Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Change in ignore options

All members are now able to place anyone that they are unhappy with on ignore, and that includes all staff members.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I guess that is a good feature for some folks. I never use ignore though.
    I'll just bypass responding to something or someone.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    No kidding. right? You need an option to control others? Wonder which side of the aisle that came from.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No kidding. right? You need an option to control others? Wonder which side of the aisle that came from.
    And then there's this

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

6. Thanks Gunny, crin63, Elessar, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"Ignore" is for pussies.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

8. Thanks Gunny, Elessar, fj1200, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    "Ignore" is for pussies.
    I did not want to say that, but I really fully agree.

Shit...just bypass something is all that is needed.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

10. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    "Ignore" is for pussies.
    I honestly don't know where it is. If I want to ignore someone and not be a little bitch about it, I got a tv right behind me and I know how to log out.

Bunch of babies.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Let me rephrase. Y'all get off Jim's ass. He's done his best to try and make everyone happy to include the existence of this board. This whiny shit don't cut it. If you ain't on here to debate without crying like a bitch, go mow your lawn.

14. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'd say that's a positive change, ignore would be a forum tool I'd use very rarely (5 times in over 7 years) but the option to use it shouldn't be restricted by a staff privilege - though the original case for having it was so all staff couldn't be blocked which is sensible enough.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I'd say that's a positive change, ignore would be a forum tool I'd use very rarely (5 times in over 7 years) but the option to use it shouldn't be restricted by a staff privilege - though the original case for having it was so all staff couldn't be blocked which is sensible enough.
    Positive my ass. There's no staff privilege. There's staff responsibility. You're screwing yourself because you took away our ability to just tell you to knock it off. That means we'll just have to thread ban your ass.

Be careful what you wish for.

You think there's some "staff privilege"? You mean like having to deal with pain the asses? Not to mention crybabies that think they get to say what they want without answering for their mouth. You're a pussy. You can't even man your own line. You talk garbage and want us all to just shut up when you do. Why are you even here if you are incapable of debate?

And it takes a 1st grade education to get around ignore, punk. And I passed 2nd grade.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-15-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm not sure why Jim decided to add this on Sunday.
    I didn't even know it's had been impossible to put admins/mods on ignore. But seems to me if a person wants to use ignore for the short or long term they should have the ability too. Even if some think they are "Pu--ies" or whatever for doing so. Gunny i'm not sure why you want to try and shame others into doing things your way here. Or just insult others for not doing it your way. Seems weird... and A55H--ish of you. Especially when you've told us how you think others should "be themselves" etc..

But from my POV what happened Sunday morning was I PMd Jim to try and keep part of our debate OFF board and next thing i know he's telling me not to PM him... anymore ever unless it's a board problem. And telling me that IF i wanted to ignored him that i could now. But i never mentioned ignoring him. not once. So it seems out of left field.

Then all this talk about crybabies and pu---ies from Gunny, a MOD, and echoed by a few others. Which, in some basakwards way, seemed to be trying to ENCOURAGE people to continue debating on the board no matter what and be civil about it.
    Yeah that's real helpful Gunny LOL!
    Drill sergeant motivation at it's best.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-15-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'm not sure why Jim decided to add this on Sunday.
    I didn't even know it's had been impossible to put admins/mods on ignore. But seems to me if a person wants to use ignore for the short or long term they should have the ability too. Even if some think they are "Pu--ies" or whatever for doing so. Gunny i'm not sure why you want to try and shame others into doing things your way here. Or just insult others for not doing it your way. Seems weird... and A55H--ish of you. Especially when you've told us how you think others should "be themselves" etc..

But from my POV what happened Sunday morning was I PMd Jim to try and keep part of our debate OFF board and next thing i know he's telling me not to PM him... anymore ever unless it's a board problem. And telling me that IF i wanted to ignored him that i could now. But i never mentioned ignoring him. not once. So it seems out of left field.

Then all this talk about crybabies and pu---ies from Gunny, a MOD, and echoed by a few others. Which, in some basakwards way, seemed to be trying to ENCOURAGE people to continue debating on the board no matter what and be civil about it.
    Yeah that's real helpful Gunny LOL!
    Drill sergeant motivation at it's best.
    You just made my point. "Gunny, a MOD". What exactly have I done, Einstein? Oh yeah ... caught two spammers because I'm on while the rest of you are copping Z's. I didn't turn into the Hulk the second I was made a mod and your accusation is typical for a crybaby.

So fucking what if I'm a mod? I'm still just me. Your whining ain't going to change one thing.

So, tell me exactly what it is I have done as a mod to anyone on this board? Or is this just another excuse by crybabies having to have their way? I can probably get an admin to post "all my mod actions" which is none.

Typical excuse. Fact is, people don't post because of you drama queens.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-15-2016 at 09:56 AM.

19. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You just made my point. "Gunny, a MOD". What exactly have I done, Einstein? Oh yeah ... caught two spammers because I'm on while the rest of you are copping Z's. I didn't turn into the Hulk the second I was made a mod and your accusation is typical for a crybaby.

So fucking what if I'm a mod? I'm still just me. Your whining ain't going to change one thing.

So, tell me exactly what it is I have done as a mod to anyone on this board? Or is this just another excuse by crybabies having to have their way? I can probably get an admin to post "all my mod actions" which is none.

This I agree with. Outside of when we are actually moderating, we should also get to enjoy the board and be like everyone else. What we won't have, is a moderator being like everyone else - and then moderating someone because of some sort of negative interaction. And I don't see that from anyone. Hell, I barely see moderation at all.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I now disagree that ignoring is cowardice or a pansy action. Once I myself believed that(for many years)!
    If fact , up until I came here and finally started learning that sometimes its a positive step when the opponent feeds off of and depends on interaction that they get to set-up and control..
    Even that is not the main reason after over decade that I FINALLY PLACED SOMEBODY ON IGNORE HERE(NEVER AT ANY OTHER FORUM BACK THEN OR EVEN NOW)--ONLY HERE.
    You see the answer is TIME....
    I FINALLY REALIZED ITS THE--TIME THAT SUCH MORONS AND TROLLS ARE TRULY AFTER, TRULY STEAL FROM YOU.

At my age I have not the luxury of wasting such time on such ffing dishonorable wretches.
    Such lowlife, self aggrandizing bastards..

Now not being able to met face to face to settle the issue--then placing on ignore is the correct action.

So even some people here that I respect still think its cowardice or weakness but I know that in some cases its the true and correct measure to take.

For time is the one thing you can not retrieve once its taken from you!
    However, you can easily stop any future taking--that I've done...

And I admit that once my stubbornness, pride and blindness kept me from that truth..

So do what ya think best but know this its not cowardice fear or appeasement, in some cases its the only correction possible....
    other than actual face to face confrontation that will get one sent to prison..
    I would never do that unless forced by the asshole coming to me--then and only then would I break that person once and for all.

Yet only one in a thousand such people(troll) ever have enough courage to dare face the opponent they delight in trolling against.
    best revenge is to no longer give them what hey want--the chance to steal your time..
    Dem/libs love doing that..especially RINO's..

ONE PARTICULAR LITTLE MAGGOT WILL NEVER STEAL ANOTHER SECOND OF MY TIME.
    And I've already seen how that has negatively affected the stinking worm. Which is in itself sweet justice...

Note- This is not about a one time disagreement/confrontation -rather its about a multi-year sustained campaign that finally proves the motive of the opponent to be true troll behaviour. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 08-15-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

23. Thanks Kathianne, jimnyc, DLT, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Gunny what are you talking about?
    you come on the board yesterday wondering why people come to DP " to be Mean" and then you call people Pussies if they don't act the way you want. WTH?!
    Seems you're one of the main drama queens here.
    And please tell me what I'm "crying about". I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.
    Yes I call BS on BAD IDEAS and hypocrisy, and bad Logic, and, killers and immoral crap of all stripes, piss poor politicians, the US gov't, and the military, an and yes even people's religions. this is a debate board people come here to COMPLAIN about stuff they think is BROKE. if that's "crying" to you then to bad. Don't join in on the subject you think needs to be treated nicely and never criticized... or defend the SUBJECT. Attacking the poster is NOT debate. at least not good debate.

It seems to me that YOU are one the people that cries if I or others not nice enough about various subjects. And start making personal attacks on people's character and " field" or "battle experience" when you have nothing left to debate with.
    So i call BS on you Gunny.
    No one that i know of has complained about you being a mod. But here's the thing you seem to miss in THIS THREAD. It's about How and when to ignore. It's aboard Admin issue. You whine and cry about how tough it is to MOD then you chime in and call people pussies if they want to use a board feature. WTH?!

in this case your NOT a regular member, your a whining MOD telling people YOU thinking they SHOULD NOT use the options on the board that the ADMIN made available.
    If you want to state your personal opinion you should make it clear that it's your PERSONAL opinion... and back off.

If you're in a thread on baking cakes and say people are pussies for using Eggs, everyone knows it's just Gunny being Gunny .but when you, Jim and other mods speak on board issues you should clarify WHOS speaking. the MOD Gunny or the regular sometimes overbearing arse Gunny.

And I hope you know ..I pick on you because i can.. and i think you CAN take it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This I agree with. Outside of when we are actually moderating, we should also get to enjoy the board and be like everyone else. What we won't have, is a moderator being like everyone else - and then moderating someone because of some sort of negative interaction. And I don't see that from anyone. Hell, I barely see moderation at all.
    See above.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-15-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

25. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post