Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Olympics?

I tried to watch, just couldn't get into it. Rio is a bad venue, way too dangerous and that is regarding crime, not to mention the water and air pollution.

Too many commercials.

Anyone liking so far?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No hockey = bad olymipics.
    The good olymipics are in two years time.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

3. Thanks sundaydriver, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Figures you'd watch hockey. No hockey means EXCELLENT. If they'd get rid of soccer it'd be WAY better.

Some of this crap is ridiculous. Air rifle shooting is a sport? But you can't ever find real sports like the weightlifting or boxing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I tried to watch, just couldn't get into it. Rio is a bad venue, way too dangerous and that is regarding crime, not to mention the water and air pollution.

Too many commercials.

Anyone liking so far?
    Do we need to change your name to Ms Boycott? I agree with you about Rio, but politics will not allow it to go away. I blame the IOC. Brazil has been a known crap hole for years and years. This is not something new. There has been show after show on the place. It's a political decision.

SInce the sports I watch are mostly indoor sports, it won't affect me watching much. As an athlete? I wouldn't go and not solely because of the sewage. As you pointed out, the crime rate there is horrendous. Life is cheap in 3rd rate countries. The poorer they are, the cheaper life is.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Some of this crap is ridiculous. Air rifle shooting is a sport? But you can't ever find real sports like the weightlifting or boxing.
    There are literally boxing and weightlifting events taking place in the next few hours.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I like the Swimming, Track and Field, Wrestling, Gymnastics, and Archery.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

There are literally boxing and weightlifting events taking place in the next few hours.
    Yeah. And what do I have? Women's handball. I'm not paying half my income for the crap NBC likes to separate and charge for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It's all too much glitz and sequins, the athletes look like Disney characters. A male gymnast broke his leg doing a vault, that makes things interesting. The Olympics in 1972 was interesting, maybe this year we'll see some athletes wash up in that polluted harbor.

I think they should have a killer virus at every Olympics. This year Zika, in two years for the Winter Games the Spanish Flu, then in 2020 maybe something like the Black Plague. "Bring out you dead! Bring out your dead!"

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    It's all too much glitz and sequins, the athletes look like Disney characters. A male gymnast broke his leg doing a vault, that makes things interesting. The Olympics in 1972 was interesting, maybe this year we'll see some athletes wash up in that polluted harbor.

I think they should have a killer virus at every Olympics. This year Zika, in two years for the Winter Games the Spanish Flu, then in 2020 maybe something like the Black Plague. "Bring out you dead! Bring out your dead!"
    That's funny. Sad but true. In 72 we 3 channels and got to see better stuff than you can on all 7 million channels NBC owns now.

ESPN is worthless. Some leader in sports channels. Two days of listening to Bret Favre. I like the guy, but come on. The HOF speeches? They talked longer than Obama does. Each. Somebody put the Energizer Bunny up Tony Dungy's butt. He wouldn't shut up and I fell asleep. Literally.

Get to the gymnastics and swimming already. If I want to watch an equestrian "sport" I'll turn on rodeo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I too prefer the Winter Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Figures you'd watch hockey. No hockey means EXCELLENT. If they'd get rid of soccer it'd be WAY better.

I watched Women's Rugby yesterday and it was pretty rough & tumble. Ya know like when you used to play football with girls.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    I too prefer the Winter Olympics.

I watched Women's Rugby yesterday and it was pretty rough & tumble. Ya know like when you used to play football with girls.
    I'll start a new thread on this topic of gender. This is someone else's thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

My wife and daughter will probably turn that nonsense on at some point. I enjoy the Winter Olympics but the Summer Olympics are so boring.

The only sport I watch throughout the year is Hockey. Baseball, basketball, and football are all boring to me. I quit watching baseball and football in the 80's. Never did watch basketball. Started watching hockey after my 1st LA Kings game October 9th, 1993.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    My wife and daughter will probably turn that nonsense on at some point. I enjoy the Winter Olympics but the Summer Olympics are so boring.

The only sport I watch throughout the year is Hockey. Baseball, basketball, and football are all boring to me. I quit watching baseball and football in the 80's. Never did watch basketball. Started watching hockey after my 1st LA Kings game October 9th, 1993.
    I watch the sports I can relate to. I played baseball, football and basketball. Used to do Olympic lifting and I'm a martial artist. I've never been a girl. I've watched maybe 2 total minutes of hockey in 56 years. I watch what I can relate to.

The winter Olympics are worthless to me. I'm in for the gymnastics and swimming. Haven't seen any weightlifting since the 80s. I'd dump half the crap they call sports and put some real ones in. Games are not sports.

16. Thanks Elessar, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Rio is a disgrace. Damn kayaker got flipped over because he ran into a damn SOFA in the water!! At least it wasn't a dead body as they said they found, or actual feces. But that "super bacteria" probably got him!

18. Thanks Kathianne, Elessar, crin63 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Rio is a disgrace. Damn kayaker got flipped over because he ran into a damn SOFA in the water!! At least it wasn't a dead body as they said they found, or actual feces. But that "super bacteria" probably got him!
    Allowing third world cess-pools to host the Games needs to be strongly re-considered!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post