Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Brute strength, my friend!

That's where the multiple 20 year old guys come in. I can help do it, and I did, but I paid for it later with my back killing me.... fortunately, Sharon was there to give me a massage & get me back to normal again.

Getting them up to the site wasn't so bad because you can just lift one end and slide it. The hard part is lifting them vertically to get them placed just right in the holes, then you have to lift the entire 1,000# and there isn't much room to grab at that point. With the limited room, I had to replace one of the skinny young guys to get that monster lifted and adjusted... they just didn't have the horsepower to do that one big one. All the others they did, though.
    Would that be the skinny kid in the plaid jammie bottoms? My sons both have those flannel bottoms, I think millennials were issued those at birth and I missed them hauling those home! Seriously, they all have like 20 of those!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Would that be the skinny kid in the plaid jammie bottoms? My sons both have those flannel bottoms, I think millennials were issued those at birth and I missed them hauling those home! Seriously, they all have like 20 of those!
    Nope, I replaced Tate, he's the one that's shirtless in Post #5. The one wearing the plaid jammies is my nephew, Colby... my sister's son, age 15. Really a good kid and a hard worker.

You're right though... the jammie bottoms that the youngsters wear I just don't understand... I've asked them about it and suggested they just go with sweat pants - what's with wearing jammies?

I think it's a fad. And old crusty 45 year olds like me don't get it!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Nope, I replaced Tate, he's the one that's shirtless in Post #5. The one wearing the plaid jammies is my nephew, Colby... my sister's son, age 15. Really a good kid and a hard worker.

You're right though... the jammie bottoms that the youngsters wear I just don't understand... I've asked them about it and suggested they just go with sweat pants - what's with wearing jammies?

I think it's a fad. And old crusty 45 year olds like me don't get it!
    Well the fad has been around a long time, the 'kids' are in early 30's and I think they've been wearing them longer than your Cody has been in the world! They look comfortable when laying around the house, but working? Yeah, mine would wear them just about anywhere. They've gotten better, around 25.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Brute strength, my friend!

That's where the multiple 20 year old guys come in. I can help do it, and I did, but I paid for it later with my back killing me.... fortunately, Sharon was there to give me a massage & get me back to normal again.

Getting them up to the site wasn't so bad because you can just lift one end and slide it. The hard part is lifting them vertically to get them placed just right in the holes, then you have to lift the entire 1,000# and there isn't much room to grab at that point. With the limited room, I had to replace one of the skinny young guys to get that monster lifted and adjusted... they just didn't have the horsepower to do that one big one. All the others they did, though.
    Gives one big respect for Stonhenge. And how about those Easter Island giant heads?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Gives one big respect for Stonhenge. And how about those Easter Island giant heads?
    For sure.

We could have just built a tripod over each hole and used a winch with a pulley off the tripod, but that would have been much slower and we didn't have the time for that. When we had 17 people there for a weekend, speed counts... especially when Sunday is pretty much cleanup and go home, so we only really had Friday night and Saturday to do everything.

That was by far the fastest foundation & platform construction yet. Usually it takes 2 or 3 weekends to get to this point in a new building.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

9. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post