not a whole bunch smart. We weren't allowed to use his bathroom. So we peed all over his bushes. He loved his yard. He's pays up the ass during water rationing to keep it going. A maid would be cheaper than piss on your plants.

Conversely, Stone Cold Steve Austin was like piss on the bush. When y'all get done I got Steve-weisers. I remember the first time I met him. He ain't as small as TV makes him out to be. He was me on steroids. He said so you think you're me? I told him real quick I was him before he was.

My troops would call me Stone Cold. I'm like WTF is a THAT? They're like don't you watch wrestling. No. So I cranked it on and here comes this ass with a shaved head wearing cutoffs talking all kinds of redneck shit. I was LMAO. I came up to his nose, maybe. Dude was a trip.

You work on his house he provides the refreshments.