Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I now disagree that ignoring is cowardice or a pansy action. Once I myself believed that(for many years)!
    If fact , up until I came here and finally started learning that sometimes its a positive step when the opponent feeds off of and depends on interaction that they get to set-up and control..
    I've seen a few members over the years leave instead of using the ignore feature. That sucks. Obviously I would prefer that folks use that, and stay with us. And you are dead on accurate, there are folks that feed off the negativity, trolling or whatever one may call it about the person they "don't like". We all have folks that irritate us, for various reasons, and most handle things differently. But in a perfect world, the best thing is to make the "problem" not even exist.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All members are now able to place anyone that they are unhappy with on ignore, and that includes all staff members.
    Dammit. I was so hoping that this thread would have received no replies.

Now THAT would have been hilarious!

3. Thanks jimnyc, hjmick, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I now disagree that ignoring is cowardice or a pansy action. Once I myself believed that(for many years)!
    If fact , up until I came here and finally started learning that sometimes its a positive step when the opponent feeds off of and depends on interaction that they get to set-up and control..
    Even that is not the main reason after over decade that I FINALLY PLACED SOMEBODY ON IGNORE HERE(NEVER AT ANY OTHER FORUM BACK THEN OR EVEN NOW)--ONLY HERE.
    You see the answer is TIME....
    I FINALLY REALIZED ITS THE--TIME THAT SUCH MORONS AND TROLLS ARE TRULY AFTER, TRULY STEAL FROM YOU.

At my age I have not the luxury of wasting such time on such ffing dishonorable wretches.
    Such lowlife, self aggrandizing bastards..

Now not being able to met face to face to settle the issue--then placing on ignore is the correct action.

So even some people here that I respect still think its cowardice or weakness but I know that in some cases its the true and correct measure to take.

For time is the one thing you can not retrieve once its taken from you!
    However, you can easily stop any future taking--that I've done...

And I admit that once my stubbornness, pride and blindness kept me from that truth..

So do what ya think best but know this its not cowardice fear or appeasement, in some cases its the only correction possible....
    other than actual face to face confrontation that will get one sent to prison..
    I would never do that unless forced by the asshole coming to me--then and only then would I break that person once and for all.

Yet only one in a thousand such people(troll) ever have enough courage to dare face the opponent they delight in trolling against.
    best revenge is to no longer give them what hey want--the chance to steal your time..
    Dem/libs love doing that..especially RINO's..

ONE PARTICULAR LITTLE MAGGOT WILL NEVER STEAL ANOTHER SECOND OF MY TIME.
    And I've already seen how that has negatively affected the stinking worm. Which is in itself sweet justice...

Note- This is not about a one time disagreement/confrontation -rather its about a multi-year sustained campaign that finally proves the motive of the opponent to be true troll behaviour. -Tyr
    I just don't have it in me to put someone on ignore. Not because they may not deserve to be ignored, mind you. But I'm the very definition of Pandora when it comes to wanting to know stuff. I just can't force myself to...

not look. lolol

Now whether or not I respond after looking...

that's an entirely nuther matter.

5. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Dammit. I was so hoping that this thread would have received no replies.

Now THAT would have been hilarious!
    Are you implying that some may want to place me on ignore? LOL Everyone loves me!! Isn't "nazi" a term of endearment? Or what about "I fucking hate you"? Had someone once join as "die_jimnyc".

7. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Are you implying that some may want to place me on ignore? LOL Everyone loves me!! Isn't "nazi" a term of endearment? Or what about "I fucking hate you"? Had someone once join as "die_jimnyc".
    Well...I have to admit....you are pretty lovable. But still....

it would have been funny as hell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well...I have to admit....you are pretty lovable. But still....

it would have been funny as hell.
    Maybe you can test, or someone else online...

I'm not even sure this worked for all of staff now that I read into it more. The option is to have the ability to 'ignore moderators' and there is no mention of administrators in there. Can someone go to my profile and see if they can ignore me and then un-ignore? Kinda would suck if folks can't ignore me too, as I'm a an annoying blabbermouth at times!

10. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I'm not even sure this worked for all of staff now that I read into it more. The option is to have the ability to 'ignore moderators' and there is no mention of administrators in there. Can someone go to my profile and see if they can ignore me and then un-ignore? Kinda would suck if folks can't ignore me too, as I'm a an annoying blabbermouth at times!
    You can be added to ignore list.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

12. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This I agree with. Outside of when we are actually moderating, we should also get to enjoy the board and be like everyone else. What we won't have, is a moderator being like everyone else - and then moderating someone because of some sort of negative interaction. And I don't see that from anyone. Hell, I barely see moderation at all.
    I see very little Mod action here unlike some other places I have been as a Mod, Admin, and Owner.
    Some people in those places pushed you to take action, which I would really rather not do.

If one or the Reds or Greens here calmly say (as is the case) to back off, I just Say 'Yes Sir' or 'Yes Ma'am'
    and be done with it while things cool down. What is so hard about that?
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-15-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

14. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

LOL! Go ahead and blabber about how great is The Trump and I'll test it for ya!

16. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I think anyone who would put Staff on ignore is an idiot. It is really simple. If you do not want to
    engage in a discussion, stay the F*** out! Why open a door needlessly?
    I have learned the tone and tempo of this place in 2 short years. It is pretty laid back with the exception of an
    occasional Troll.

Staff should also be expected to lend to a discussion and not assumed to just be hovering
    and looking for targets. That is how it was in 3 other places (not mine) and all 3 failed
    because of it.
    Last edited by Elessar; 08-15-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: clarity

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    You can be added to ignore list.
    Thanks for the test, if you see this of course! LOL

So now we know Jim is on the same playing field as others when it comes to being able to make someone disappear.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

LOL! Go ahead and blabber about how great is The Trump and I'll test it for ya!
    That's not nice woman!!

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Gunny what are you talking about?
    you come on the board yesterday wondering why people come to DP " to be Mean" and then you call people Pussies if they don't act the way you want. WTH?!
    Seems you're one of the main drama queens here.
    And please tell me what I'm "crying about". I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.
    Yes I call BS on BAD IDEAS and hypocrisy, and bad Logic, and, killers and immoral crap of all stripes, piss poor politicians, the US gov't, and the military, an and yes even people's religions. this is a debate board people come here to COMPLAIN about stuff they think is BROKE. if that's "crying" to you then to bad. Don't join in on the subject you think needs to be treated nicely and never criticized... or defend the SUBJECT. Attacking the poster is NOT debate. at least not good debate.

It seems to me that YOU are one the people that cries if I or others not nice enough about various subjects. And start making personal attacks on people's character and " field" or "battle experience" when you have nothing left to debate with.
    So i call BS on you Gunny.
    No one that i know of has complained about you being a mod. But here's the thing you seem to miss in THIS THREAD. It's about How and when to ignore. It's aboard Admin issue. You whine and cry about how tough it is to MOD then you chime in and call people pussies if they want to use a board feature. WTH?!

in this case your NOT a regular member, your a whining MOD telling people YOU thinking they SHOULD NOT use the options on the board that the ADMIN made available.
    If you want to state your personal opinion you should make it clear that it's your PERSONAL opinion... and back off.

If you're in a thread on baking cakes and say people are pussies for using Eggs, everyone knows it's just Gunny being Gunny .but when you, Jim and other mods speak on board issues you should clarify WHOS speaking. the MOD Gunny or the regular sometimes overbearing arse Gunny.

And I hope you know ..I pick on you because i can.. and i think you CAN take it.

See above.
    Again, where have I told someone what to say or do? You're allowed an opinion but I'm not? THAT is the attitude I'm talking about. WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD TOO. Why would I want to log on here if I don't get to play too? The staff here is designed to protect the board. It ain't about just you.

You don't have to like me. Apparently blunt force trauma ain't your style. But it's me being me. DO take note that half the regular contributing posters here are vets. We don't play the whine game. If I started whining I'd expect the Sergeant Major to come through my screen and put a boot up my ass and tell me to quit being a p*ssy and the rest would be in line to get their boots in too.

There's a chain of command. The admins make policy and we, us damnable mods, carry it out. That simple. For the record @revelarts I know you aren't the one behind this. I'm picking at you as a member to another member for your stance on a topic.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

22. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

You goof. Been there heard that. You suck. I hate you. It's because of you more people don't post. If you'd just change the rules ...

Your own family don't even like you. You're either wrong, or you're just f-ing wrong. I'll take I'm wrong for $100, Alex. Ought to be able to ace that crap.
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-15-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    G I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.

in this case your NOT a regular member, your a whining MOD telling people YOU thinking they SHOULD NOT use the options on the board that the ADMIN made available.

If you're in a thread on baking cakes and say people are pussies for using Eggs, everyone knows it's just Gunny being Gunny .but when you, Jim and other mods speak on board issues you should clarify WHOS speaking. the MOD Gunny or the regular sometimes overbearing arse Gunny.

And I hope you know ..I pick on you because i can.. and i think you CAN take it.
    I snipped this to pieces...

If you want to wax eloquent, Rev...learn the difference between YOUR (a possessive pronoun)
    and YOU'RE which means YOU ARE...​That is a Pronoun that is the subject followed by the active verb.

Not an attack...just an observation.

A Deplorable!