Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

JFK banged Marilyn Monroe, that makes him one hell of a president in my book. Look who Slick Willy was banging. Monica Lewinsky? C'mon, no comparison,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    JFK banged Marilyn Monroe, that makes him one hell of a president in my book. Look who Slick Willy was banging. Monica Lewinsky? C'mon, no comparison,
    I'll tell you right now I don't approve of screwing around on one's partner. At the same time, of all the things Bill can be blamed for, I never blamed him for Monica. I DO find her abhorrent, but look at who he is married to. I'd buy some sheep before touching Hillary. They were getting a divorce when they decided to stay together to run for President. I would have told him to ditch the baggage.

JFK I'm not that up to snuff on. I was 3 when he got murdered and living in Turkey. The first President I remember was LBJ. Was a different world then. The media covered the Presidents' asses. That all changed mostly with Nixon. He made an enemy of the media and they let him have it.

I was just watching this old speech on C-Span Kennedy made. He went on and on. That is NOT effective speaking. Nixon's speech was actually better. He was the better candidate in 60. He was not however media friendly.

To me, the 1960 campaign did more to define US than it did the candidates.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

They say Nixon was the better candidate - on radio. On TV, Kennedy was the clear winner. The TV made Kennedy president.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    They say Nixon was the better candidate - on radio. On TV, Kennedy was the clear winner. The TV made Kennedy president.
    The TV has made most of our Presidents since then. The last 2 elections plus this one have been the worst. The created Obama. He's incompetent. They've also made sure the right has had sure losers.

Had Robert Kennedy not been assassinated, he'd have beaten Nixon and look at his game. He was a total weasel in Congressional hearings, then comes off as this nice guy running for President.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The TV has made most of our Presidents since then. The last 2 elections plus this one have been the worst. The created Obama. He's incompetent. They've also made sure the right has had sure losers.

Had Robert Kennedy not been assassinated, he'd have beaten Nixon and look at his game. He was a total weasel in Congressional hearings, then comes off as this nice guy running for President.
    i am one of the few who thinks RFK doesn't even win the nomination.

i agree about RFK being a weasel and then coming off as a nice guy. Some say his brother's murder changed him.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    i am one of the few who thinks RFK doesn't even win the nomination.

i agree about RFK being a weasel and then coming off as a nice guy. Some say his brother's murder changed him.
    Hard to say. Footage from then is sketchy. I know historically he hated LBJ. LBJ not running was gift from Heaven.

I also remember the times. I think RFK would have won. He was so popular it wasn't funny. And he was media friendly. His assassination shattered the DNC. They had 3 different people running in the end.

The irony is, if you look at what Nixon did, he'd have to run as a Dem today. He was totally big government. Biggest thing I remember was that 55 mph speed limit. Making a deal with the Devil and claiming peace with honor. What honor? You mean all those guys just died for nothing because you made a promise? Deja vu, Barrak.