Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Jfk

What a long-winded f*cker. This dude can talk longer than Hitlery. I wonder if he was breathing?

You know he won the electoral vote but won by less than 1% of the popular vote?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Kennedy's "Secret Society Speech"

He was not only a great president but a great human being. He was so great that dead people
    in Chicago voted for him. Some of them did so twice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    Kennedy's "Secret Society Speech"

He was not only a great president but a great human being. He was so great that dead people
    in Chicago voted for him. Some of them did so twice.
    Thats not great, voting two or three times for the same dem candidate is quite common in dem controlled areas, even from those legions of dead dem voters that come back to vote..
    Its so common now that everybody turns a blind eye to it...-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What a long-winded f*cker. This dude can talk longer than Hitlery. I wonder if he was breathing?

You know he won the electoral vote but won by less than 1% of the popular vote?
    It happens that the electoral vote is won, without the popular vote, that less than 1% was likely Cook County:

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/pre...-popular-vote/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It happens that the electoral vote is won, without the popular vote, that less than 1% was likely Cook County:

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/pre...-popular-vote/
    I am not a fan of the electorate. It means my vote only counts if some delegate decides it does.

That's taxation without representation to me. What did we commit treason against our King for again?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Electoral college is the worst system of election. Except for all the others.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Hey, I've got a great idea! Direct democracy! Embrace it, love it, live it! Great success historically! Hell, get rid of all limitations on the franchise!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hey, I've got a great idea! Direct democracy! Embrace it, love it, live it! Great success historically! Hell, get rid of all limitations on the franchise!
    Has to be some happy medium between that and Little Debbie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Quit bringing her up, asshole. Let's just all pretend she's gone. She's already got 2 threads. Screw the 3-peat crap.

If you see her in a crosswalk ... I'll swear you were at my house.

12. Thanks Black Diamond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

More direct democracy! It's working wonderfully!

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articl...ng-ago-but-why

Democratic Machine Chose Clinton Long Ago. But Why?

<time class="Hzw8hyP5BimGTuKF0h2Sz " datetime="2016-07-25T19:45:22.605Z" data-reactid=".1ffuxtthq80.0.3.0.1.2.1.$OAVYVM6KLVRV01. 0.3.1.0" style="box-sizing: border-box; letter-spacing: 0.1em;">JULY 25, 2016 2:45 PM EST</time>

By Megan McArdle

“If Trump wins (or comes close),” writes my friend Tim Lee, “liberals are going to need a better answer than writing half the electorate off as racist.”

As the Democratic National Convention lurches off to a chaotic start, let me offer one answer: Hillary Clinton is a terrible, terrible candidate.

Don’t get me wrong: Trump is a terrible candidate too. Both of them have appallingly high unfavorable ratings, and enough name recognition that those unfavorables aren’t likely to change all that much. But the Republican Party can at least say that their problem candidate was foisted upon them when a series of cosmically unlikely decisions by no-hope candidates split the party’s normal factions just long enough for Trump to consolidate what was left over. The Democrats chose Clinton. Indeed, her party actively beat back alternatives, funneling all the money and the attention to Clinton, who brought all the well-known Clinton baggage with her, and sadly, did not bring any of her husband’s charm, charisma, or skill at working an audience.

Before I go on, I should stop and say: this is not about whether Clinton would be a good president. This is about getting to the Oval Office in the first place. We are not living under a parliamentary system where the party leadership can decide, after a brief internecine squabble, who gets to sit in the big chair. In American politics, you have to actually get elected. It’s not enough to be effective at party politics, or even a wizard at policy. You have to actually be good at making people like you. Something that Clinton has never shown much aptitude for.

Being only middling likable myself, I’m certainly sympathetic. But you see, this is one reason that I am not running for president, and why, if I ever suggested such a daft thing, I would hope that the people around me would stage a tactful yet firm intervention. Instead, everyone around her rushed to enable her dream -- and put the party in a position where it now has a real shot at making her the woman who lost the Oval Office, not just to Barack Obama, but also to Donald Trump, a man who clearly struggled over whether to distance himself from the Ku Klux Klan; a man who stage-managed his own convention into a series of own-goals, from his wife’s plagiarized speech to the sight of a primary rival getting booed off the stage; a man who started off his post-convention campaign by rambling about a theorized connection between said primary rival’s dad and the man who shot President Kennedy. Bill Clinton could have defeated Trump with one hand tied behind his back, a bag over his head, and a debilitating case of laryngitis. His wife is, at this point, struggling to hold even. I still think she’s a favorite to win. But it never should have been close enough for anyone to care about the size of Trump’s post-convention bounce.

How can we explain this? For one thing, I think Clinton’s candidacy -- like Trump’s candidacy, in its own, very different way -- points to the fatal weakness of the political parties. Decades of “good government” reforms have systematically stripped the power that parties once had: to control money, to control committee assignments, to control how much pork politicians get to brag about to the voters back home. What’s left is a hollow shell that cannot effectively respond to either grassroots insurgencies or to outsize figures who effectively turn the party apparatus to their own ends. If you think, as I do, that parties play a vital role in organizing political action toward coherent goals and long-term accountability, that’s something that should worry you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yeah, they keep using that "each state shall ...." excuse. In the meantime, very few people actually know how the system works. They think their vote counts because they're told to think that. What they don't realize is their vote counts at the local and state level.

Texas is always reported as a red state. The fact is, at the local level, it's anything but. San Antonio is run by Dems at every level. And they will re-district you right out of existence.

It behooves the Dems to keep the electoral college. They'd be screwed otherwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    There's no happy medium with her name in the sentence. My idea of a happy medium with her is chaining an anchor around her neck and tossing her over the rail.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah, they keep using that "each state shall ...." excuse. In the meantime, very few people actually know how the system works. They think their vote counts because they're told to think that. What they don't realize is their vote counts at the local and state level.

Texas is always reported as a red state. The fact is, at the local level, it's anything but. San Antonio is run by Dems at every level. And they will re-district you right out of existence.

It behooves the Dems to keep the electoral college. They'd be screwed otherwise.
    The answer is more direct democracy! Bring it on, live it, love it! Working great!