Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Lmao!

I don't know which Marine Corps y'all are from, but I was just watching NCIS LA. The trailer is silver, has a big Marine Corps sticker and say Supply, Camp Pendleton. And they're working out of the 23 Area air station.

I'm like what alternate universe do you live in? Supply is on mainside for one thing. Second, I've never seen a supply vehicle that said "Supply" on it. Want to get jumped on deployment? Be sure and let the locals know who you are and what you got. And all military vehicles on CamPen are camo, not out of the factory silver.

Not to mention why would NCIS LA (whoever they are to begin with) handle the job when you've got the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force on CamPen complete with and NCIS team?

Need a better technical adviser on this one.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't know which Marine Corps y'all are from, but I was just watching NCIS LA. The trailer is silver, has a big Marine Corps sticker and say Supply, Camp Pendleton. And they're working out of the 23 Area air station.

I'm like what alternate universe do you live in? Supply is on mainside for one thing. Second, I've never seen a supply vehicle that said "Supply" on it. Want to get jumped on deployment? Be sure and let the locals know who you are and what you got. And all military vehicles on CamPen are camo, not out of the factory silver.

Not to mention why would NCIS LA (whoever they are to begin with) handle the job when you've got the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force on CamPen complete with and NCIS team?

Need a better technical adviser on this one.
    gunny. You do know.....it's a fictional program, don't you? They use a fictional license (the writers) to identify anything they want, any way they want. TV, and MOVIES do a lot of that stuff.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    gunny. You do know.....it's a fictional program, don't you? They use a fictional license (the writers) to identify anything they want, any way they want. TV, and MOVIES do a lot of that stuff.

I know it's fictional. But I'm a tech freak from WAY back. I cannot STAND Civil War movies where they're carrying 1873 Colt Peacemakers. Another one you can thank Clint for. He brought back the Colt Navy cap n ball in Josey Wales. I was like it's about damned time someone got something correct.

I was just surprised about the NCIS LA episode because Mark Harmon is so technically proficient in the original NCIS. He's got a Gunny down pat. He didn't come up with that on his own. He's got to have a technical advisor and do his homework.

But passing off LL Cool J as a SEAL? I want to know where. If you can go through the training they do and carry that body mass? All they do is swim and run. I was just a dumb grunt and had to tone down on the lifting because it was hurting my running. And I used to play basketball with those guys. They'd pipe them over to MCRD from Coronado to do their Corpsman thing.

I just thought it was a better topic than politics. I hate election years. I get so burnt out from that crap.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke