Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default It's Time For The Pumpkin Patch!

We went down to the 80's today, fall is in the air!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Ingredients

• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    • 1 cup powdered sugar
    • 3 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
    • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 4 large eggs
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 2 cups pumpkin puree (or a 15 oz can will work fine)
    • 1¼ cups vegetable oil
    • ½ cup granulated sugar
    • 5 tablespoons flour
    • 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
    • 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces

• To prepare the filling, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix well until blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log about 1½-inches in diameter.
    • Smooth the plastic wrap tightly around the log, and reinforce with a piece of foil. Transfer to the freezer and chill until at least slightly firm, at least 2 hours. The mixture will still be somewhat soft but firmer.
    • To make the muffins, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
    • In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend.
    • In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
    • To make the topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Add in the butter pieces and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
    • To assemble the muffins, fill each muffin well with a small amount of batter, just enough to cover the bottom of the liner (1-2 tablespoons). Slice the log of cream cheese filling into 24 equal pieces. (My batch made 28 muffins for some reason.) Place a slice of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin well.
    • You want to put the cream cheese lower than you think because it will rise a lot during the baking process. Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups, placing on top of the cream cheese to cover completely. Sprinkle a small amount of the topping mixture over each of the muffin wells.
    • Bake for 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks sundaydriver, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yup, before too long it will be time to head to the local orchard for pick your own apples. Me, I like Pumpkin roll also too. With the heat & humidity the last few weeks it has been hard to imagine fall is closing in but early yesterday morning while eating breakfast on the deck there was a nice breeze blowing and we were struck by the number of falling leaves. As much as we were enjoying the early summer morning we were presented by a sign of the coming fall which we both love. A few seconds later I pictured the next change of all the trees bare again and all the greenery gone and winter will be here again. Suddenly I was depressed and not enjoying the moment as much as I had been. Bummer!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    Yup, before too long it will be time to head to the local orchard for pick your own apples. Me, I like Pumpkin roll also too. With the heat & humidity the last few weeks it has been hard to imagine fall is closing in but early yesterday morning while eating breakfast on the deck there was a nice breeze blowing and we were struck by the number of falling leaves. As much as we were enjoying the early summer morning we were presented by a sign of the coming fall which we both love. A few seconds later I pictured the next change of all the trees bare again and all the greenery gone and winter will be here again. Suddenly I was depressed and not enjoying the moment as much as I had been. Bummer!
    I miss the change in colors of the Fall. This year though, the monsoons have been quite strong and we are currently experiencing a 'second Spring.' There's a riot of color happening in the desert right now!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill